Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv camera working on wifi but not on vodafone 3g

Options
  • 07-02-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

hi

is there anything i can do to view camera on my mobile network?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will probably need to open the ports on your router to allow the remote connection.

Some more information would help.
    What camera system ? What DVR are you using? What Broadband Router have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Thanks for your reply.

Its a cow calving ip camera. Its not connected durectly to the house its send by outdoor router that sends it to the house. the network is wireless internet. works fine through wifi at home and on other wifi networks.

sorry i dont think i can give other info

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What device settings are you using on the app while trying to connect remotely.?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

really sorry im not sure.

using the outside ip and port to gain access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

keryl wrote: »
    really sorry im not sure.

using the outside ip and port to gain access

Are you getting an external IP address from the mobile broadband?. Ring Vodafone and ask them. Also ask them are they blocking any ports. This can happen that you don't get an external ip address or they block ports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement