Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance Query/Recommendations

• 06-02-2018 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just wondering can anyone recommend a travel insurance company who covers the use of machinery and power tools. Is there any out there that cover this type of thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think that Travel Insurance generally does not cover you if you are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

CabanSail wrote: »
    I think that Travel Insurance generally does not cover you if you are working.
    Would health insurance provide cover for working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Would health insurance provide cover for working?

Do you intend to work for yourself or what is your reason for wanting insurance for using power tools and machinery?
    Health insurance or travel insurance will not cover any of this as far as I am aware.
    What insurance do you have in Ireland for this type of work? It will be the same in Australia I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Did you try usit for the working holiday visa? They use Mapfre as an insurance provider.

Advertisement