Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Interlude - Eberron

• 06-02-2018 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Goodie brings the ship into the city's main airship terminal. As he lowers it onto the platform provided atop a tower with four golden dragon statues at each corner.

The district around them is obviously rich with bureaucratic offices,
    monuments, some kind of temple and up market restaurants.

The oddest thing is that all the towers are connected by walkways, so there is no need to go more than ten floors down in any of them.

Indeed a look out the window shows in some places people are being checked before coming up to this level.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Othegre opens the yellow door, dressed as a cone head, going " whirr click click!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ship get your dorsal hatch mended and be quick about it also refuel and get some of the explosive rounds for you cannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"I am not compatible with the systems here, I do not know how to contact the port. Loudspeaker?"

Fourier wrote: »
    "I am not compatible with the systems here, I do not know how to contact the port. Loudspeaker?"

oh is this not your dimension?

Othegre can hear Goodies voice but not see him.
    Conclusion : he's dead and this ship is haunted. She sadly makes her way to the stairs, humming a dirge. She's tempted to look back, which would have been a good idea in retrospect as the wider field of view would have let her notice his now more diminutive form, but no - she must be strong, she must move ever onward, eyes on the prize. For Goodie-ship. She chokes back a tear and steps out of the hatch.

• Advertisement

"Sorry captain, it is not. The technology is more magical than our homeworld."

"Sorry captain, it is not. The technology is more magical than our homeworld."

ok can you remember the previous plane?
    if so jump to the home world and we'll get serviced

Banjo wrote: »
    She chokes back a tear and steps out of the hatch.
    Well dressed people walk about the streets, eating and talking. One such, a magician of some sort, walks up to Othegre.

"You seem lost friend, there is no need for that odd suit."

Tigger wrote: »
    ok can you remember the previous plane?
    if so jump to the home world and we'll get serviced
    "Fuel is low, I can jump, but at a slight risk. Previous plane with slightly greater risk than the homeworld."

"Fuel is low, I can jump, but at a slight risk. Previous plane with slightly greater risk than the homeworld."

go to the homeworld ad we can get powered up

• Advertisement

Well dressed people walk about the streets, eating and talking. One such, a magician of some sort, walks up to Othegre.

"You seem lost friend, there is no need for that odd suit."

"Can't you see I'm in mourning? I've just lost a very dear fr- well.. acquaintance? Work colleague? You know I didn't really know him that well now I think about it. And what is death but the release of captive energies from this macabre fleshy cage? Yeah! Alright! Thanks bud!"
    She throws back the cone hood and puts out a hand.
    "Othegre"
    She smiles with no teeth showing.

The ship appears in a world that looks like it is in the process of recovering. Construction seems to be taking place on a city.

Goodie appears directly at a ship port, next to a fuel tanker. Some of the conical headed beings turn and point angrily at the ship.

"Fueling complete captain. Jumping back now. Those outside recognise us as the losing side in the war."

A loud bang fills the port.

OOC: Back to other thread Goodie!

Banjo wrote: »
    She smiles with no teeth showing.
    "Ah a vampire" he bows.

"Welcome to the city hallowed one"

"Ah a vampire" he bows.

"Welcome to the city hallowed one"

"One of these days someone is going to be surprised by that. I thank you for your welcome. May I have your name? And might your welcome stretch to a quick orientation, a review of the currency system and maybe HELTER SKELTER! Where did my ship go? Oh, and is there an inn perhaps?"

The mage takes Othegre aside and tells her of the Blood of Vol, an religion which sees her kind as gods, its main temple being here in the city.

He takes her straight to the main temple where the head priest instructs others to bow in front of her.

"Behold a new immortal!"

The Clerics raise there dread weapons.

hDTTFP.png

"What is your name great one?"

"I
    Am
    OTHEGRE!
    is that a blackened hand? Who waves a hand? I mean not their own hand. You know what I mean, it's weird."
    (Vivimancer check - is there an artifact I've read about that this resembles?)
    "...and...uh...weird is good! It pleases me! Bravo! More of that kind of thing.

So....

Here we all are....

....Would anyone like to play a game of I spy?"

Othegre takes the group under her control. Her vivimancy becomes a secret within the local cell here and she remains the lord of this coven until the days when Kaius ir'Wynarn III comes to power, but those days are properly of the tale of Eberron and not our story. Until the day that tale is told, all that would live on in the world of Soetrard was her legacy, the dark haired, somewhat unhinged vampire.

End of Scene and Othegre's story

Advertisement