Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone a shoal of black skirts and wants 2 more?

• 06-02-2018 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

I've 2 and they are getting very aggressive towards each other. I've read they need a shoal of 6+ and my tank is pretty much fully stocked so if anyone has a shoal of them and want to add 2 more they are going free. I'm in Dublin 17 and can deliver if needs be.
    They are fat at the moment as they steal all the food.
    I recorded this video to show the missus the plants Pearling after a water change but it shows the little fatties so I uploaded it to show yous.

https://youtu.be/DJxcPhu18CY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

One of the tetras now has a black lumpy patch behind his eye on his scales. Does anyone know if this could just be damage from the fighting or a disease?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Still looking to get rid of the 2 black skirts? We have 2 ourselves in with guppies and tetras and they dont seem aggressive at the moment. My wife was only saying today they should be in a shoal of 10ish. We are dublin 17 too if you still need a home for them. Might build up our shoal a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi I'd love to get rid but one of them has a big black lump behind it's eye. I don't want to give them and then discover I've just passed a disease to your fish.
    They are their if you want to take them and then quarantine them if you have a separate tank. Your call.

Advertisement