Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

I have finally (Thursday) received a package from FASTWAY today that was originally out for delivery on Tuesday.

Their tracking showed:

08/04/2019 23:57:45 We've received your parcel in our depot. It will be out for delivery within the delivery service timeframe you requested
    09/04/2019 07:30:50 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    09/04/2019 13:47:19 Consignment carried over for delivery tomorrow
    10/04/2019 07:46:19 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    10/04/2019 17:34:33 Consignment Received in 'West' Depot
    11/04/2019 07:02:41 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.

Fastway's service has always been patchy at the best of times, but at least in the past I could get through to the depot by telephone. Yesterday I got a patronising recorded message stating that they have changed the way they operate "to provide you with a higher level of service" and I must use their online enquiry service instead of speaking to someone on the telephone. How in hell can blocking our access to the depot by telephone result in a higher level of service?

Having been unable to speak to a human being via telephone, I duly filled in their online enquiry form and submitted it as requested:

"Parcel shown as out for delivery yesterday and again today. No sign of delivery so far. Please contact driver and let me know what time it will be coming as I cannot wait in all day! Telephone *********, email ******@eircom.net".

I received a stock reply stating that "a member of our Customer Service Team will reply to you within 24 hours".

My package was 2 days overdue already. It seemed to have been out and returned to their depot on each of the past 2 days. It is a regular delivery of a small package and in the past the previous driver has arrived at my door and then spent ten or fifteen minutes searching through a chaotic pile of parcels for my item, only aided by my informing him that it IS a small package. I wondered if that had happened this time too.

They did respond this morning by email: "Apologies for the delay in delivery. We have a new driver on your route. Your parcel will be with you today."

I also received a phone call from the driver asking for my Eircode and instructions as to my location (I have a rural address). I did give my supplier the Eircode but, alas, it was not printed on the address label. My telephone number, however, WAS printed on the label.

The package had been returned undelivered to the depot TWICE and no-one had seen fit to phone me for instructions - only when I complained yesterday was anything done.

I have used Fastway on many occasions in the past, both as sender and recipient, and via their Parcels Direct service. I doubt if I will do so in the future.

I use DPD regulary (4 deliveries in the past 7 days) and they provide me with accurate delivery "windows" of an hour each time they are due to deliver parcels to me. Why can't Fastway provide that level of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"The Depot" is the drivers house (his van in the driveway or his living room).

Returned to depot just means he didnt bother going out your way that day. Many days in a row.

If its a regular shipment and you know the hassle it causes WHY ARE YOU GIVING THE COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS? Cancel your orders and tell them why. Its the only way Fastway get the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fastway is a franchise, the drivers aren't on a wage (well most of them)

guys who are new to the delivery game are thrown in the deep end and left to their own devices after a few weeks with limited training....after a few weeks the reality of it all sinks in, and many guys pack it in and try to sell on their franchise in desperation....very few stick it out for the long term (its an awful thankless job)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Ordered a parcel from ASOS to be delivered to my workplace in UCD, which has a dedicated warehouse to take in deliveries. Instead of bothering to drop it off it was sent to a parcel connect shop somewhere in Clonskeagh instead of the actual delivery address.

No way of contacting them except through their web support. What an absolute shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ordered with Boohoo last Thursday morning and chose next day delivery (even though I know it's never next day, that's what I paid for) to the local shop (because otherwise it gets left all sorts of places). It's now Tuesday and nothing. It was loaded onto a van on Saturday, and no updates after that. Boohoo said they would contact Fastway on my behalf but I can't see that helping much. Honestly don't know how Fastway have any corporate customers, they're terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

fryup wrote: »
    Fastway is a franchise, the drivers aren't on a wage (well most of them)

guys who are new to the delivery game are thrown in the deep end and left to their own devices after a few weeks with limited training....after a few weeks the reality of it all sinks in, and many guys pack it in and try to sell on their franchise in desperation....very few stick it out for the long term (its an awful thankless job)

Sorry but that is ridiculous. If you take a job as a courier, the concept is very simple - you bring a package to it's intended destination. If the recipient is not there you come back later/follow the instructions.

There is no "deep end".

The majority of complaints is here is that Fastway couriers are even not bringing the parcels to the address marked on the labels.

You are correct though that being a Fastway courier is a thankless job, but that is only because they don't deliver the parcels to the people who would say thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaisyJoness

I cannot find the online enquiry form on their website. When I go into make an enquiry option it just brings me into the online support section and this isn't working for me. Keep getting an error message "404 category not found". Cannot contact the depot by phone.

Have no way of contacting the depot...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I just had a delightful encounter with Fastways Enniscorthy driver, I won't put his name in here in case that breaches some sort of rule. He rang me to say he had a large box for me which I was expecting to come tomorrow. The reason I got the call was because the box was quite large and obviously in his way in the van. I informed him I was in work 3 hours away and would not be home till tomorrow when I was expecting the delivery. He was adamant he was getting rid of the box so one phone call later to the missus I rang him back to tell him to drop it to her workplace a few minutes out the road.

Now for the fun bit.... he then proceeded to rant at me how I shouldn't be getting deliveries to an address I'm not at and how I was f..king up his delivery route and this box was in his way of getting at other boxes in his van. At this I told him that boxes of all sizes were what being a delivery driver was about and if he didn't like the job I suggested he didn't do it. At this he started cursing more and telling me that for that ignorant comment he wouldn't deliver it to herself at all and would bring it back to the depot in New Ross where I'd have to collect it. Remember all the fuss he just made about the box being in his way?

New Ross doesn't suit so I then told him that I was rejecting the delivery altogether and that it was to be returned to Amazon where I'll be refunded. I don't know if Fastway still get paid for a rejected delivery (I hope they don't) but I'll be making Amazon know that if any box comes through Fastway I won't be buying it from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Absolute gangsters these lads. I get regular deliveries from 123ink and fastway would be their main delivery method. Everytime they deliver they just leave it on the door step and never ring the doorbell which is fine by me most of the time unless it rains.

Couple of weeks I had to send back a package and 123 assigned fastway for collection. It's still not collected. I get an email stating they tried to collect 3 times which is a total blatant lie. They should be made leave a docket saying they tried collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

I have a parcel being delivered from fastway and on the 22nd it said that it would be delivered the next working day. On the 23rd it was loaded into their van and being delivered today. On the tracking info it says that

''We're trying to deliver this parcel but can't access the premises. Please contact us via the support button below to provide an update so we can deliver your parcel on the next working day.''

I've contacted them through thier online support and waiting on a reply. Just wondering do they ring beforehand when delivering a parcel to give an idea of a time they will arrive as I gave two numbers on the parcel. I never received a call from them and wondering will I get parcel tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Manutd623 wrote: »
    I have a parcel being delivered from fastway and on the 22nd it said that it would be delivered the next working day. On the 23rd it was loaded into their van and being delivered today. On the tracking info it says that

''We're trying to deliver this parcel but can't access the premises. Please contact us via the support button below to provide an update so we can deliver your parcel on the next working day.''

I've contacted them through thier online support and waiting on a reply. Just wondering do they ring beforehand when delivering a parcel to give an idea of a time they will arrive as I gave two numbers on the parcel. I never received a call from them and wondering will I get parcel tomorrow?

;-) funny.... Don't hold your breath but you could be lucky....

It seems hit and miss.....

I did get a call 30 mins before he arrived which was great but seems not all follow same.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

A parcel was “left in a safe place” this morning and is nowhere to be found. They’re unreachable by phone and the emails say it could be up to 24 hours for a response!

A €500 delivery has just disappeared...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

If you paid for it yourself and hopefully by credit card, ring your credit card company they usually take over the inquiry and you get a refund, (seen a courier on Monday delivering in his BMW 5 series, leaving a packet outside the front of an apartment block door and leaving don't know what company, car was loaded up with packets in front and back seats )

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

selous wrote: »
    If you paid for it yourself and hopefully by credit card, ring your credit card company they usually take over the inquiry and you get a refund, (seen a courier on Monday delivering in his BMW 5 series, leaving a packet outside the front of an apartment block door and leaving don't know what company, car was loaded up with packets in front and back seats )

I bought through PayPal, I always choose them in case something like this pops up. I’ve gone back to the retailer and we’ll see where it goes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    This is the only way to do it. Enough complaints and lost revenue and companies will just refuse to use Fastway.

It's amazing how shit outfits like Fastway or Greyhound get away with operating such a farce and nothing is done about it.

Looks like Fastway have lost Amazon deliveries. DPD seem to have replaced them whenever it's not with An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

arseagon wrote: »
    Looks like Fastway have lost Amazon deliveries. DPD seem to have replaced them whenever it's not with An Post

Nah, mostly DPD or An Post for Prime, iParcel/Fastway or An Post if you aren't paying for prime.

There are loads of other variations especially when they fulfill an order from another country.

my3cents wrote: »
    Nah, mostly DPD or An Post for Prime, iParcel/Fastway or An Post if you aren't paying for prime.

There are loads of other variations especially when they fulfill an order from another country.

That's not been my experience, it was always Fastway for prime orders previously if not by An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

arseagon wrote: »
    That's not been my experience, it was always Fastway for prime orders previously if not by An Post.

I've had the odd order with Prime come through Fastway, in which case the parcel is always late so I phone up and complain that the reason I pay for Prime is to avoid Fastway and often get a months free Prime as a result, last time I think I got a fiver credited to my account.

Out of 52 deliveries this year 2 have come with Fastway the rest DPD or An Post, the two with Fastway got me a months free Prime and a fiver credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fastway delivery around here is before 6.45. The driver just leaves the delivery at the front door. Doesnt matter what it is. Got a mail early yesterday to say that my items were delivered successfully and they hoped we were happy with the items. The mail came even before we knew they were delivered and included my signature :).
    Looked at the door and items were outside. I contacted the seller ,they were surprised and are looking into it. I am disgusted that the driver forged my signature. No number to contact Fastway. Fukin chancers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I've had a couple of issues with them in the past but the most recent one drove me over the edge.

I knew a delivery was on the way and getting late in the afternoon, I checked the tracking to see was there any update. The tracking listed the parcel as delivered, with authority to leave without signature (I've never given this). Searched everywhere and no sign. Messaged them as of course you can't ring anymore and (pretty quickly to be fair) they messaged that it had been delivered but to the local Centra and that this shouldn't have happened. There was no way I would ever have know, or been told, where the parcel actually was without chasing them.

When I did get down to the Centra, which is about 5km away (rural), there must have been around 20 parcels behind the counter. Girl on the till told me it happens a lot on Friday afternoons apparently. I won't be buying anything from any company that uses Fastway anymore.

Hhow did you message them

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Hhow did you message them

Through their online support,

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RedParrot

I had a terrible time with fastway couriers over the past year. The courier driver for my area has been about for a few years to know the area. Basically over the past year he has been mixing up the orders on my road. There's a few different households on the road with the same surname as mine. Over the past year, I've been getting other peoples packages, and they have been getting mine. Only for some honest neighbours, I never would have got my orders/parcels sent with fastway.

During the summer, a parcel due to be delivered went astray and I made contact with fastway through their enquiry form online. I eventually got a response and an email with the couriers number. Even after talking to him politely on the phone during the summer, he still managed to **** up the delivery of my orders sent with fastway.

Fast forward to just the week gone by. I made an online order with an Irish shop. They have a policy of order before a certain time for next day delivery. I was expecting my delivery for Tuesday but nothing came by Wednesday. I checked my email to discover it was dispatched with fastway and the tracking said it was delivered and signed for by my name.

I was absolutely fcuking fuming because there was no parcel and the cheek of the courier signing my name.

I had a vague idea where my parcel was. More than likely gone into another persons house. I was still fuming and I'm sick of these second hand deliveries at this stage. I paid a delivery charge with my order, addressed to me including the postcode and my phone number. Its just lazy delivery from fastway and that's all it is.

DPD, an post, nightline, DHL can all get my orders and deliveries right but fastway can't.

I could have made the 10 minutes walk over the road to knock on another persons door to see if they have a parcel for me but no, I didn't do that this time and why should I? It was a cold, wet, dark winters night and I was tired. As far as I was concerned there was a non delivery of my order. As far as I know under eu consumer law, I have rights about this. I contacted the shop I ordered from and although I was fuming with fastway, I was calm with the shop owner talking to him over the phone to notify him of the non delivery of my order. I was going down this route. I wanted the shop to sort it out and send out the order again or refund me and to be fair, he was lovely. What happened was, he chased things up with fastway. To be honest, he was just as disgusted and disappointed with fastway. Eventually, fastway head office located my parcel and made contact with the courier driver. The driver was ordered by Head office to pick up my parcel where he left it and deliver it correctly. The shop owner rang me back and he told me the courier told head office he left my parcel at my cousins house. First of all, we have the same surname but we are not cousins. The cheek of him and he had no authorisation to leave my order at another person's house and sign my name. He turned up at the door within an hour with my parcel looking frightened and very sheepish and issued an apology.

For others with problems with fastway and non delivery, don't go chasing your parcels with fastway. Use the consumer laws that's available and contact the shop you order from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Iv had 6 parcel connect packages arrive at my pick up location in the last year and a half which are things I havnt ordered.

The first time this happened I picked it up thinking it was something I may have ordered that I forgot about, when I opened it it was flower bulbs which I 100% didnt order. Tried to contact Fastway and tell them that I didnt order this and that it must have delivered to me by accident. I had to call them 4 times before they finally got the message that someone was loosing out on their goods. I asked would they send a courier to my house to pick it up as I didnt want to trek all the way back to the shop but they refused, I then asked if I would be refunded the €4.00 charge to pick up the parcel. They refused. Absolute joke of a courier company. I have since received 5 more parcels that I didnt order but I refuse to collect them as im not paying €4.00 for someone elses crap!

On a seperate note, had tickets and associated tshirts to an event delivered by Fastway a few months ago and the parcel was just left on the floor of my apartment complex lobby, free for anyone to take. Contacted them and got a simple "were sorry". No attempt to call me or ring the bell or anything as I was working from home for the day.

Fastway are without doubt the WORST courier company I have ever dealt with. They simply dont give a damn about the receiver of the goods they are delivering! A complete and utter joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,272 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fastway delivered a parcel to me yesterday with no issue

Hogzy wrote: »
    Iv had 6 parcel connect packages arrive at my pick up location in the last year and a half which are things I havnt ordered.

The first time this happened I picked it up thinking it was something I may have ordered that I forgot about, when I opened it it was flower bulbs which I 100% didnt order. Tried to contact Fastway and tell them that I didnt order this and that it must have delivered to me by accident. I had to call them 4 times before they finally got the message that someone was loosing out on their goods. I asked would they send a courier to my house to pick it up as I didnt want to trek all the way back to the shop but they refused, I then asked if I would be refunded the €4.00 charge to pick up the parcel. They refused. Absolute joke of a courier company. I have since received 5 more parcels that I didnt order but I refuse to collect them as im not paying €4.00 for someone elses crap!

On a seperate note, had tickets and associated tshirts to an event delivered by Fastway a few months ago and the parcel was just left on the floor of my apartment complex lobby, free for anyone to take. Contacted them and got a simple "were sorry". No attempt to call me or ring the bell or anything as I was working from home for the day.

Fastway are without doubt the WORST courier company I have ever dealt with. They simply dont give a damn about the receiver of the goods they are delivering! A complete and utter joke!!

I had an expensive item delivered by them 10 days ago. Left it on my doorstep at 06.45. Anybody could have taken it. They dont give a bollix about their customers or their customers, customers. I am flabbergasted that they haven't gone tits up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Courier of the year I believe they won last year, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

selous wrote: »
    Courier of the year I believe they won last year, :D

all the rest of the votes must have got left into the local garage instead of delivered to their intended recipient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Been meaning to post here to say service had actually got good with a new delivery woman working for Fastway.

However it got bad again in last few days.Delivery was due on Friday - then Littlewoods site changed it to Saturday. Not unreasonable especially this time of year. However it did not arrive and since then the delivery estimate changed a dozen times. Been waiting for their customer support chat to free up and then suddenly the tracking updated with Fastway claiming delivered and signed for on Saturday. However it only says that on my phone's browser. My computer shows the tracking has not changed.

Advertisement