Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer sniper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Journal.ie comments are between hillarious and utterly daft.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

I took one glance on this on the news app on my phone shook my head and turned off my phone......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What's wrong with it, that he sold the meat?
    Probably paid for the sniper cost.

First of all we are not "Snipers":mad: We are stalkers or hunters.Snipers are military personnel trained and tasked with eliminating enemy personnel or equipment at long ranges on a battlefield.
    I know it probably sounds better for the immature children that write for Journal.ie but they maybe could invest in a dictionary and use the proper terminology if they want to be taken a bit more seriously than a 6thyear secondary school rag week newspaper that got online somehow??

Who knows what the Hell is wrong,with some of the empty-headed comments from the readers it could be everything and anything.In one comment the guy is too old at 70 to be culling deer FFS!:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Wait til the vegans see this thread :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Where do you apply for the job ? Have gun will travel and I've shot snipe before :)

And the park even remained open, what do them folks think the fella was using ? Naval guns ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Wait til the vegans see this thread :):):)

They should be happy because deer are direct competitors for their food supply....

You owe me a new computer screen MS.Just snorted coffee all over mine after reading that.:D

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You owe me a new computer screen MS.Just snorted coffee all over mine after reading that.:D

And we wonder then why deer poaching is rife and so many are shot? Average 96euros a carcass...Dealer makes 150+/- per carcass to Europe.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    And we wonder then why deer poaching is rife and so many are shot? Average 96euros a carcass...Dealer makes 150+/- per carcass to Europe.
    :mad:

bingo is the word you are looking for add the word cash to that and it pays far better than a legitimate job in this country ,i have said it is so lucrative that we have non nationals coming here for 4-5 months cleaning up and going home with cash in their pockets come by truck and go by truck pockets full

If they are non-nationals,well then it shouldn't be too hard to track down who it is by the applications to import firearms for deer hunting via the DOJ/AGS...That's if there is the will to do so...

Advertisement