Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

45 Hole Membership at Corrstown?

Options
  • 07-02-2018 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Recently joined Corrstown and just got some great news!

"Dublin’s First 45 Hole Golf Membership

Two enterprising Golf Clubs based in North Dublin have come together to create a new innovative golfing experience for their Members.
    Forrest Little Golf Club and Corrstown Golf Club have forged a relationship which they believe is the first of its kind between two Member Owned Golf Clubs in the Dublin region.

This new arrangement allows Club Members to play and enjoy the benefits of Golf Club Membership at the other Club free of charge, even including select competition play.

The primary objective is to reward loyal Members of both Clubs by providing added value to their Membership fees.
    Oliver Boyce, Chairman at Corrstown GC, said: “We have been thinking of this concept for a while as part of our strategy to both reward and retain loyal Members by giving them greater value for money.

The city club connection to a country club type of Membership has been done already, we were keen to offer something completely different to our Members.
    “It had to be a top golf course that we linked with, it was fantastic to find a like-minded management team at Forrest Little who embraced the idea”.
    “I am sure our Members will be delighted and we will be more attractive to golfers considering where to play their golf. It’s the first step in a number of initiatives that we are undertaking to add value to our Membership proposition”.
    Peter Reilly, Chairman of Forrest Little GC, said: “We share the same core values as Corrstown and a key focus for us is adding value to our Membership”.
    “The similarity in club profile between our two clubs, and the different course challenges make this partnership not only workable, but also hugely beneficial to our plans for future growth”.
    “Offering our Members the opportunity to play a different course, so close by, at no extra charge compliments our growth strategy by further improving our Membership offer”.
    “We see it as a win/win for both clubs, but most importantly a reward for our loyal Members.”
    The arrangement is for a trial period of one year initially and is free to existing Members.
    The first 20 new Members joining either club from today can avail of a special introductory rate by quoting: #45.

For further details contact:
    Sean Dunne, Secretary Manager, Forrest Little on 01-8401763, sean@forrestlittle.ie / margaret@forrestlittle.ie or visit www.forrstlittle.ie/membership
    Daragh Browne, Sales & Marketing Executive, Corrstown Golf Club on 01-8640533, sales@corrstowngolfclub.com or visit www.corrstowngolfclub.com/membership

Nice way to start the new season :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

I really don’t get this , sounds like the start of an amalgamation between both clubs , with forest little losing ground to Dublin airport I can only see this arrangement going one way....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I really don’t get this , sounds like the start of an amalgamation between both clubs , with forest little losing ground to Dublin airport I can only see this arrangement going one way....

Was my first thought as well, good benefit to members of both clubs, but would u not join the cheaper of the 2?
    Also a danger that u decide that you like the other club better and jump ship for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

This is great. Fair play to them. Certainly can't see it being anything other than worth a try.

My guess is the detail of the arrangement will mean it's not equal access to both courses/memberships, but that you are a member of one with privileges at the other.

For example, "select competition play" suggests that guys who join FL availing of the 45 Hole deal will be able to play some competitions in Corrstown, but possibly not Captain's Prize, Medals etc. The same would go for interclub teams.

That's sensible enough. It just means you have access to practice facilities, casual play and some comps in the "other" course, but you're not a full member of both. Just my assumption. It also doesn't say if every member of the clubs gets the 45 hole privilege, or if it's a separate membership (ie: costs more).

Good luck to them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnk16

FYI - 45 Hole Membership Applies to all new and existing members :) They're to send us full details of how to book etc in the next few days!

Johnk16 wrote: »
    FYI - 45 Hole Membership Applies to all new and existing members :) They're to send us full details of how to book etc in the next few days!

That's really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

Personally, I would love to see this becoming the norm where possible. I joined a club a few years ago and left after a year due to being thoroughly bored with playing the same 18 holes over and over again.

How much Golf does it allow you in the other Club? There are bound to be stipulations around it?

Will be interesting to see how each Club do out of it in terms of breakdown of new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Skyfloater wrote: »
    Personally, I would love to see this becoming the norm where possible. I joined a club a few years ago and left after a year due to being thoroughly bored with playing the same 18 holes over and over again.

The norm as in what? 2 clubs joining?
    GUI membership provides a level of this already by allowing you to partake in open comps at reduced green fees.

The norm as in what? 2 clubs joining?
    GUI membership provides a level of this already by allowing you to partake in open comps at reduced green fees.

Not comparable at all. Green fees are the same whether you’re a GUI member or not. It’s a long time since open competitions were heavily discounted. Even if you’re a non GUI member and want to play in an Open comp day at that price, how many clubs really check for GUI cards? Or would turn you away if you didn’t have one?

I’m heavily in favor of GUI membership. But reduced green fees or access to other courses are not genuine benefits of it.

This offer is completely different. All members of both clubs, for the cost of their existing annual sub, get access to the other course with no pay as you go element. It’s really innovative.

Not comparable at all. Green fees are the same whether you’re a GUI member or not. It’s a long time since open competitions were heavily discounted. Even if you’re a non GUI member and want to play in an Open comp day at that price, how many clubs really check for GUI cards? Or would turn you away if you didn’t have one?

I’m heavily in favor of GUI membership. But reduced green fees or access to other courses are not genuine benefits of it.
    Fair enough point. It has changed now as nobody will refuse money coming in. But that used to be the intention.
    This offer is completely different. All members of both clubs, for the cost of their existing annual sub, get access to the other course with no pay as you go element. It’s really innovative.
    Aren't reciprocal agreements between clubs the same thing and they've been around for ages?

• Advertisement

Aren't reciprocal agreements between clubs the same thing and they've been around for ages?

I don’t have an encyclopedic knowledge of Irish golf clubs, but my sense is that reciprocal agreements are rare, and are not comparable to this.

If you’re referring to the likes of Fota and Carton House reciprocal agreements, sure they are miles apart so very little use to either set of members. Plus, they aren’t totally free. There’s a charge of around 20 quid. Good value, but a charge all the same.

Other neighbors like Elm Park and Milltown do swap days once or twice a year.

In neither case above do you get entry into that club’s competition.

I don’t know any reciprocal arrangement where there’s genuine access at no extra cost to another local club.

This looks really innovative to me.

If you think it’s nothing new, give us examples.

Well, Elm Green has reciprocal playing rights with Corballis Links Golf Club. It's not membership but similar enough. As a former member of Corballis, this was available to me but I never used it even though it was realtively close.

Any of the "Royal" golf clubs have reciprocal playing rights too.

Fair play to them for trying something and I'm not being critical of them at all. Just poking a bit at what the innovation and value is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

So if you're a member of say Royal Curragh, you can play Royal Dublin free of charge?

Not sure. A member of Royal Dublin told me about it years ago. Before the Curragh got its Royal charter. Be worth investigation if you're a member.

See for example http://www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk/membership/reciprocal-agreements.html

Well, Elm Green has reciprocal playing rights with Corballis Links Golf Club. It's not membership but similar enough. As a former member of Corballis, this was available to me but I never used it even though it was realtively close.

Fair play to them for trying something and I'm not being critical of them at all. Just poking a bit at what the innovation and value is.

Didn’t know that about Elm Green and Corballis. Excellent for the EG members in the winter.

Yeah, the Royals is a thing alright. Not sure about Tara and Curragh though :p but they are technically part of the same group!

I’m surprised more places like Slieve Russel, Druids, Powerscourt, Palmerstown, Bunclody, PM Links, Mount Juliet and their like don’t do it more. The members traveling to and fro for good would generate a decent amount of hotel room and food/drink revenue which they wouldn’t get from their home members.

I also know of one (expensive) Dublin club that had a reciprocal deal with a rural club, but had to cancel it when a few canny Dublin residents joined the rural club for peanuts only to use the Dublin club as their main course.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

ah lots of clubs have various types of twining arrangements that give, that word again "various" types of access to each others course, i would presume that both committees teased out the potential for members rejoining the following year not at their home club but their partner club. Would members of one after playing on the other a good few times decide, sod this i like the other place so i am joining there next year. Both courses are really good, i prefer Forest little but i would say that i would be in the minority. Great idea we are thinking of doing it with the European but are worried about not being able to handle the traffic, not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Nice article by Kevin Markham on these clubs new arrangement.

It must be one of the best 5 Day Plus Membership Package around not to mention the great deal for under 30’s. The 5 Day Plus at Corrstown means you get access at the weekend on the spare 9.

http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/2018/02/dublins-first-45-hole-golf-membership.html#more

Anyone wanting any details on it just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Didn’t know that about Elm Green and Corballis. Excellent for the EG members in the winter.

Yeah, the Royals is a thing alright. Not sure about Tara and Curragh though :p but they are technically part of the same group!

I’m surprised more places like Slieve Russel, Druids, Powerscourt, Palmerstown, Bunclody, PM Links, Mount Juliet and their like don’t do it more. The members traveling to and fro for good would generate a decent amount of hotel room and food/drink revenue which they wouldn’t get from their home members.

I also know of one (expensive) Dublin club that had a reciprocal deal with a rural club, but had to cancel it when a few canny Dublin residents joined the rural club for peanuts only to use the Dublin club as their main course.

Druids Glen Have a Recipricol deal with Powerscourt, Mount Juilet, Lough Erne, Mount Wisely and Carton House.
    Been in place for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Nice article by Kevin Markham on these clubs new arrangement.

It must be one of the best 5 Day Plus Membership Package around not to mention the great deal for under 30’s. The 5 Day Plus at Corrstown means you get access at the weekend on the spare 9.

http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/2018/02/dublins-first-45-hole-golf-membership.html#more

Anyone wanting any details on it just let me know.

How much for full membership of Correstown

Gerry1995 wrote: »
    How much for full membership of Correstown

Depends on age and they then pro rate the price for new members for current year.

Renewal rate is then 1369 for 2018 for full.

Give Daragh a ring in the office or drop him a email and he will give you the full details.

• Advertisement

Corrstown Golf Club and Forrest Little have extend this partnership for 2019. Excellent work by both clubs.

Anyone looking to join, let me know and I’ll get prices for you. I’m a member of Corrstown and they are spending nearly 200k on improving the course next year, so it’s all good news for both clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

This isnt a real 45 hole agreement. MOst people here work and a 5 day membership would mean very little to them

More clubs should this though

gypsy79 wrote: »
    This isnt a real 45 hole agreement. MOst people here work and a 5 day membership would mean very little to them

More clubs should this though

It would be impossible for any decent golf club in the Dublin area to give up their timesheet at the weekend, but both clubs in this relationship have swap days during the summer so on certain weekends you will get access. Plus, what’s wrong with evenings during the week?

At 19, your getting all this for €450

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

Roganstown has had this with Swords golf course for a while. Granted the two are run out of the same clubhouse. I was a member at Roganstown and felt it work very well. You could play 9 during the summer on the other course for some variety, but the tee sheet for the weekend comps was still open enough to get a slot.

Would love to see more courses with this arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Ollieboy wrote: »
    It would be impossible for any decent golf club in the Dublin area to give up their timesheet at the weekend, but both clubs in this relationship have swap days during the summer so on certain weekends you will get access. Plus, what’s wrong with evenings during the week?

At 19, your getting all this for €450

Little bit disingenuous telling us the heavily discounted price of a junior. The real price is well over 1k in both cases. Seeling too hard imo

In reality it should be two way traffic and neither timesheet should be affected

Elm Green and Corballis have very little traffic going other btw
    -

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Little bit disingenuous telling us the heavily discounted price of a junior. The real price is well over 1k in both cases. Seeling too hard imo

In reality it should be two way traffic and neither timesheet should be affected

Elm Green and Corballis have very little traffic going other btw
    -

I quote that figure because it was your age group so I don’t know how that is been disingenuous, but I would call it helpful. But if you want to keep talking down Corrstown and Forrest Little that’s fine seen your a member of a neigbouring club if I remember correctly.

Both clubs did look at the option of having 45 at the weekend but it’s not possible due to having different computer systems.

Advertisement