Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air gun license how long ?

Options
  • 06-02-2018 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm new to boards and was just wondering how long does an air gun license take to come back in the Carlow area .i got a letter with my application number on it saying it would take 3 months but different people are telling different things and just want to find out ? Does anyone know ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Welcome to the forum.

Last i heard Carlow applications were being sent to Portlaoise to be processed. Don't know if that is still the case. We also have a new Firearms Officer in Portlaoise. She is thorough but doing well. Applications are a little slower than when under the old FO, but waiting time is around two weeks.

So if it's still the same then you may get word by the middle of the month. As for the 3 month thing, its a standard response because by law An Gardaí must have a decision made and relayed to you within 3 months.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wesley_98

Cass wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum.

Last i heard Carlow applications were being sent to Portlaoise to be processed. Don't know if that is still the case. We also have a new Firearms Officer in Portlaoise. She is thorough but doing well. Applications are a little slower than when under the old FO, but waiting time is around two weeks.

So if it's still the same then you may get word by the middle of the month. As for the 3 month thing, its a standard response because by law An Gardaí must have a decision made and relayed to you within 3 months.

Thanks very much that really helpful the wait is just so painful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It can be like waiting for Christmas.

How long ago did you submit the application?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement