Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act Three Scene IV - The pyramid

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ship
    sh where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Ekbard will get final word. If Goodie makes a quip, he sharts himself! :pac:

Menace turns and looks at Ekbard.

"Ekbard?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"yes menace?"

"You okay?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Theres alot of gold left lying around back there, we may as well approiprate some of it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

SHIP
    I need youbhlonwithbthis gold

Tigger wrote: »
    SHIP
    I need youbhlonwithbthis gold
    OOC: I will deal with gold clean up in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Banjo wrote: »
    (chaotic)
    And what of you? I don't want to put ideas in their heads, they're very quick to blow things up. But do you have any wish to remain here or do you wish us to end you tale too?

Actually, you know what, I'm just going to go because I'm pretty sure they've just ****ed off in their flying tubes and devil dragunicorns and I only have a few days provisions left. It was nice to have met you.

Say - that thing you did with the arrow - where did you send it?

Banjo wrote: »
    Say - that thing you did with the arrow - where did you send it?
    "Oh....away, but....defused at least"

Eberron:
    Othegre feels an arrow stick in her rear.

Looks like a Goodie.

She tosses it out the window.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "Theres alot of gold left lying around back there, we may as well approiprate some of it"
    "Ha, I suppose so."

She follows after him.

Ash wanders out of the central chamber to take a look at the night sky.

"A cleric huh? Well I'll try. Goodbye Master."

End Of Scene

And thus passes BandyLegs. Now if you'll excuse me this GM has something in his eye.

Fourier wrote: »

Eberron:

Looks like a Goodie.

She tosses it out the window.

That was unnecessary.

Fourier wrote: »

Eberron:

Looks like a Goodie.

She tosses it out the window. is not an idiot and recognises the significance of this. She keeps the arrow, and later brings it to her lab.

OOC : You should have let her lie. She was happy, even if I wasn't.

Eberron:

Othegre emerges from her shadow, 2d6 hours later, her work complete. Approaching a piece of rotting meat hung by an open window, she whispers to the flies that swarm there. As one, they take off, arrowing into the night. She had been hasty in refusing the Covenant's first invitation, but perhaps now they both had something to gain.

A polite throat clearing snaps her out of her reverie.
    "Abactor Ratu! Sorry, I didn't see you there"
    "It is time. You are adequately prepared I hope? Properly this time? I trust you haven't forgotten your promise….?"
    "No no, this is going to be totally different. I will *not* let you down. Again. Are the high priests ready?"
    He nods, leading her down some winding stairs, a small labyrinth of now familiar corridors and out into the great hall. It is not as full as last time and those that are there are murmuring in an overly aggressive manner, but that's understandable given how her speech at the Sacrament had gone. She's not a natural showman or public. But she's a fast learner. She approaches the lectern.

"Brothers, Sisters, those who defy traditional pronouns, fellow Seekers. Thanks for coming out. I know, many of you were disappointed with our last guest speakers, and I'd just like to apologise on behalf of Dwayne - he is a fearless interdimensional explorer, but he was just a little stage struck is all. And I sometimes forget that not everyone speaks Spider, but Simon did ask me to tell you that he recognises it's unreasonable to ask all of you to learn his language if he won't take the time to learn yours - all he asks is that you give him another couple of months to work out the logistics and let me grow him some lips in a vat.

But now, to today. It's Revelation Day. I promised you something special. Many of you have, understandably, lost faith in my ability to deliver. And many of you are very disappointed to not be pouring out pints of yourself into that great big cup like you do every year, but trust me this is better. Do you trust me? Can I get some Noes for Othegre?"

There's a grumble from the audience.

"But assisting me in this endeavour, I have the infinitely talented Abactor Ratu. You trust him, right? Can I get some Yeses for Ratu?"

If grudging acceptance makes a noise, you just heard it. She hand's a portion of Goodie's arrow to Ratu, who holds it in his left hand with Othegre's hand in his right. His priests form a circle around them. They begin chanting. Energy begins to crackle and flow along and between the pillars behind the lectern.

"So let me give today's guest speaker. When I told the Abactor that we'd be opening a gate to another Plane, he was excited. Are we going inner or outer? And Ooze elemental lord? A lieutenant of Baator? You can imagine his disappointment, as I imagine your own, when I told him that no; We're going material plane all the way. We're opening a door to… My Kitchen!"

She can see some seekers beginning to leave, others starting to cut eachother and drink directly from eachother's wrists so they can go home a least partially cleansed. **** 'em.

"And who is today's guest speaker? A copper pot? Maybe the spoon I used to use to make scrambled eggs? Honestly, that was my first idea but you deserve more. You deserve the best. Seekers of Divinity, I give you the serpent monkey who's always funky, the word of law from the gaping maw, the prince of lies himself, Demogorgon!"

Othegre steps well out of the way as the portal opens, just wide enough for one of his heads to poke through. She gives him a wink, blows a kiss and leaves the stage. What happens next is immaterial - she has the boundless power of the Crimson Covenant (OOC: Specifically Plane Shift) at her disposal in exchange for the secrets of the blood she can offer. She has Goodie's fingerprints and organic material from her own plane, and all it's secrets laid bare at a cellular level. She has a bandage on her arse - but nothing she can’t fix with a little cannibalism and good night's sleep or two.

She's going home.

(OOC : To be clear, Genetic Location and Genome Decode on the shaft of the arrow will give her the information she needs to divine the location of her original material plane (either that of the other arrows made from the same wood/ore or the tree if it somewho still stands, with the remaining samples from the arrow providing a focus for Covenant clerics to Plane Shift her home in exchange for leaving notes on Vivimancy - which she's had 2 weeks or so to prepare at this stage - and her leaving Ergheto with them. They don't know she disappears after an hour. As soon as she's home Othegre will find a safe spot to retreat to her shadow, and Ergheto will set fire to herself so there's no question of who will remain permanent. This will provide some protection in the event that Ergheto's passing causes a blackout. The shadow door will be left in the roof so any intruders will have a long fall and a guard dog that loves the taste of broken legs to contend with.

Well come on, I have to try!)

Advertisement