Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second time buyers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I’ve a general question about 2nd time buying. Will a bank allow you to use profits from sale of 1st house to fund deposit on 2nd house? I know if you sell in advance they will, but if you are timing the 2 transactions together will the bank give leeway to use funds from for sale? Or does the full 20% deposit need to be saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I’ve a general question about 2nd time buying. Will a bank allow you to use profits from sale of 1st house to fund deposit on 2nd house? I know if you sell in advance they will, but if you are timing the 2 transactions together will the bank give leeway to use funds from for sale? Or does the full 20% deposit need to be saved?

They will let you use the equity.. They will ask what your expected sale price is and work from that.

The actual selling/buying process is a little muddled tbh. We really had 2 mortgages for about a week, new one was drawn down while we still owned the first house (your solicitor signs documents with the bank to say they will ensure the money from the sale of the first house will be used to clear the mortgage) the selling/buying took place on one day and the money from the sale paid of the first mortgage and covered part of the new purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

mloc123 wrote: »
    They will let you use the equity.. They will ask what your expected sale price is and work from that.

The actual selling/buying process is a little muddled tbh. We really had 2 mortgages for about a week, new one was drawn down while we still owned the first house (your solicitor signs documents with the bank to say they will ensure the money from the sale of the first house will be used to clear the mortgage) the selling/buying took place on one day and the money from the sale paid of the first mortgage and covered part of the new purchase.
    Ya I'd imagine the process could be a bit complicated when 2 sales involved, that's to be expected. That's good on the equity. Saving a full 20% would be a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,075 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dealt with in this thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835533

Advertisement