Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV turns on when I come home (harmony hub, nest, hue)

• 06-02-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Ok folks funny problem I've noticed for the past few weeks.
    Started about two weeks ago when I came home from work I noticed the TV amp and sky were turned on almost as if I used my harmony remote to turn them on (which I haven't). No indication to how long they had been on.

At the time I was having a problem with the Internet and assumed that was to blame by Disrupting the hub connection or some such. I reset the hub and the past week the internet is fixed and everything working well until I came into the house this evening and the TV turned on just as I came through the front door. This is the first time I've noticed it being linked to my entering the house but it could have always been happening.

I have Philips hue lights on sensors in hall and sittingroom and nest cam and harmony hub all linked but I can't for the life of me find any reason why the TV is turning on. The only thing I can think of is I have the hue lights set to come on when they detect motion in my hall so unless for some reason the light in the sittingroom is triggering the harmony command to turn on the TV.

Anyone ever experience anything like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Bedroom TV was doing similar for us (have a harmony) but ever since I turned off Wake-On-LAN on the TV it's stopped happening.

Advertisement