Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairy Baby t-shirts €5.00

• 06-02-2018 3:15pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just received an email from Hairy baby that they are clearing out some shop soiled t-shirts for €5.00 each, mens and womens.
    We'll be honest! We're not perfect and sometimes we can make a bags of printing our tees, a small ink stain here, loose thread there, SHOP SPOILED as we say in the trade. But we've very high standards at HB and last time we did this many people couldn't actually find fault with the garment!!

So fancy some shop soiled tees today? Better get on it though, stock is very limited.

LINK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

miamee wrote: »
    Just received an email from Hairy baby that they are clearing out some shop soiled t-shirts for €5.00 each, mens and womens.

LINK

Great deal, just ordered some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

sorry, its not that great a deal IMO

1. see what qualifies as Shop Spoiled Stock from their website. doesnt sound great.
    2. you dont get to choose the tee.

qwertee do random tees at 5 euro each every couple of weeks, just sign up for the new letter. They are not seconds & free delivery on orders over 30. ive ordered twice from them recently.
    What constitutes Shop Spoiled Stock?

- We weren't happy with the end print (colour not as we'd hoped)
    - Wrong colour tee printed for an order
    - Stray ink spots, smudges in the print (not that noticable but are to us printing nerds)
    - Finger smudges from people handling our shop stock
    - Left over stock from trade shows (condition new but may be end of line)
    - Sun damaged
    - Incorrect size labeled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

€4.50 P&P per order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭fulhamfan

Hairybaby Irish, based in Cork. Maybe old fashioned but there will be no jobs left if we buy everything abroad!! Just my 2puence worth:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Be careful when receiving tshirts from this crowd and then trying it on.
    they swore up and down to me that i marked the shirt while trying it on and would not refund me my money when the t shirt was to small.
    I ended up having to open a dispute with paypal over it.got my money back in the end.
    I never bought off them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You are asked to choose a size - but could get one of the "Incorrect size labeled" from the bunch. So as an XL - I could get a small..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Hairybaby Irish, based in Cork. Maybe old fashioned but there will be no jobs left if we buy everything abroad!! Just my 2puence worth:pac::pac:

Asking 24 euro and 4.50 postage for a t-shirt is anything but old fashioned.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Be careful when receiving tshirts from this crowd and then trying it on.
    they swore up and down to me that i marked the shirt while trying it on and would not refund me my money when the t shirt was to small.
    I ended up having to open a dispute with paypal over it.got my money back in the end.
    I never bought off them again.

Thats fine in general but for this particular offer you accepting it as shop soiled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Qwertee are based in Dublin, what's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

GBX wrote: »
    You are asked to choose a size - but could get one of the "Incorrect size labeled" from the bunch. So as an XL - I could get a small..

Nah, they would send you the correct size but the label would be wrong i.e. order a small and the product you receive is a small but might have an XL label.

That is my understanding of how that works.

• Advertisement

Ordered 3, so works out at €6.50 each delivered. Not a hope in hell I'd pay nearly €30 for a full priced one

Only showing small and 2XL available in mens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Now only Small in mens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭fulhamfan

Hairybaby Cork based and owned whereas Qwertee seems to be managed in Dublin but not Irish owned according to Companies website so I guess my point remains the same, buy Irish when we can:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Crappy banter yokes, at least they mark out who to avoid on a night out.

Hairybaby Cork based and owned whereas Qwertee seems to be managed in Dublin but not Irish owned according to Companies website so I guess my point remains the same, buy Irish when we can:)

If you're concerned about such things then I'd recommend not browsing Bargain Alerts and instead buy things at RRP. That'll help the Irish economy. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Terrible deal IMO. You get a ‘spoiled tee’ and you don’t even get to choose the t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got my three... nowt wrong with actual t-shirts if I'm being honest.. but not gone on the three designs!

hb-evelution-bk-m_2.png
    (this in red)

hb-suckin-diesel-kg.png
    (this in yellow)

hb-sound-out-by.png
    (this in red)

Got my three as well. Red Evolution of hurling one like Basq got, a yellow "Goosed" one & a Cailín Dána one for the OH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Now you're sucking diesel. .... In yellow..

You won't be wearing that out anywhere. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dennispenn wrote: »
    Now you're sucking diesel. .... In yellow..

You won't be wearing that out anywhere. :D
    I only really wear Tee's under jumpers / hoodies etc.. but that's probably the one I'd most likely wear out of the 3 I got! :)

Advertisement