Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM Card PIN requested when phone powers off.

Options
  • 06-02-2018 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Just recently switched to Eir - when the phone battery dies on the samsung s8 plus - when I charge it and restart - it looks for the pin number from the original sim card when we ported over from Vodafone.  I've never seen this before as we have a new pin and thumb recognition already setup - can you explain why this would happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Just recently switched to Eir - when the phone battery dies on the samsung s8 plus - when I charge it and restart - it looks for the pin number from the original sim card when we ported over from Vodafone.  I've never seen this before as we have a new pin and thumb recognition already setup - can you explain why this would happen?
    Hi jinkybhoy,

The pin number it is requesting is outlined on the back of the card you received with your Eir sim card. If you cannot find this sim I would recommend contacting 1901 and they can provide you with the pin.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi jinkybhoy,

The pin number it is requesting is outlined on the back of the card you received with your Eir sim card. If you cannot find this sim I would recommend contacting 1901 and they can provide you with the pin.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks - I have that sim card but what i don't understand is why it's asking for this - we have the phone setup with our own personal pin now.  When my phone dies and i restart  - I just have to put in my new created PIN (i'm with vodafone and a smasung s8)- not the original PIN on the simcard.

Hi jinkybhoy,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks - I have that sim card but what i don't understand is why it's asking for this - we have the phone setup with our own personal pin now.  When my phone dies and i restart  - I just have to put in my new created PIN (i'm with vodafone and a smasung s8)- not the original PIN on the simcard.
    You can turn this feature off in the settings on your phone.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi jinkybhoy,

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    oh right - do you know where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Settings > Security > SIM card lock
    lock-sim-card-option-android-phone.png

• Advertisement

Hi jinkybhoy,

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    oh right - do you know where exactly?
    Thank you Ten Pin that is correct.

Advertisement