Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this typical of customer service for gas boiler repair work from Electric Ireland

Options
  • 06-02-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=arial, sans-serif]I booked a gas boiler service for the 15th of Dec 2017. The Engineer who came, identified some components which he said would have to be ordered and he informed me that I would be contacted regarding a date for repair. I did not receive any further followup on the status of the the work until I made contact with Electric Ireland in the second week of Jan 2018 in which case I was told to contact the Engineer, who in turn told me to contact another number (technical office) regarding parts ordering. When I made contact with them, they said they were waiting on parts and would update me later that day. No contact from them either until I called them next day. Still no details on when parts would be available. The next week there was no updates or contact from Electric Ireland. On Thursday the 18th of January I cancelled the work. The technical office called on the next day with cost of  parts! The gas boiler was  a Baxi boiler installed just over 5 years ago.  My concern is with the lack of contact/updates and the delay. Is this acceptable service. Charged 89 euro for call-out on the 15th.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order for us to look into this for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your address
    • Your contact telephone number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement