Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seaside Villages around Donegal Town

Options
  • 06-02-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi, as the title suggests can any of you tell me of little seaside villages near to donegal town? We would like self catering acc near the beach and a shop, pub / restaurant etc. We've two kids ages 6&1 so it would be nice to not have to get into the car every day to go from place to place. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

Em trying to think of somewhere handy. Maybe Rossnowlagh. I love the beach and there are a few restaurants like Smugglers Creek, Gaslight, Sandhouse Hotel. It's a bit overbuilt, that's the only thing I'd have against it.

Inver is nice but there aren't any shop or pubs or restaurants within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

zsha wrote: »
    Hi, as the title suggests can any of you tell me of little seaside villages near to donegal town? We would like self catering acc near the beach and a shop, pub / restaurant etc. We've two kids ages 6&1 so it would be nice to not have to get into the car every day to go from place to place. Thanks

Dunfanaghy has been mentioned in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks did dunfanaghy couple of years ago on a recommendation, was just fab. Haven't been down the donegal side so that's why just wondering about that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam
    Where is it moved to? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where is it moved to? Thanks
    Donegal forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Define 'near' - ardara is kinda near donegal towm and not far from the beach, narin/portnoo is on the beach and within am hr from domegal town.

Further north theres a heap of places

Ah thanks v much. I booked rossnowlagh after looking forward now

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

Ah thanks v much. I booked rossnowlagh after looking forward now

I hope you enjoy it now :)

Castle adventure farm in Ballyshannon is 5 minute drive away too. Good for the wee ones. Nice day out if weather is good.

Advertisement