Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Trampas wrote: »
    Doesn’t answer your question but out fastway rings doorbell, drops package and runs. Doesn’t even wait for an answer.

Might stick the mat over it.

Doesn’t care

I was here all day and there is nothing in the porch.

Most of the pacges don't seem to be even in the country yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

how.gareth wrote: »
    Out of time usually means the drivers shift finished before he got to your house

That's what I thought as well. I had a package on board for delivery yesterday but when I checked yesterday evening it said out of time. I've checked again this morning and it's back on board for delivery.

That's what I thought as well. I had a package on board for delivery yesterday but when I checked yesterday evening it said out of time. I've checked again this morning and it's back on board for delivery.

The first package it appeared on hasn't been scanned in Ireland. It is the same for three others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The first package it appeared on hasn't been scanned in Ireland. It is the same for three others.

Possible the ferry was delayed so the status got updated, I’m a courier meself and there can be all sorts of reasons for delays or items not getting scanned, a lot of our barcodes can be damaged or smudged so unable to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PhsycoGinger

Hello,

Does anyone know what "Unable to deliver out of time" means in regards to Fastway?

One of the items is supposedly in the ROI Hub but none of them have tracking numbers - I'm following the progress on the retailers site.
    Fastway are absolutely useless! Orders never come on time, as something is always going wrong with them. You can expect messages like that for about a week or so until you actually get your parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

4 packages came to my home over the past fortnight. Fastway is the courier company being used.

I suspect the driver has been here before and knows me as a Ms Wolle. All the packages are not for me or my family. It's for a different Wolle family who live down the road about a 10 minute walk away.

The first time it happened, the parcel was left at the front door. The next day when I got time, I walked down to the other Wolle house and left the package into them. When I came home there was another package delivered to my home and left at the front door for the other Wolle.

Same thing has happened yesterday and again today.

The driver isn't knocking at all. The driver just leaves them outside at our door.

I tried phoning fastway, to clear this up and get the driver to come back and collect the package and deliver it to the correct house. I got through to a machine that directed me to use their website and tracking if I am a customer. If I was a business owner or something to login to your account.

Once or twice would be ok, but this is number 4 now within such a short space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered. The girlfriend's local Fastway delivery guy keeps delivering her packages to a local business when she's not home. The business is charging her for this, despite telling them not to take them and she has also been in contact with Fastway and the driver himself to tell them to not do this under any conditions.

FastWay replied saying this is their practice and the business can charge customers for this. She's not a customer of this business.

I understand these guys want to get their parcels delivered but this is ridiculous. If nobody is home I have no issue going to the depot.

What's the solution here? Reporting it as lost or stolen won't likely help either as I'm sure whatever store she bought from are still making a tidy enough profit on lost packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

How about placing large orders with these companies, ask them to confirm the courier they use then cancelling the order due to said courier. Enough revenue lost and they'll have to take action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered. The girlfriend's local Fastway delivery guy keeps delivering her packages to a local business when she's not home. The business is charging her for this, despite telling them not to take them and she has also been in contact with Fastway and the driver himself to tell them to not do this under any conditions.

FastWay replied saying this is their practice and the business can charge customers for this. She's not a customer of this business.

I understand these guys want to get their parcels delivered but this is ridiculous. If nobody is home I have no issue going to the depot.

What's the solution here? Reporting it as lost or stolen won't likely help either as I'm sure whatever store she bought from are still making a tidy enough profit on lost packages.

Just ignore it and get back to the sender and tell them the package hasn't been delivered and that you know nothing about it.

She hasn't signed for it, the item wasn't delivered to the address on the label so just get it sent again or a refund.

Its the senders responsibility until the buyer receives it which hasn't happened so just push back on the sender/seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

my3cents wrote: »
    Just ignore it and get back to the sender and tell them the package hasn't been delivered and that you know nothing about it.

She hasn't signed for it, the item wasn't delivered to the address on the label so just get it sent again or a refund.

Its the senders responsibility until the buyer receives it which hasn't happened so just push back on the sender/seller.

If my experience is anything to go by, Fastway will mark it as delivered and signed for. They'll ignore any demand to see a copy of the signature. The sender will then think you're trying to scam them.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If my experience is anything to go by, Fastway will mark it as delivered and signed for. They'll ignore any demand to see a copy of the signature. The sender will then think you're trying to scam them.:mad:

Thats still not the buyer problem as they say the buyer has no contract with the courier so its the sellers problem.

I don't know why buyers make so much effort to chase couriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Big Nasty wrote: »
    How about placing large orders with these companies, ask them to confirm the courier they use then cancelling the order due to said courier. Enough revenue lost and they'll have to take action.

This is the problem when you have private companies delivering mail. Inevitably, you'll get cowboys like Fastway who end up just being a pain in the arse. They're certainly not alone though.

But, until sites offer the option to choose which carrier delivers your mail to your door, we're stuck with these jokers.

But, Ireland is lucky in many respects. We still have a decent national carrier and some good private ones, who can do their job. I have friends in America and their stories of shipping woes are continuous.

But yeh, a choice at checkout would be nice. It's not going to happen though. It's far too much bother to build that option into the system and keep making alterations to it as carriers change from country to country. That, alone, would be a full time job for somebody.

I reckon that people are just going to have to keep mailing online shopping sites about Fastway and other crappy couriers and maybe those sites will just cease doing business with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

Two packages came last week for a different Wolle family. Delivered by fastway. Two packages the week before. I or my mother was dropping the packages into the correct house. After package number 4 I got fed up thinking how many more times is this going to happen. This has to be sorted. I rang fastway and got through to an answering machine, that was no help at all.

I mentioned to my mother that we'll have to leave the package here for a few days and let the other Wolle follow up her order and complain to the shop or the courier company or whatever. Just leave it be for a few days. I soon as my back was turned my mother went down the road to redeliver that package.

Parcel number 5 came yesterday for the other Wolle, again delivered by fastway. Absolutely ridiculous at this stage.

I said to my mother leave it be for a few days. The other Wolle has to follow it up and maybe that will sort.

I have a note on the door now covered in a Ziploc bag from the rain and taped to the door for the courier. It says fastway on top and it says there's another Wolle family down the road. X (name) Wolle does not live here.

I just saw an advertisement saying Fastway won Courier Company of the Year 2018 :confused:

The Irish Logistics & Transport Awards - that sounds like a great night out. :rolleyes:

Is there awards ceremonies for everything? Reminds of the bizarre publications use in the missing words round of Have I Got News for You

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I just saw an advertisement saying Fastway won Courier Company of the Year 2018 :confused:

The Irish Logistics & Transport Awards - that sounds like a great night out. :rolleyes:

Is there awards ceremonies for everything? Reminds of the bizarre publications use in the missing words round of Have I Got News for You

They obviously didn't ask the customers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They obviously didn't ask the customers!

I'd imagine they only consult with businesses, rather than home deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Unfortunately, Fastway couldn't be there on the night to collect their award so it was left for them behind the green wheelie bin outside their head office. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

But they don't have a wheelie bin........so what office was it left at.......Meh, who cares,

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Those awards always produce some questionable results.. Think it has more to do with sponsorship than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

:mad::mad:

If I had known that Fastway were going to deliver a parcel, I would never have ordered that parcel! I don't even know where the parcel is coming from. The guy that does the runs around here is the biggest assh*le you can come across.

This is the same guy who tried to make me think he was having a breakdown and was on the verge of being suicidal in order to emotionally blackmail me into letting me leave the parcel miles away. This time, he tried the guilt trip; "lets hope you are never in the same situation as me". Yeah, working a minimum wage job with zero hour contract during off season doesn't count? So don't give me that crap, I paid for god damn postage. Now he's refusing to deliver and since I don't know who sent the parcel, I can't even tell the company. This man should not be allowed to work near people.

• Advertisement

:mad::mad:

If I had known that Fastway were going to deliver a parcel, I would never have ordered that parcel! I don't even know where the parcel is coming from. The guy that does the runs around here is the biggest assh*le you can come across.

This is the same guy who tried to make me think he was having a breakdown and was on the verge of being suicidal in order to emotionally blackmail me into letting me leave the parcel miles away. This time, he tried the guilt trip; "lets hope you are never in the same situation as me". Yeah, working a minimum wage job with zero hour contract during off season doesn't count? So don't give me that crap, I paid for god damn postage. Now he's refusing to deliver and since I don't know who sent the parcel, I can't even tell the company. This man should not be allowed to work near people.

I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...:o

selous wrote:
    I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...

I gave them a full run down at the time, and all I got was "I'll get the courier to ring you". Even after I said I'm not talking to him, they just repeated that they'd get him to ring me.

To be fair to them, this time they did say they were going to send my email to management. That's the most they have ever done.

Parcel was delivered by a Nightline courier today, who is an absolute star. Turns out the Fastway guy is just covering, and I know who he is. For all his "I hope you are never in my position" rubbish, he's a well off man who owns a manor house in a very nice area and is only covering for the courier because he can guilt trip people into leaving stuff into his businesses and he gets paid for not having to do a thing. I'm just unfortunate that he was covering the last two times I mistakenly got something delivered by Fastway...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

selous wrote: »
    I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...:o

He is the employer. They're all self employed. Fastway HQ couldnt give a rats.

ED E wrote: »
    He is the employer. They're all self employed. Fastway HQ couldnt give a rats.

Gardaí so, man driving a van says he's feeling suicidal.. Im worried about him ;) (even though he's just being a tosser)

I just told Littlewoods we are done doing business.

I was here all day yesterday and had no visitors at all yet somehow I "signed" for a parcel from Fastway at 20:09

The signature is just a line

I found a parcel this morning delivered by them between the shed and the wall and shrubbery, loads of slugs on it and cardboard sapping wet, haven't a clue when it was delivered, ordered on 6th anyway, from gate to door is a straight line, from gate to where packet was really isn't,

selous wrote: »
    I found a parcel this morning delivered by them between the shed and the wall and shrubbery, loads of slugs on it and cardboard sapping wet, haven't a clue when it was delivered, ordered on 6th anyway, from gate to door is a straight line, from gate to where packet was really isn't,

I tried looking for contact details for the local depot or an online support but there are none.

I've complained to Littlewoods about late and damaged parcels but the attitude from their support has been though they are trying to convince me I'm imagining it.

This morning though I happened up a Littlewoods' Track & Trace support agent who had no problem admitting Fastway are atrocious.

I'expecting a few deliveries today, two by Fastway.

I just got a package and didn't realise until the driver was gone that he was with Fastway because I didn't see the van,

Is it possible the other package could be with a different driver? According to tracking it was loaded onto a van twice this morning.

Should I assume it has gone astray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm waiting for a parcel from Fastway that, according to their tracking, arrived in their hub on the 2nd and was loaded into their van on the 3rd.

I contacted their support and was informed that my parcel hasn't reached Ireland from the UK yet even though I ordered my item over a week ago :confused:

Advertisement