Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act Three Scene IV - The pyramid

• 07-02-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Ipiz leads the group up a slope. He releases the spell and yet there is no sand.

"It's calm in the eye of the storm my friends" he runs ahead to the top of the mesa and gestures.

"Behold my friends, we are here, the pyramid of Zha'satep."

uII3QA.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard makes a suggestion to the group, "How about we smoke them out. We build a big fire in the entrance, and load it with smoky materials and insure all the smoke goes into the pyramid.
    Then we just wait until the cult either is forced to come out to breathe fresh air, or at the least, come out to investigate where the smoke is coming from."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs looks at Ekbard.

'Where be ye sense of adventure? There be dangers ahead regardless laddie. Yer brief old age has changed ye.'

He scans the area ahead and to the sides of him.

OOC:
    Spells Loaded:
    Level 1:
    Sanctuary
    Command
    Detect Evil
    Detect Magic
    Cure Light Wounds

Level 2:
    Augury
    Find Traps
    Hold Person
    Resist Fire

Level 3:
    Continual Light
    Cure Disease
    Dispel Magic
    Glyph of Warding

Level 4:
    Protection from Evil 10’
    Cure Serious Wounds x2

Level 5:
    True Seeing
    Dispel from Evil

Level 6:
    Blade Barrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Goodie's spaceship arrives overhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Goodie's spaceship arrives overhead.

i search for any weapins or stuff in the ship

Necrominus wrote: »
    He scans the area ahead and to the sides of him.
    The expanse of desert containing the pyramid seems devoid of any activity save for a roaming tribe of Ogres in the distance and two blue dragons sleeping about a mile North of the pyramid.

At the pyramid entrance are four snakes about 100 feet in length.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    i search for any weapins or stuff in the ship
    Goodie's detailed knowledge of the ship gives him access to the armoury on the hidden lower deck. Still there is a very high quality suit of armour. Golden in colour, but light. Flexible but with some sort of blue energy over it to absorb damage.

Goodie's detailed knowledge of the ship gives him access to the armoury on the hidden lower deck. Still there is a very high quality suit of armour. Golden in colour, but light. Flexible but with some sort of blue energy over it to absorb damage.

I put on the armour

ook nwhat the story i'm a hafling again but i'm the same strength or what?

ok i scan the blue dragons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"There's a tube in the sky.

Sirs?

Sirs!

HEY YOU TWO! There's a ****ing tube in the sky!"

Kuma shakes her head. She's going to be dead soon.

The expanse of desert containing the pyramid seems devoid of any activity save for a roaming tribe of Ogres in the distance and two blue dragons sleeping about a mile North of the pyramid.

At the pyramid entrance are four snakes about 100 feet in length.

Bandylegs gestures in the direction of the dragons.

'I'm goin' to talk to these laddies, see if they can give us a low down on the area.'

He takes off towards the dragons.

• Advertisement

I put on the armour

ook nwhat the story i'm a hafling again but i'm the same strength or what?
    OOC: That was just in Eberron. You're back to being tall and fast now.

ok i scan the blue dragons
    The ship reports their basic physiology and conjectures they are in good health. Its databanks have little info on the species.

OOC: Armour is -2 AC.

OOC: That was just in Eberron. You're back to being tall and fast now.
    ook
    oh good

i fly the sip over The group and loud hail
    here have this armour Ekky or give it to whoever needs it
    i then dropo the armour the umbilical door and go over to talk to the dragons

Bandylegs gestures in the direction of the dragons.

'I'm goin' to talk to these laddies, see if they can give us a low down on the area.'

He takes off towards the dragons.

She looks up. She looks after the Dwarf. She thumbs her sword an inch out of it's scabbard, looks at her reflection and mutters "I have no parents, I make the heaven and earth my parents. I have no home, I make Dantien my home. I have no divine power, I... Statue face has divine power. I have no common sense, I'm going to follow the statue faced dwarf to talk to two giant dragons."
    She jogs to catch up, cursing the silent skies and the floating tubes they harbour.

THE DRAGOND

Goodie flys ovef to the dragons

loudspeaers onn
    hey dragons whats the craic?

also icast know intent and use my skill point to see what i think

Banjo wrote: »
    "There's a tube in the sky.

Sirs?

Sirs!

HEY YOU TWO! There's a ****ing tube in the sky!"

Kuma shakes her head. She's going to be dead soon.

"That is Goodie, the ling."
    "I see you have accompanied us to the pyramid, If you are to stay in our company, you are going to need some good armour, see if this fits you", Ekbard hands the samurai the armour goodie sent down from the ship ( the elfen armour ).

sKeith wrote: »
    "I see you have accompanied us to the pyramid, If you are to stay in our company, you are going to need some good armour, see if this fits you", Ekbard hands the samurai the armour from the ship.
    ook
    the elfen armour ac3 not the ship armour ac -2

sKeith wrote: »
    "I see you have accompanied us to the pyramid, If you are to stay in our company, you are going to need some good armour, see if this fits you", Ekbard hands the samurai the armour from the ship.

"I have no armour sir, I make Benevolence my armour" she quotes. Ekbard does not look impressed or reverent. "The teachings? You're a mighty Nerosian warrior, I've seen you fight - you are testing me, yes?"

She nods eagerly, awaiting approval.

"I have no armour sir, I make Benevolence my armour" she quotes. Ekbard does not look impressed or reverent. "The teachings? You're a mighty Nerosian warrior, I've seen you fight - you are testing me, yes?"

She nods eagerly, awaiting approval.

"What?" Ekbard turns away and walks towards the snakes.

• Advertisement

Seeing the ship overtake him and head for the dragons, Bandylegs turns and catches up with Ekbard as he heads toward the snakes.

'If the samurai will not take the armour, perhaps Mud or Barikhek would benefit from it?'

ook
    you said that it would be some time till everyone was ressurected etc. so ive lept and communed with my ncstos etc i assume?

She stares after him, dumbstruck.
    This is not how this goes. She finds a master, she impresses the master, she learns from the master, she becomes the master, she... well there'll be time for that.

What kind of honourless dogs is she running with?

She tries the armour on. Despite her diminutive frame, it's a reasonable fit if incredibly garish. She leaves her scale on the ground, keeping her Hachikyusan overshirt and again, jogs to catch up. Always the jogging.

ook
    you said that it would be some time till everyone was ressurected etc. so ive lept and communed with my ncstos etc i assume?

OOC: 2 weeks later - read the other thread apart from your posts :pac::pac:

She stares after him, dumbstruck.
    This is not how this goes. She finds a master, she impresses the master, she learns from the master, she becomes the master, she... well there'll be time for that.

What kind of honourless dogs is she running with?

She tries the armour on. Despite her diminutive frame, it's a reasonable fit if incredibly garish. She leaves her scale on the ground and again, jogs to catch up. Always the jogging.

ook are you flooowing the dwarf or the fighter?

OOC : The Dwarf originally, then I got handed armour by Ekbard. Right now, I'm just jogging. Fitbit approves. Think they're both headed for the snakes, so it's immaterial.

OOC : The Dwarf originally, then I got handed armour by Ekbard. Right now, I'm just jogging. Fitbit approves. Think they're both headed for the snakes, so it's immaterial.

ook
    the dwarf said he was headed for thr blue dragons?

OOC: You beat the dwarf to it with dragons, so he's going to have some fried snake for lunch

Dragons:
    The dragons look up at the ship.

"Eh.....Greetings" one of them says with a quizzical look.

Goodie magically peers into their minds. Overall they seem good and content. A bit hungry, but more for scorpions than people.

• Advertisement

Snakes:

The snakes unfurl as the group approaches.

"Looking to enter the pyramid. Braver than most."

They are in a defensive stance, raising their large rattling tails, but not going for the attack. Their leather is known to be worth a lot of money.

Bandylegs steps forward.

'I have no quarrel with ye lads. Slither aside and let us enter and the Nerosian will not skin yer fer fun.'

Snakes:

The snakes unfurl as the group approaches.

"Looking to enter the pyramid. Braver than most."

"No, I came to talk to you. Do you know where I can find a well or a river around here?"

The snakes seem surprised.

"Well of course there is an aqueduct that supplies the pyramid. We can carry you there, it is a bit up the Southern face where the water enters that it will be of the best quality."

They move aside for BandyLegs.

"Well of course there is an aqueduct that supplies the pyramid. We can carry you there, it is a bit up the Southern face where the water enters that it will be of the best quality."

'Thankee serpents. There be two blue dragons o'er yonder. Do ye know 'em?'

Dragons:
    The dragons look up at the ship.

"Eh.....Greetings" one of them says with a quizzical look.

Goodie magically peers into their minds. Overall they seem good and content. A bit hungry, but more for scorpions than people.

hey what can you tell me about that pyramid

• Advertisement

Ekbard answers all excited. "Oh yes, I've always wanted to ride on a snake",
    Ekbard leaps on the snake and says "Giddy up, to the aqueducts"

The snakes ride up the side of the pyramid.

"Bit presumptuous riding us isn't it?" asks one snake.

Another snake turns growling.

"Be pleased for once will you, better than being skinned alive Bill."

They arrive at the aqueduct. Clear fresh water and a side entrance to the pyramid.

Bandylegs turns to the snakes again.

'So. About the dragons. Are ye friends? Just wonderin' if I should tell ye what they were sayin' about Bill there...'

Dragons:
    hey what can you tell me about that pyramid
    "Don't try buddy. It's been here like several thousand years, since my grandfather's day. We've seen hundreds of you lot come and go. The big fella within always kills you off. Even the tough ones that make it to him. Go back North and live out your days in peace."

Snakes:
    Bandylegs turns to the snakes again.

'So. About the dragons. Are ye friends? Just wonderin' if I should tell ye what they were sayin' about Bill there...'
    "We're not in a predator-prey deal, so a cordial relationship. Bit high and mighty though"

• Advertisement

Dragons:

"Don't try buddy. It's been here like several thousand years, since my grandfather's day. We've seen hundreds of you lot come and go. The big within always kills you off. Even the tough ones that make it to him. Go back North and live out your days in peace."

WHAT BIG THING

"who is he talking to?"

WHAT BIG THING
    OOC: Edited, they said "big fella"

Snakes:

"We're not in a predator-prey deal, so a cordial relationship. Bit high and mighty though"

Bandylegs frowns.

'Aye. They were sayin' that alright. That ye snakes were the worst kind o'reptile. Slitherin' on yer bellies and eatin' rats. Very embarrasin' fer 'em.

And what they be sayin' about Bill there... that he doesn't even eat rats but has... carnal relations with 'em.. I dinnae. Said I'd tell ye what they said anyways.'

The snakes ride up the side of the pyramid.

"Bit presumptuous riding us isn't it?" asks one snake.

Another snake turns growling.

"Be pleased for once will you, better than being skinned alive Bill."

They arrive at the aqueduct. Clear fresh water and a side entrance to the pyramid.

"Thank you very much." Ekbard drinks straight from the aqueduct. "Yes, as promised, best quality I've had in some time."

Wait, which one of them is Bill? The nerosian? Although, after a few drinks the soldiers she'd known were a little free with their hands , I suppose rat ****ing isn't so unbelievable but such a dishonourable act.....

Wait, which one of them is Bill? The nerosian? Although, after a few drinks the soldiers she'd known were a little free with their hands , I suppose rat ****ing isn't so unbelievable but such a dishonourable act.....

Bandylegs smiles at his new companion.

'The biggest snake is Bill. We can commune with 'em directly as a result of somethin' that happened afore you met us. Yer see....'

Bandylegs begins to run through the entire tale from Soetrard up to meeting the samurai.

Bandylegs smiles at his new companion.

'The biggest snake is Bill. We can commune with 'em directly as a result of somethin' that happened afore you met us. Yer see....'

Bandylegs begins to run through the entire tale from Soetrard up to meeting the samurai.

ook i bet he leaves out loads

OOC: Edited, they said "big fella"

what big fella dragons?

OOC: Not this time. Ekbard is standing right there and could dice him into pieces. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement