Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFQ Levels & credits

Options
  • 07-02-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I’ve been looking for some info on the NFQ levels system and I am finding it difficult to get some clear information.

So I currently hold a Level 7 B.Sc degree, which is worth 180 credits. As well as that, I am studying part time at the moment towards a Level 8 Diploma, worth 30 credits overall.

I am now looking into progressing to a full Level 8 degree (B.Eng), where 240 credits is needed to obtain this award I think?

So, if I have the 180 credits from my Level 7, plus the 30 from the Level 8 diploma, does this mean all I need to achieve a level 8 degree is 30 more credits? Or am I taking this up wrong and looking at it too simplistically??!

Or is it up to the institution who gives out the awards to recognize your past awards?

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cherryherry

hi each course has its own credits, they cant be joined together. to get a level 8 bachelors degree you have to do an extra year after the level 7 bsc degree, depending on the college if you have already covered the same subjects in level 8 diploma you dont have to do them again. you can apply for advanced entry to skip year 1,2 or 3

Advertisement