Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

I've had a parcel at the Dublin/Central depot since 1st Dec. No other scans. Contacted Fastway through their website, they confirmed that due to a huge backlog/workload that it hasn't been delivered to the regional depot.
    Surely a parcel can't be stuck for almost 9 days without moving?

I'm inclined to contact the seller (UK) and tell them I want a refund or raise a dispute with PayPal as I'm starting to think this has been lost or is there actually that big a backlog??

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've had a parcel at the Dublin/Central depot since 1st Dec. No other scans. Contacted Fastway through their website, they confirmed that due to a huge backlog/workload that it hasn't been delivered to the regional depot.
    Surely a parcel can't be stuck for almost 9 days without moving?

I'm inclined to contact the seller (UK) and tell them I want a refund or raise a dispute with PayPal as I'm starting to think this has been lost or is there actually that big a backlog??

I bought something from Zara and it’s been with the Irish courier since 1 December according to their tracking. Zara don’t say who they ship with in Ireland and the tracking is only through their site so I’m willing to bet it’s also Fastway and that I’m in the same situation as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

I bought something from Zara and it’s been with the Irish courier since 1 December according to their tracking. Zara don’t say who they ship with in Ireland and the tracking is only through their site so I’m willing to bet it’s also Fastway and that I’m in the same situation as you.

Have an order from a UK retailer also that shipped with Hermes.. They didn't actually give me a dispatch date or a Hermes tracking no so I can't be sure, but would expect it shipped from the retailers warehouse around 1st Dec also..

Got an email from Trakpak(guessing this is Hermes), saying it is in Dublin since 09/12 and has a link to Fastway's tracking.. Fun thing is Fastway says it should be delivered in 1-2 working days depending on the service paid for.. Will be interesting to see how wide of the mark this will be.. Fully expecting it to show up in the reception of my office block some time in the new year at this stage

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - According to others on here: Hermes Thread its An Post. If someone can confirm that I'll move the posts from here to that thread.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - According to others on here: Hermes Thread its An Post. If someone can confirm that I'll move the posts from here to that thread.

Mine is Hermes: Fastway

Won't let me attach the screen grab, still too new on here

TBH, I would think Hermes are handing over to whoever will commit to delivering a few parcels, so there is no right answer/guarantee of who will deliver

• Advertisement

Just an update..I contacted the retailer and they have written off my order. I had to fill in a form confirming non receipt and they have agreed to send out my order again.
    Read into that what you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just an update..I contacted the retailer and they have written off my order. I had to fill in a form confirming non receipt and they have agreed to send out my order again.

A result for someone ;).
    Edit : Im not referring to you theunforgiven !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was expecting my new Revolut card to arrive on Thursday. According to the Fastway tracking it was delivered at 16.04 on Thursday afternoon. Three of us at home all afternoon and definitely no delivery. We have cctv so I checked and definitely no delivery. I’ve emailed them as they do not have a phone number to ring them and the response I received on Friday afternoon was that they would look into it. I can’t understand why it is flagged as delivered when clearly it has not been. Curious to see what they come back with on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I was expecting my new Revolut card to arrive on Thursday. According to the Fastway tracking it was delivered at 16.04 on Thursday afternoon. Three of us at home all afternoon and definitely no delivery. We have cctv so I checked and definitely no delivery. I’ve emailed them as they do not have a phone number to ring them and the response I received on Friday afternoon was that they would look into it. I can’t understand why it is flagged as delivered when clearly it has not been. Curious to see what they come back with on Monday.

last week my package from fastway was listed as delivered and signed for ..neither of which was true I checked around the house finally found package in neighbours lawn behind boundary wall. Thankfully the bag the package came in was white and waterproof. So that's kinda my long way of saying check your neighbours lawns....

E mac wrote: »
    last week my package from fastway was listed as delivered and signed for ..neither of which was true I checked around the house finally found package in neighbours lawn behind boundary wall. Thankfully the bag the package came in was white and waterproof. So that's kinda my long way of saying check your neighbours lawns....

Yes, this happened to us before but I checked cctv cameras for hours before and after stated delivery time and no sign of any delivery anywhere near our house or surrounds. I honestly believe the didn’t even make an effort to deliver it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Curious to see what they come back with on Monday.

A) They left it at a Spar 5km away
    B) They were on the last day of their delivery SLA so marked it delivered and will drop it whenever they're arsed.

A result for someone ;).
    Edit : Im not referring to you theunforgiven !

The retailer in the UK has sent by DPD on Friday, got a text to say that it will be with me today in the afternoon.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I ordered two jumpers online. Got delivered on Saturday. Left out on the wall in the pissing rain, even though there was clearly someone in the house (car outside)

Packaging socked - along with the jumpers inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Arrived late back last night and had an email stating that my parcel was delivered at 15:10 that day... but there is no sign of it. If i see someone in the estate with a very fetching paul smith scarf I'll tell them they have great taste!

My packet finally arrived today - 4 days later.

Zara customer care has been terrible. I contacted them twice last week, both times to be told they'd contact the courier and I'd hear back within 24-48 hours. Today I phoned them and apparently the courier was never contacted on my behalf. Supposedly I will hear within 24-48 hours this time :rolleyes: They confirmed that it is Fastway couriers, no surprise there. My order has been with them for two weeks now.

Zara customer care has been terrible. I contacted them twice last week, both times to be told they'd contact the courier and I'd hear back within 24-48 hours. Today I phoned them and apparently the courier was never contacted on my behalf. Supposedly I will hear within 24-48 hours this time :rolleyes: They confirmed that it is Fastway couriers, no surprise there. My order has been with them for two weeks now.

The latest is that I've been able to track my order with Fastway. They've had it since 1 December. Out on van for delivery 2 December. Back in the depot 4 December. Back out in van 14 December. Apparently delivered and signed for 14 December. But then on 17 December "We're trying to deliver this parcel but got no answer when we called or there was a problem with the phone number. Please contact us via the support button below and provide an update". I am beyond infuriated :mad: When I emailed their support yesterday (this was before the two updates saying Delivered 14 December, then attempted delivery 17 December) they just said I would receive my parcel within 2 days. I don't think I'm ever going to get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Justuteeee

Tracking info says: "Your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols" anybode knows what does it mean? I was all day at home and nobody was came, looked for parcel everywhere,but nothing. Thanks in advance

Justuteeee wrote: »
    Tracking info says: "Your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols" anybode knows what does it mean? I was all day at home and nobody was came, looked for parcel everywhere,but nothing. Thanks in advance

Fastway COVID protocol: Throw package in general direction of the address it is meant to be delivered to, all the while driving past at a fast pace in your nondescript unmarked white van so they won't know who it was

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maireadf

Do Fastway deliver tomorrow ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

maireadf wrote: »
    Do Fastway deliver tomorrow ?

I'm in north County Dublin and they have been for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Hi, received an email from Fastway saying that my Sportsdirect order has arrived in their hub for sorting. I have not ordered anything from Sportsdirect. The email is from noreply@fastway and it looks fairly legit, no links asking me to click into etc. Have I anything to be concerned about? Everything ok in bank account aswell. I had someone try to open a netflix account in my name a few weeks ago using my email, and had a google sign in attempt before that from someone in a really obscure country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Do you have a common name? That's the first thing I'd assume, that maybe someone entered the wrong email when they ordered something from fastway , although sounds quite strange with the netflix and google incident..

Does someone you know have access to your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It's just scammers door knocking, same craic with the texts. Judging by them trying to open account they've probably got your email address off some mailing list. Delete and ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Don’t respond to anything. Delete the text. The scams this year are on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Grand, have it deleted. Very strange but I suppose its happening to quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Am getting the same from An Post stating that they tried to deliver a package on number of occasions and now there is a fee if €1 to be paid to retry a delivery. Got all the proper logos etc and the English is perfect. Am getting 4-5 a day from different email addresses behind the sender.

May a plaque of rats descend in their households.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What can I do if an expensive delivery is marked as "delivered in accordance with covid protocols"? It was marked as delivered on 16th December but I wasn't at home at the time.

I contacted seller, who decided now was a good time to share tracking link and showed me that it was delivered, so I'd have to contact them (meaning Fastway).

What can I do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I contacted seller, who decided now was a good time to share tracking link and showed me that it was delivered, so I'd have to contact them (meaning Fastway).

The seller is responsible for contacting the courier, not you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

VG31 wrote: »
    The seller is responsible for contacting the courier, not you.
    This is what they told me:

"Follow the tracking link I sent you.

You will see an option for Support and Contact Us

THATS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE TO DO there is NO phone number

I can appreciate you're annoyed but when were shown evidence to say that a package is delivered that's all we can do."

Advertisement