Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

liamog wrote: »
    If Nissan were really smart they'd make the L60 CHAdeMO plus CCS, you'd have the best of both worlds.

If Nissan were smart they wouldn't have released the Leaf 40 without active battery temperature management. So, there's that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Even if it is out in Q3 for test drives, it will likely be 2020 before its on the road.

Maybe I'm being picky, but I've seen so many people here, Facebook and elsewhere talking about the 2019 60kWh Leaf as if it's a dead cert.

The Leaf 2.X will not be available to buy for general public in 2019....not a hope in hell....

If it was then it would already be available for demo or at least some information on it....their is nothing on it apart from a couple of articles which are not confirmed by Nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The Leaf 2.X will not be available to buy for general public in 2019....not a hope in hell....

If it was then it would already be available for demo or at least some information on it....their is nothing on it apart from a couple of articles which are not confirmed by Nissan

Have to agree. Added to this they can't meet demand for the L40 at the moment, so similar to the Ioniq, why bother with a bigger battery if you can't get enough of the exisiting ones out the door.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Orebro wrote: »
    Have to agree. Added to this they can't meet demand for the L40 at the moment, so similar to the Ioniq, why bother with a bigger battery if you can't get enough of the exisiting ones out the door.

Different battery supplier, so unless the limits the physical car production selling an L60 helps rather then hinders L40 capacity. Id still expect the 2019 Leaf to be landed in Ireland for early 2020 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    I'd say the L60 will be CCS
    I really doubt that to be honest.
    In favour of it being CCS is the changing environment where CCS is being enforced as market leader in EU, and also the fact that in Renault Nissan they are already making a 100kW CCS car in the next Zoe.

Against it are nissan's pigheadedness, and their investment in the chademo network. I think if they were going to change they would have done it for the L40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,670 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Against it are nissan's pigheadedness, and their investment in the chademo network.

The CHAdeMo chargers at the dealers? I'd say Nissan forced the dealers to pay for those, so it didn't cost them anything?

The CHAdeMo chargers at the dealers? I'd say Nissan forced the dealers to pay for those, so it didn't cost them anything?
    Were nissan not involved directly in co funding the first Irish chademo network? I seem to remember most of the chademo only posts being nissan branded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Were nissan not involved directly in co funding the first Irish chademo network? I seem to remember most of the chademo only posts being nissan branded.

I think the costs were shared as I remember seeing a TEN-T sticker on them.
    i.e. EU funding.

KCross wrote: »
    I think the costs were shared as I remember seeing a TEN-T sticker on them.
    i.e. EU funding.
    Yes there was some EU funded ones, as part of the ten-t project. But I distinctly remember nissan badging and the nissan zero emissions logo on at least some of them, I did say "co funded".

Either way I can't see Nissan ditching CCS CHADEMO. Not yet anyway after such a push on the L40, can't see them disappointing the entire ownership group of leaf40 owners rendering their purchase totally obsolete, not just with better battery management but also the fast charging standard being deprecated

Yes there was some EU funded ones, as part of the ten-t project. But I distinctly remember nissan badging and the nissan zero emissions logo on at least some of them, I did say "co funded".

Either way I can't see Nissan ditching CCSChademo. Not yet anyway after such a push on the L40, can't see them disappointing the entire ownership group of leaf40 owners rendering their purchase totally obsolete, not just with better battery management but also the fast charging standard being deprecated

Fux :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Updated their website: https://ionity.eu/

Flat-rate charge of €8 per charge.

Well, that's crap.

Means everyone will stay for the full charge, could be 1hr+ in an Ipace or Kona.

It's a free market so will be interesting to see if the market will bear that charging structure.

Although they seem to have contactless payments, so that's a positive
    https://ionity.eu/en/where-and-how.html#pricing" through their contactless cards "

That'll do nicely. :)

Well, that's crap.

Means everyone will stay for the full charge, could be 1hr+ in an Ipace or Kona.

It's a free market so will be interesting to see if the market will bear that charging structure.

It would make charger congestion a little more likely, but with 6 bays per site, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, not everyone would want to hang around for the tapering at the end of the charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Ionity wrote:
    To demonstrate just how serious we are about the freedom to drive, for the rest of 2018 all you need to know is the number 8. Whether it's in Euro, Swiss Francs, or British Pounds, each and every EV charge will be priced at a transparent set-rate of €8, or £8, or 8CHF per session. In Scandinavia the session fee will be 80 NOK / SEK / DKK. Easy and transparent – so you can get on the road today.

I'd take it from that there will be price rises in 2019.

Also because people have to pay, expect them to charge to 100% rather than 80. People will hog these chargers because its pay per use.....rather than maybe hog them because they are free. People will want their money's worth!

daheff wrote: »

Also because people have to pay, expect them to charge to 100% rather than 80. People will hog these chargers because its pay per use.....rather than maybe hog them because they are free. People will want their money's worth!
    +1
    But thankfully there's no leafs allowed! And most CCS cars don't sit for ages at 99%.
    The ioniq for instance stops at 94.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

€8 is fine. People will only use it if the free chargers are in use, and with 6 CCS bays per site I don't see any log jams for the foreseeable future.

When they do get too busy, just increase the rate a little or break it into half hour slots.

daheff wrote: »

I can only speak for myself, but my time is precious. I won't sit at a remote charger for ages just to wring out that last kWh. Things to see, people to do. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

€8 is reasonable considering the power involved but they should have put a time limit on it.

I suppose they want it simple for now and then they will revisit it when they see queuing being an issue.

To arrive at a well maintained site with no queuing I'd happily pay €8, or alot more! This can't come quick enough to Ireland tbh. Once this site in Cashel is up and running I'll be shopping for a CCS car for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭patsryan

Meath planning application at Circle K City North, Gormanstown has been lodged.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/AA180979/0

To arrive at a well maintained site with no queuing I'd happily pay €8, or alot more! This can't come quick enough to Ireland tbh. Once this site in Cashel is up and running I'll be shopping for a CCS car for sure.
    Wana buy my Ioniq :pac::D

Yeah the €8 is not the issue at all, it's the €8 per session that's the problem. Now if sessions are limited to say 45 minutes and there's 6 stalls then it's not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭patsryan

Application lodged for J14 M7 also.

http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171#

Wana buy my Ioniq :pac::D

Might be sending you a PM this time next year :D

Might be sending you a PM this time next year :D

Have the qualified Hyundai can use them?

eGolf is better bet :P VW paid to install them

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have the qualified Hyundai can use them?

eGolf is better bet :P VW paid to install them
    It says on the website all CCS cars can use them.
    You can't restrict to "some" manufacturers. Either it's for all or for one. (like tesla)

It says on the website all CCS cars can use them.
    You can't restrict to "some" manufacturers. Either it's for all or for one. (like tesla)

hahaha....only joking....potentially had a buyer for the eGolf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

With no Leafs, it will be fine for years.

Now how about something on the M9.

It's a bit like the health service. You can have a Leaf or a Zoe and go public or you can go Private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd like to think that people wouldn't hang around unnecessarily just to get their money's worth from an €8 connection charge, but one thing I've learned as an EV owner is to never underestimate the stinginess of other EV owners...

• Advertisement

It's just 8 euro for the rest of the year, who knows what they'll implement next year? Also, they're not going to let it go on if it's causing queues and losing them cash as a result. Added to this, with 6 stalls per location we're a loooooong way off this becoming a problem in Ireland.

Nothing to worry about anyway, this is a private profit making enterprise, and will be run as such.

Also, any chance Leo and his buddies could include these as critical infrastructure like he's doing with (useless, low job yield, national grid leeches) data centres, and fast track their planning?

Advertisement