Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Legal in Ireland (Home Defence)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Hi, just wondering is this type of gun legal in Ireland?

It would be for home defence (I live in the country)

I don't want to get a real gun and think this would be a good non-lethal alternative

Please advise

https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Supply-Pepper-Spray-Defense/dp/B01NBAFRQJ

I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Very popular throughout europe at the moment but definitely require a licence here.
    They'll be well over the 1J threshold, meaning that they are defined as a firearm in the context of Irish law;
    Then even if you could licence the pistol (which you can't) you still wouldn't be allowed to use those rounds as we can't have pepperspray here either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

Hi, just wondering is this type of gun legal in Ireland?

It would be for home defence (I live in the country)

I don't want to get a real gun and think this would be a good non-lethal alternative

Please advise

https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Supply-Pepper-Spray-Defense/dp/B01NBAFRQJ

Besides the legal situation: Pointing something that looks like a gun, but isn't actually a gun, at someone who has proven to have significant criminal energy and might be actually armed themselves, is about the stupidest thing someone can do in that situation.

Wildcard7 wrote: »
    Besides the legal situation: Pointing something that looks like a gun, but isn't actually a gun, at someone who has proven to have significant criminal energy and might be actually armed themselves, is about the stupidest thing someone can do in that situation.

Not as stupid as waiting for the police to show up while your home is invaded, if it's against the law fair enough, but I think home defence now days is necassary

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mod Note : Read the charter, specifically this. This is a sports forum, not a martial arts forum, and what you're asking about isn't legal anyway. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement