Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage in Waterville, D15

Options
  • 06-02-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Been out for well over an hour now and I'm getting cold!
    Is the whole Waterville neighbourhood out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Waterville, Clonsilla Road, Westend Apartments, some of Corduff and other places according to the recorded message on the esb fault line. Out since 5, due back at 6,7 and now saying 8 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Bits of Summerfield and the Blanch Center are on and off for the last few hours too.

They've just tweeted saying latest update is 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just follow Powercheck. Over 1800 premises all in so they'll be busy busy.

Type of service interruption: Fault
    Number of customers affected: 1143
    Start time: 06/02/2018 19:24
    Estimated restore time: 06/02/2018 23:00

The Waterville one is saying out since 18.52 but it's been out since 17.00 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mulhuddart was out for a good hour and a half on Sunday up to 5000 premises affected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It was 5 till just after 8. What amused me is ringing up they asked up for mprn. How was i supposed to see it. My mobile was low on power; the torch was minus battery; couldn't check bill online obviously.

Ih traffic lights were out in village as well. Not all but some.

Since it's come back the lights are brighter. I thought I was imagining things but my friend said the same thing.

Waterville used to be on the same power line as the hospital. Been living there 14 years and never had a power cut like this. Wonder when that changed

That's what I thought...been here since 2004.

It was funny...some traffic lights working and some not.

Reminded me growing up when there were lots of outages. My uncle was HR Director of ESB so we always felt connected in some way...but secretly loved it as we used to get chipper that night...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Funny, the gym at the National Aquatic Centre and Wetherspoons both posted on Facebook last night that they were closed due to power outage. I guess they are all on the same 'line'.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

FYI
    There is a planned power outage in the area Wednesday 14th February (9-4). Some residents in Springlawn Estate got a notice. My creche on the Clonsilla Road has told the parents, that the Creche might be affected.

Advertisement