Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great North Run 2018

Options
  • 07-02-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Gutted I didn't get a spot. Did anyone have any luck?

I've noticed a pattern, my friends who put in times of over 2 hours got in, those of us who put in under 2 hours didn't! Maybe it was just coincidence.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

I'm doing this one for the third time this year. I'm a member so I didn't need to go through the ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Yeah I'm in again. This will be my 3rd time running in last 5 years

Great atmosphere on the course, not the easiest course

Have my hotel booked. Plan to fly in Saturday morning, and return flight on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Pink11 wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't get a spot. Did anyone have any luck?

I've noticed a pattern, my friends who put in times of over 2 hours got in, those of us who put in under 2 hours didn't! Maybe it was just coincidence.

Any thoughts?

I put in under 2 hours and got in, i would assume its some sort of quota system per time range
    colin32 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in again. This will be my 3rd time running in last 5 years

Great atmosphere on the course, not the easiest course

Have my hotel booked. Plan to fly in Saturday morning, and return flight on the Monday

Any hotel recommendations? Its my first time heading over to it

I've used nirvana Europe the previous 2 occasions, and stayed at Newcastle university. Cost £65 and have till 6pm on the Sunday to leave. So you have time for shower after, then get evening flight home

It's also only a 5 minute walk from start area

It's basic accommodation, but it does me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

colin32 wrote: »
    I've used nirvana Europe the previous 2 occasions, and stayed at Newcastle university. Cost £65 and have till 6pm on the Sunday to leave. So you have time for shower after, then get evening flight home

It's also only a 5 minute walk from start area

It's basic accommodation, but it does me

Stayed there as well the year I did it, accommodation was grand and great location.

• Advertisement

Only 3 weeks to go now

Many others still doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

3rd time doing it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Deferred my entry as I can't make it over this year. Did it twice before. Great event

Advertisement