Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android box won't connect to router

Options
  • 07-02-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭

Hi,I hope someone can help me i recently bought a android box but my eir router wont let me connect to this device,it just says disdisabled when I check the status all my other android devices work fine.any help would be great 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

brookville wrote: »
    Hi,I hope someone can help me i recently bought a android box but my eir router wont let me connect to this device,it just says disdisabled when I check the status all my other android devices work fine.any help would be great 

How far is the box from the router? Any chance you could run a cable to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

How far is the box from the router? Any chance you could run a cable to it?
    Yeah I have the yellow cable from the router going to the Android device but it' still saying disabled but it' connected to the internet as all other devices are working

Yeah I have the yellow cable from the router going to the Android device but it' still saying disabled but it' connected to the internet as all other devices are working

What does it say when you go into the network settings, Espically when you go into the wired section?

password is saved but it says disabled. I've tried forgetting and retrying it and also changed to static but none of these worked.its like my router isnt accepting the device 

What does it say when you go into the network settings, Espically when  you go into the wired section?

password is saved but it says disabled. I've tried forgetting and retrying it and also changed to static but none of these worked.its like my router isnt accepting the device 

Can you turn on a mobile hot spot and put it beside the box and see if that connects and works.
    Am I right that when you connect the router with a cable to the box that also does not work?
    Are you sure you are in the wired section of the box settings? Can you upload a pic please.

I had a problem last week where my android box would see the network but wouldnt connect and I had to move the router to the same room for it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi brookville 

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 to query what the issue is.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Where exactly are you seeing it say "disabled" and what is it saying is disabled? On the box itself or in the router status webpage?

Can you turn on a mobile hot spot and put it beside the box and see if that connects and works.
    Am I right that when  you connect the router with  a cable to the box that also does not work?
    Are you sure you are in the wired section  of the box settings? Can you upload a pic please.

I had a problem last week where my android box would see the network but wouldnt connect and I had to move the router to the same room for it to work.
     I used hot spot off my phone and the  box worked fine.I'm not at home at the moment but I have the router and the box very close to each other in the same room 

TheChizler wrote: »
    Where exactly are you seeing it say "disabled" and what is it saying is disabled? On the box itself or in the router status webpage?
    When I go to network settings it says disabled.it won' let me connect to the router I'll  put up a picture when I'm home

When I go to network settings it says disabled.it won' let me connect to the router I'll  put up a picture when I'm home
    Hi brookville 

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 to query what the issue is.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi brookville 

Thanks 

Thomas
    Contacted eir this evening and they adjusted bandwidth or something and they said it should be rectified in the next 24hrs.Hopefully this works

Hi brookville 

Thanks 

Thomas
    Contacted eir this evening and they adjusted bandwidth or something and they said it should be rectified in the next 24hrs.Hopefully this works
    Has your issue been resolved?

Thanks

Thomas

Hi brookville 

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Yes I contacted eir and they renamed my wifi name and gave me new password and it worked perfectly.thanks for all yer help.

Hi brookville 

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Yes I contacted eir and they renamed my wifi name and gave me new password and it worked perfectly.thanks for all yer help.
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement