If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atmos add on speakers

Options
  • 07-02-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

i bought an epson lcd projector and screen from yourselves a few years ago, am using that and a lg 65 oled C6 in a room thats about 12 foot in width by 15 foot in length, flat ceiling.

I have a 5.1 set up using jamo speakers and sub with a denon avr-x1400h receiver. 
    I was looking at adding 2 atmos speakers to my set up and was looking for recommendations, budget isnt massive unfortunately, i'd be looking at the lower to middle price range.

Also, i'm not very good with diy jobs so i'm not sure if in ceiling speakers are possible at the moment, i usually get friends to help installing that type of stuff.

is there a big difference between the ceiling speakers and the ones that are normally put on top of floor standing speakers?

i'm sitting about 13 feet away from my 2 front floor speakers, if the difference is massive, i'd rather hold off purchasing anything until i have someone to help with installing ceiling speakers

thanks guys

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys

i bought an epson lcd projector and screen from yourselves a few years ago, am using that and a lg 65 oled C6 in a room thats about 12 foot in width by 15 foot in length, flat ceiling.

I have a 5.1 set up using jamo speakers and sub with a denon avr-x1400h receiver. 
    I was looking at adding 2 atmos speakers to my set up and was looking for recommendations, budget isnt massive unfortunately, i'd be looking at the lower to middle price range.

Also, i'm not very good with diy jobs so i'm not sure if in ceiling speakers are possible at the moment, i usually get friends to help installing that type of stuff.

is there a big difference between the ceiling speakers and the ones that are normally put on top of floor standing speakers?

i'm sitting about 13 feet away from my 2 front floor speakers, if the difference is massive, i'd rather hold off purchasing anything until i have someone to help with installing ceiling speakers

thanks guys
    Hi Eamon,

The In Ceiling set up is definitely a better option than the Atmos upfiring speakers. Having heard both I find the In Ceilings give a sharper sound and a better sense of space in the height channels.

For in ceiling speakers I would recommend the Monitor Audio C165s. These retail at £114.95 each and I can look at a price for you if you want to buy a pair.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David 

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me, i would be interested in these but i need to check about instalation first.

Do you know if installation is hard and if i need other things like brackets etc?, i usually get friends to help with this type of stuff.

Also, where should they be placed in the ceiling? should they be directly above the sofa, or in the middle of the room etc?

Sorry for the questions, i'm useless at diy
    Hi guys

thanks guys
    Hi Eamon,

The In Ceiling set up is definitely a better option than the Atmos upfiring speakers. Having heard both I find the In Ceilings give a sharper sound and a better sense of space in the height channels.

For in ceiling speakers I would recommend the Monitor Audio C165s. These retail at £114.95 each and I can look at a price for you if you want to buy a pair.

Kind regards

David 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me, i would be interested in these but i need to check about instalation first.

Do you know if installation is hard and if i need other things like brackets etc?, i usually get friends to help with this type of stuff.

Also, where should they be placed in the ceiling? should they be directly above the sofa, or in the middle of the room etc?

Hi guys

thanks guys
    Hi Eamon,

Kind regards

David 
    Hi Eamon,

Installing an in-ceiling speaker is pretty straightforward but there are things you need to consider before embarking on the job.

Firstly cabling. Cabling is usually tracked through the walls and the ceiling cavity to the speaker. You would need to know how much you need and how you will be supplying the cable to the speaker.

The space between the floor joists is also important in terms of fitting the speakers into the cavity. If you position them between the screen and your listening position this would give a good sound.

You may also want to consider fire hoods over the speaker assembly to comply with fire safety regulations. We sell these as well separately.

After you've made these considerations fitting the speaker simply involves cutting out a hole to the specified diameter and clipping it in place after wiring. You do not need any extra brackets for in ceiling speakers.

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Hi guys

thanks guys
    Hi Eamon,

Kind regards

David 
    Hi Eamon,

Installing an in-ceiling speaker is pretty straightforward but there are things you need to consider before embarking on the job.

Firstly cabling. Cabling is usually tracked through the walls and the ceiling cavity to the speaker. You would need to know how much you need and how you will be supplying the cable to the speaker.

The space between the floor joists is also important in terms of fitting the speakers into the cavity. If you position them between the screen and your listening position this would give a good sound.

You may also want to consider fire hoods over the speaker assembly to comply with fire safety regulations. We sell these as well separately.

After you've made these considerations fitting the speaker simply involves cutting out a hole to the specified diameter and clipping it in place after wiring. You do not need any extra brackets for in ceiling speakers.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

What would be your best price for the 2 ceiling speakers delivered to dublin?

I think i have speaker cable but if not, is there any deals/bundles for cable and the fire hoods?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi David

Hi guys

thanks guys
    Hi Eamon,

Kind regards

David 
    Hi Eamon,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

What would be your best price for the 2 ceiling speakers delivered to dublin?

I think i have speaker cable but if not, is there any deals/bundles for cable and the fire hoods?

Thanks
    Hi Eamon,

I could do 2 speakers including shipping to Dublin for £199.

If you let me know how much speaker cable you need I can do you a price for 2 firehoods and the cable.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks David, I'll will definitely rake the speakers from you, just need to check the attic for speaker cable Friday evening, I'll be back on to you then!! 

Thanks David, I'll will definitely rake the speakers from you, just need to check the attic for speaker cable Friday evening, I'll be back on to you then!! 
    No problem Eamon, let me know when you're ready.

Kind regards

David

Hi David 

I had a look and don't have and speaker cabie so would need 20metres please, what cable would you recommend, I don't need the best if it's a bit pricey.

Also, I was looking at the monitor audio c180 on the website, is there much if a difference compared to the c165.

What would be your best price on these please? 

Hi David 

I had a look and don't have and speaker cabie so would need 20metres please, what cable would you recommend, I don't need the best if it's a bit pricey.

Also, I was looking at the monitor audio c180 on the website, is there much if a difference compared to the c165.

What would be your best price on these please? 
    Hi Eamondunphy.

You could use the symphony 100 which retials for £1.29 pet meter. i could offer the 20m at £20.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-900187-symphony-100.aspx

The C180 have a larger driver over the C165. The C180 uses a 8 inch and the 165 a 6.5 one. This allows the 180 to produce a wider range.

The C180 retail at £144 each. I could do the pair for £230.00.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202765-c180.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

Hi kenny 

I see you offered them for 224 pound a couple of weeks ago, any chance you can match it again please?

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057829767/1#post105828841

• Advertisement

Hi kenny 

I see you offered them for 224 pound a couple of weeks ago, any chance you can match it again please?

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057829767/1#post105828841
    Hey Eamondunphy.

No problem, you have twisted arm :)

I can offer them for the £224 price.

Great thanks, il also take the cable wire to olease. 

I'll pm you my number now if you wouldn't mind ringing me 

Great thanks, il also take the cable wire to olease. 

I'll pm you my number now if you wouldn't mind ringing me 
    Cheers Eamondunphy.

I'll drop you a call ASAP.

Hi guys, 

Was everything OK with my order yesterday?

I'd a missed call from you guys yesterday evening, was wondering if everything was OK? 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys, 

I'd a missed call from you guys yesterday evening, was wondering if everything was OK? 
    Eamo,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I know the guys tried to call you yesterday afternoon - I'll ask them to give you a call again asap and chat you thru delivery ;)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi guys, 

Eamo,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I know the guys tried to call you yesterday afternoon - I'll ask them to give you a call again asap and chat you thru delivery ;)
    Hi Guys

I bought 2 monitor c180 ceiling speakers back in February, i only got my electrician friend to install them on Saturday but when we opened the box, they are not the same speakers, it looks like 2 different versions of the c180 model?

I know i got them months ago and should have opened the box before Saturday, but is there any way to exchange one of them for a matching one please?

As they are both different and have different sizes, i cant use them as they are, they look different and obviously wouldn't look well in the ceiling, the boxes are also different but i never noticed before as i hadn't opened them

I have attached photos to show the differences, the last photo is of the black speaker in the ceiling, we installed this one before opening the second box.

Can someone get give me a ring or private message me on this please, I've my receipt if you need it.

Regards,
    Sean

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys, 

Eamo,

Hi Guys

I bought 2 monitor c180 ceiling speakers back in February, i only got my electrician friend to install them on Saturday but when we opened the box, they are not the same speakers, it looks like 2 different versions of the c180 model?

I know i got them months ago and should have opened the box before Saturday, but is there any way to exchange one of them for a matching one please?

As they are both different and have different sizes, i cant use them as they are, they look different and obviously wouldn't look well in the ceiling, the boxes are also different but i never noticed before as i hadn't opened them

I have attached photos to show the differences, the last photo is of the black speaker in the ceiling, we installed this one before opening the second box.

Can someone get give me a ring or private message me on this please, I've my receipt if you need it.

Regards,
    Sean
    Sean,

of course - you can swap no problem,

Monitor Audio have done a running change on their CI models - it's only cosmetic and packaging changes with no performance changes but there is no problem - we will arrange collection of the 2 you have and send you out two of the latest spec units.

Could you drop us your real name to sales@richersounds.ie and we will get this all arranged for you as I'm not sure the 'real' Eamon Dunphy deserves 2 new speakers ;) ..

Thanks again and keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John ,

I sent a mail with my phone number

Regards 
    Sean

Thanks John ,

I sent a mail with my phone number

Regards 
    Sean
    Hey Eamondunphy.

Just a quick post to check if one of the guys here have been in touch regarding the above?

Hi Guys

Just wanna say thank you all for your help on this.

Speakers were swapped today with no hassle.

Thanks for such great customer service and appreciate all your help!!

Regards,
    Sean

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

Just wanna say thank you all for your help on this.

Speakers were swapped today with no hassle.

Thanks for such great customer service and appreciate all your help!!

Regards,
    Sean
    Hi eamondunphy.

Thanks for letting us know.

Should you have any other issues or questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.