Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband Install

Options
  • 07-02-2018 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, can you advise exactly what is involved with the install of Fibre Broadband.
    Does a new line need to come into the home? Can this line be brought in were the existing telephone line comes through? In other words, is it necessary to drill a hole in the exterior wall of the house?

My phone socket is about 12 feet away from the point of entry. Does this require connection from the point of entry to the phone socket?

Is there a requirement for a power supply at point of entry and how will this be done?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi, can you advise exactly what is involved with the install of Fibre Broadband.
    Does a new line need to come into the home? Can this line be brought in were the existing telephone line comes through? In other words, is it necessary to drill a hole in the exterior wall of the house?

My phone socket is about 12 feet away from the point of entry. Does this require connection from the point of entry to the phone socket?

Is there a requirement for a power supply at point of entry and how will this be done?

Thanks in advance
    Hi parishsavings,

It's difficult to say what the process would be in your own situation, the process can vary depending on a lot of contributing factors. For example the infrastructure of the house could affect the installation.

I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 to look into this further.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭parishsavings

Thanks in advance
    Hi parishsavings,

It's difficult to say what the process would be in your own situation, the process can vary depending on a lot of contributing factors. For example the infrastructure of the house could affect the installation.

I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 to look into this further.

Thanks

Thomas
    I phoned your technical support line before I put this query on here but the person was unsure of the install process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks in advance
    Hi parishsavings,

Thanks

Thomas
    I phoned your technical support line before I put this query on here but the person was unsure of the install process
    I'm very sorry to hear this.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement