Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Address

Options
  • 06-02-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have recently moved to Ireland (mid-December 2017). My employment contract started mid-January but the process of obtaining my PPS number dragged a bit due to my employer's slow response rate. I do not have a bank account yet and I really need one as soon as possible - my first payment is due on February 15 and if I don't have a bank account I will not be able to pay my rent & live for the next month.

I have visited an office, but the information received is mixed on the matter and I need your help in confirming this.

I do have a PPS number now, I can, of course, produce a valid passport as proof of identity.

Can I use as proof of address a letter from the company that offered the apartment for rent - that letter clearly certifies I am living at the address?

My address is also written in clear on the PPS letter confirming my number, the e-work contract I have with the employer and the letter of confirmation of employment my employer has issued for me. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

It is the commercial decision of each bank etc on what documentation they accept as proof of id and proof of address.

If you have a look at the ccpc website there information on what documentation is acceptable but again it's up to each institution on what they accept.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money/banking/opening-account/

Tivodarus wrote: »
    Hello,

I have recently moved to Ireland (mid-December 2017). My employment contract started mid-January but the process of obtaining my PPS number dragged a bit due to my employer's slow response rate. I do not have a bank account yet and I really need one as soon as possible - my first payment is due on February 15 and if I don't have a bank account I will not be able to pay my rent & live for the next month.

I have visited an office, but the information received is mixed on the matter and I need your help in confirming this.

I do have a PPS number now, I can, of course, produce a valid passport as proof of identity.

Can I use as proof of address a letter from the company that offered the apartment for rent - that letter clearly certifies I am living at the address?

My address is also written in clear on the PPS letter confirming my number, the e-work contract I have with the employer and the letter of confirmation of employment my employer has issued for me. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Tivodarus wrote: »
    Hello,

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

We would accept a utilities bill or a statement from another financial institution. If you don't have any of these proof's you can request a P21 from the Revenue and we would be able to accept this as a proof of address.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement