Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four dogs killed and one car damaged after hunt spills onto busy motorway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

64 views and the silence is deafening, come on lads get an old chat going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

"The uneatable,being pursued by the unspeakable " Oscar Wilde I believe.

Now Ye're Talkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Just ban the hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hitman3000 wrote:
    The uneatable,being pursued by the unspeakable " Oscar Wilde I believe.

Considering the guy who said that did not follow the prescribed morality of his day is quite ironic. Btw saying somethibg x3 times doesnt make it so.

Accidents happen. Animals get killed all the time on motorways. # Faux outrage = # faux news

Let's #banallvehicles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

just an accident, the hunt will reimburse the motorist, nothing to talk about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

How bout you start one? Have any thoughts or opinions of your own?
    That's normally how you start a chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

This is a pro hunting forum, as clearly set out in their charter, so it's probably pointless discussing it here.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

wexie wrote: »
    How bout you start one? Have any thoughts or opinions of your own?
    That's normally how you start a chat

No bother.

I think the report in the paper is a bit red toppy kind of journalism to be honest.

The garda spokesperson seems to contradict the report made by two journalists.

Something doesn't add up here.

How's that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

About what.

Through incompetence, ignorance or lack of control the dogs got away and were hit (according to the article). A sorry incident and other than it being a hunt involved, dogs being hit by cars happens daily all around the country.

The reason this is sensationalised is because it involves a hunt. Yet another chance for the liberal side to take a shot at a sport they know nothing about.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Poor dogs. They didnt deserve to be in tje company of these hunt idiots.
    Let me remind you of the forum you are on.

You are free to post even if the posts are in opposition but the sport is legal, and you don't know the people involved. So cool it with the insults.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hitman3000 wrote: »

Not really much sense when foxes are edible though.

M'eh.

Fox hunting serves a purpose and only the ignorant think it's not needed or that foxes are cute, cuddly and something out of a Disney film.

I personally don't see the appeal to this type of hunting, but that is because of the Horses. I don't trust them. They are dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle.

How's that?

I would imagine that is probably because gardai spokesperson is reporting actual facts, journalist have a tendency to give a particular slant to facts by the language they use.

Also I doubt that garda spokesperson would consider to be a dog killed as something they need to report as 'injuries' or 'fatalities'.

It's an unfortunate incident by all accounts but I very much doubt you're going to be getting the reaction you're no doubt hoping for.

I would imagine that is probably because gardai spokesperson is reporting actual facts, journalist have a tendency to give a particular slant to facts by the language they use.

Also I doubt that garda spokesperson would consider to be a dog killed as something they need to report as 'injuries' or 'fatalities'.

It's an unfortunate incident by all accounts but I very much doubt you're going to be getting the reaction you're no doubt hoping for.

You seem to have misunderstood me when I said "How's that".

That was in reply to you asking me to get the ball rolling.

I'm hunting over 35 years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

"A collision occurred between a dog and a car on the M3. No injuries at scene."
    One hound, ie half a couple. So should we post every single time a dog gets knocked down. Keep your "anti" venom for the likes of John Fitzgerald. Sad loss of the hound, but not worth sh*t stirring unless you have a particular agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

What were they hunting ? Do they not have any jobs ?

Something doesn't add up here.

How's that?
    You seem to have misunderstood me when I said "How's that".

Haha, I did indeed. I thought you meant : something doesn't add up here, how's that? Apologies.

Answer pretty much stays the same though, sounds like the journalists are looking to create some outrage, as so often these days. You know, cause there aren't already enough actual things in the world we could get (rightly) outraged over (if ya felt like it)

This an unfortunate accident but an accident nonetheless :o

Haha, I did indeed. I thought you meant : something doesn't add up here, how's that? Apologies.

Answer pretty much stays the same though, sounds like the journalists are looking to create some outrage, as so often these days. You know, cause there aren't already enough actual things in the world we could get (rightly) outraged over (if ya felt like it)

This an unfortunate accident but an accident nonetheless :o

No bother, I have to wonder how long those two journalists spent writing that rubbish and how it even got to print?

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Just ban the hunt

Why?

• Advertisement

No bother, I have to wonder how long those two journalists spent writing that rubbish and how it even got to print?

I wonder that a lot about newspapers these days :(

I always try to remind myself their business isn't actually giving us 'the news'.
    They make money by selling advertising. In order to do that they need readers. They get readers by sensationalizing stuff.

Seems nobody is interested in just 'the news' anymore.
    Imagine having to read just facts and making up your own mind about something:eek:

I wish we could go back to just 'the news' though. Would be a lot better for everybody. (also I don't think that what celebrity shagged who in which orifice is really news, but that's just me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

Out of genuine curiosity, have you eaten a fox?

I quoted Oscar Wilde never stated whether it was accurate or not. Never came across a recipe though.

Cass wrote:
    Fox hunting serves a purpose and only the ignorant think it's not needed or that foxes are cute, cuddly and something out of a Disney film.

It does serve a purpose to a degree, but I have observed the behaviour where I live of some of these mounted hunts. Arrogance would be a polite word to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

i blame the fox he should have crossed at the traffic lights

It does serve a purpose to a degree, but I have observed the behaviour where I live of some of these mounted hunts. Arrogance would be a polite word to use.
    Local hunt to me has some less than pleasant characters, but i don't judge the sport based on the attitudes of a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Perhaps - however that's the same as an obervation that some motorists you've seen are ignorant and by implication all motorists are similar. Generalities help no-one imo. The same holds for all interest groups whether golf, shooting or whatever

think about the revenue all the feed for horses and dogs the diesel to get there.maybe a few drinks in the local after.it will never be banned

gozunda wrote:
    Perhaps - however that's the same as an obervation that some motorists you've seen are ignorant and by implication all motorists are similar. Generalities help no-one imo. The same holds for all interest groups whether golf, shooting or whatever

No only speaking about the mounted hunts I have observed in my locality, can't talk about other ones as I haven't seen their behaviour.

• Advertisement

nice 1st post you take alot more with the lamp anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement