Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene IV - The pyramid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Something blocks the scrying, giving Goodie a tremendous headache and a nose bleed.

"ONE WARNING MASTER" says a calm voice, in fact in a non-threatening tone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    A giant flash blasts in front of BandyLegs and Ekbard.

A red dragon slightly bigger than a horse lands in front of the pair.

Bandylegs turns around from inspecting the pyramid entrance to see the dragon.

'Sweet mother o'Dumathoin! What the hell be goin' on?

Be ye friend or foe? Speak!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Something blocks the scrying, giving Goodie a tremendous headache and a nose bleed.

"ONE WARNING MASTER" says a calm voice, in fact in a non-threatening tone.

is that the presence i met before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

A giant flash blasts in front of BandyLegs and Ekbard.

A red dragon slightly bigger than a horse lands in front of the pair.

"Hello there dragon, come here for a drink i suppose, let me move out of your way so you can get easy access to the water, important to keep hydrated in the desert.

What do folk around hear call you? Are you pals with Bill?"

Bandylegs sees Ekbard conversing with the dragon, shrugs and tries to enter the pyramid through the side entrance.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    is that the presence i met before?
    Goodie recognises the mental presence from the Shire scyring he did a few weeks ago.

Pyramid:
    BandyLegs enters into a library filled with shelves holding scrolls. Probably over a thousand scrolls in total.

BandyLegs can hear odd wails from the rest of the pyramid.

Two tents with beans on a gentle boil lie in the center of the room in a clearing among the shelves.

To the south is a set of stairs.

Bandylegs inches forward and gently opens one of the flaps on one of the tents.

Ekbard follows bandylegs.

Pyramid:
    BandyLegs enters into a library filled with shelves holding scrolls. Probably over a thousand scrolls in total.

BandyLegs can hear odd wails from the rest of the pyramid.

Two tents with beans on a gentle boil lie in the center of the room in a clearing among the shelves.

To the south is a set of stairs.

Ekbard shoots the shelves and scrolls with the laser gun.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs inches forward and gently opens one of the flaps on one of the tents.
    There is some food cooking. Good quality stuff, meat, beans and eggs.

Some lower quality swords and bows lie here. Well good quality, but not to the party's standards. At least one Cleric is among the group that used these tents.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard shoots the shelves and scrolls with the laser gun.
    They are quickly reduced to ash.

Bandylegs walks over to Ekbard.

'Not a fan o'literature laddie? Well... ye might be more interested in this.'

Bandylegs takes out the geasa scroll and has his axe explain the power of it to Ekbard. Then he hands it to him.

'Mind it. Use it in times o'real peril my friend. I have an ill feeling that I shall ne'er return from here.'

Bandylegs heads to the stairs.

Bandylegs walks over to Ekbard.

'Not a fan o'literature laddie? Well... ye might be more interested in this.'

Bandylegs takes out the geasa scroll and has his axe explain the power of it to Ekbard. Then he hands it to him.

'Mind it. Use it in times o'real peril my friend. I have an ill feeling that I shall ne'er return from here.'

Bandylegs heads to the stairs.

"I was hoping to start a big fire, the likes that would cause the place to fill up with smokes, and cause everyone within to have to go out to get fresh air..... Didn't I already share that plan with you?"

Bandylegs shakes his head.

'I dinnae think that will work laddie. Go back if you wish, I must push on.'

"Hey axe, does the target of the geasa have to be in front of me? Can I geasa a whole race? Can I geasa vergerdain?"

"I'll follow you, i'm having a conversation with your axe, carry on"

"Hey axe, does the target of the geasa have to be in front of me? Can I geasa a whole race? Can I geasa vergerdain?"
    "Depends on the population of the race I guess, I doubt dwarves as a whole could be affected.

And a god? No way!"

BandyLegs descends the stairs. To a room with several skeletal corpses on the ground reaching out, almost pleading. None are reanimated, but almost seem so from the poses. Death must have happened instantly.

The clothing on some looks martial.

Ekbard recognises some as wearing ancient Nerosian garb.

Bandylegs casts Detect Magic on the area with the corpses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kyokuma is following on autopilot

Bandylegs casts Detect Magic on the area with the corpses.
    Lingering traces of some powerful energy spell, but nothing currently active.

"Depends on the population of the race I guess, I doubt dwarves as a whole could be affected.

And a god? No way!"

"I was thinking more about a tale that a grumpy nerosian man told me a while ago. There is this race of people, lead by a guy called Kuldur. The gibberish that that entity in the building back there is lining up with grumpy mans stories. So if I could somehow put a simple geasa on that race, not to set foot on nerosian soil, would that sort of thing work?"

"I was thinking more about a tale that a grumpy nerosian man told me a while ago. There is this race of people, lead by a guy called Kuldur. The gibberish that that entity in the building back there is lining up with grumpy mans stories. So if I could somehow put a simple geasa on that race, not to set foot on nerosian soil, would that sort of thing work?"
    "Possible, that race might only have a small presence here."

Bandylegs turns to Ekbard.

'Ye have a penchant fer turnin' things ter dust, care to do the honours with the skeletons?'

"Oh, and axe, these entities are dead, and from a hell plane, but they are not demon or devil. That one has puzzled the bejazus out of Menace."

Bandylegs turns to Ekbard.

'Ye have a penchant fer turnin' things ter dust, care to do the honours with the skeletons?'

"whats the point in that?", "I' told you, i wanted a big fire, but it didn't work."

'I dinnae trust that they will stay dead.'

Bandylegs looks around the rest of the room for any exits.

Ekbard goes over to one of the skeletons and removes a rib bone and puts in in his backpack.

"There, advance notice, I'll know straight away and tell you if the bone starts moving on its own, okay."

• Advertisement

"Oh, and axe, these entities are dead, and from a hell plane, but they are not demon or devil. That one has puzzled the bejazus out of Menace."
    "I'm no scholar of the afterlife, but....

...most likely they simply died and their souls passed to a Hell plane, hence they present as being from one."

Advertisement