Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Inertia Sensors changed?

Options
  • 07-02-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all. I installed an Aritech CP 32 a very long time ago. Never had any problems with it since. However I've now built on a kitchen extension. So I bought some Contact Sensors (door/window opening) and Inertia Sensors (shock sensors) and attached them to the existing cabling. The Contact Sensors work fine but no reaction from the Inertia Sensors. I notice now that both sensor types are HKC brand. So my question is: Has Inertia Sensor technology moved on so that my system won't react to them or is it just that the HKC brand won't mix with my Aritech. I do see that Mac Alarms have Aritech Inertia Sensors which in their picture looks like my old ones. So far have not got an answer from them. Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

No issues at all with HKC sensors working with an Aritech panel, other than these new ones, do the existing Aritech Sensors work?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LivingMan

Hi kub. The original Aritech Inertia Sensors always worked and still do. So you are saying that HKC sensors work with the Aritech CP 32? It's been a month since I tried them but I did exhaustive tests at the time.

Hi kub. The original Aritech inertia sensors still work fine on the Aritech CP 32 system. Are you saying that the HKC sensors will work with an Aritech CP 32 ? It's been about a month since I tried them, but I did do exhaustive tests at the time.

Sorry about the double posting, but it's been a long time since I posted to Boards. For some reason my first post disappeared. So I wrote it again and posted. Then they both appeared!

Which HKC sensors have you got? Is it the very slim ones?
    Also are all your new inertia sensors all connected to the same zone?
    Or are they connected up with any functioning Aritech one's?

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking the interest. I've opened up the HKC sensor and written inside is " HKC Ltd Type A LF Sensor G2 LII ". I'm not sure what would be slim so the dimensions are 69mm x 32mm base and 25mm high. All new ones are on the same zone. Also on that same zone are some of the original Aritech inertia sensors. The old Aritech sensors still respond but the new ones do not. I hope that gives you all the clues you need.

LivingMan wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the interest. I've opened up the HKC sensor and written inside is " HKC Ltd Type A LF Sensor G2 LII ". I'm not sure what would be slim so the dimensions are 69mm x 32mm base and 25mm high. All new ones are on the same zone. Also on that same zone are some of the original Aritech inertia sensors. The old Aritech sensors still respond but the new ones do not. I hope that gives you all the clues you need.

Ok you have the standard ones so, on the inside of the sensors there is little barrel heads, there is a little arrow on the side, are all those arrows pointing upwards?

Yes, arrows all pointing upwards. I checked them just now and even tapped them all to see if a miracle had happened. But no alarm set off. I must say that I'd forgotten about the arrows but did know that at the time of installing them.

Advertisement