Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed installation and given runaround

Options
  • 07-02-2018 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

On the 25th of Jan 2018 I called eir sales and placed an order for efibre.

I received an email confirming the installation to be on the 7th of Feb between 9am - 1:30pm. The email stated that I would receive a call 48hrs before the installation date to ensure I would be home. It also stated that I would get a call on the day to again ensure that I would be home.

I did not get any calls.

I rang eir support and was transferred to their open eir scheduling. I we told that the appointment was cancelled on the 30th Jan. I was not contacted about this I only found out because I rang them today.

Through 6 phone calls trying to find out why the installation had been cancelled, I was transferred over and over to more people that had no information to give me. Some hung up on me, others left me on gold for over half an hour before I had to start again.

I still do not know why the installation had been cancelled. It seems to be that the order is still active.

Their webchat only produced some scripted answers that provide no information.

Their email is "down for maintenance". Who the hell do they think that fools... A business critical application being down for maintenance.... The I.T. team would be fired.

What is going on with my order!?!?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

_Postal_ wrote: »
    On the 25th of Jan 2018 I called eir sales and placed an order for efibre.

I received an email confirming the installation to be on the 7th of Feb between 9am - 1:30pm. The email stated that I would receive a call 48hrs before the installation date to ensure I would be home. It also stated that I would get a call on the day to again ensure that I would be home.

I did not get any calls.

I rang eir support and was transferred to their open eir scheduling. I we told that the appointment was cancelled on the 30th Jan. I was not contacted about this I only found out because I rang them today.

Through 6 phone calls trying to find out why the installation had been cancelled, I was transferred over and over to more people that had no information to give me. Some hung up on me, others left me on gold for over half an hour before I had to start again.

I still do not know why the installation had been cancelled. It seems to be that the order is still active.

Their webchat only produced some scripted answers that provide no information.

Their email is "down for maintenance". Who the hell do they think that fools... A business critical application being down for maintenance.... The I.T. team would be fired.

What is going on with my order!?!?!?
    Hi _Postal_ ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and order number or account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 38 _Postal_

To follow up:

After 15+ calls to these miscreants, I finally found a competent employee.

Apparently the installation was cancelled on the 30th of Jan (8 days prior to the scheduled installation date).

I was not notified of this until I called to find out.

Yesterday after calling again a person named Dale (Thanks you!) informed me that the installation was cancelled because my house is now capable of getting Fiber to the Home instead of efiber. Yay, 1gb broadband!

The hours and hours of hold time and being hung up on, left on hold until I gave up etc is completely ridiculous.

The result is still not entirely satisfying as I must wait 48 hours for the current order to cancel and then I must call in again (hopefully not be put on hold) and make a new order for Fiber to the Home. And then likely have another 10+ day wait for the new installation guy to get to my house... if it doesn't get cancelled for another random reason that I wont be able to find out....

As far as I am concerned this should have happened:

1. On the 30th, I should have been called and informed that Fiber to the Home was available to me.
    2. I should have been given the option to go ahead with my current order or change it
    3. IF i decieded to go with Fiber to the Home, then and only then, should the old order be cancelled.
    4. Eir should have set up a new order for Fiber to the Home during that call IF  I wanted it

So long story short:
    Yay, 1gb broadband. 
    Eir support in every capacity (Webchat, FB chat, Twitter Chat, All of their Phone based support and Email) are utterly and completely useless. [with exception for Dale... who I hope gets promoted and fires all his colleagues])

To be honest, i did not communicate with the person that replied on this thread as the reply reads like every other script driven support service that I have already interacted with to no avail.

To follow up:

After 15+ calls to these miscreants, I finally found a competent employee.

Apparently the installation was cancelled on the 30th of Jan (8 days prior to the scheduled installation date).

I was not notified of this until I called to find out.

Yesterday after calling again a person named Dale (Thanks you!) informed me that the installation was cancelled because my house is now capable of getting Fiber to the Home instead of efiber. Yay, 1gb broadband!

The hours and hours of hold time and being hung up on, left on hold until I gave up etc is completely ridiculous.

The result is still not entirely satisfying as I must wait 48 hours for the current order to cancel and then I must call in again (hopefully not be put on hold) and make a new order for Fiber to the Home. And then likely have another 10+ day wait for the new installation guy to get to my house... if it doesn't get cancelled for another random reason that I wont be able to find out....

As far as I am concerned this should have happened:

1. On the 30th, I should have been called and informed that Fiber to the Home was available to me.
    2. I should have been given the option to go ahead with my current order or change it
    3. IF i decieded to go with Fiber to the Home, then and only then, should the old order be cancelled.
    4. Eir should have set up a new order for Fiber to the Home during that call IF  I wanted it

So long story short:
    Yay, 1gb broadband. 
    Eir support in every capacity (Webchat, FB chat, Twitter Chat, All of their Phone based support and Email) are utterly and completely useless. [with exception for Dale... who I hope gets promoted and fires all his colleagues])

To be honest, i did not communicate with the person that replied on this thread as the reply reads like every other script driven support service that I have already interacted with to no avail.
    Without the details of your account, I would not be able to look into this for you.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Hi _Postal_,

I've experienced similar interactions/failures, etc over the last 2 months, and I'm going to defend (most of) the eir reps. I see 2 problems from my vantage point:
    1. New accounting (i.e. keeping up with customers, billing, etc etc) system that has some serious glitches, in particular, the inability to communicate between the OLD system and the NEW system, and apparently between aspects within the new system!

2. A load of new young employees on the phones (and elsewhere) who have been insufficiently trained and who are no more able to bridge the software problems, apparently, than the CREATORS of the system (so far).

The combination of these 2 huge factors has resulted in massive breakdowns in communication, incorrect billing, emails, etc unsuited to the conditions. This appears to cause small problems to snowball into debacles.

The problems we are experiencing are, IMHO, outrageous, and our frustration and anger are clearly understandable and justified.  Eir management are handling all this very poorly, again, IMHO.  I think the supervisors are fending off front line employees' requests for help, as the supervisors are stuck in the same loop (crazy software, and need to appear to be "handling" things).

I wonder if there are signs on the walls saying:
    THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE
    UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

Signed,
    Management

I have to say, with only a couple of exceptions (and only 1 who really couldn't handle it and hung up), every rep I've dealt with so far has been very patient, equally frustrated (without letting on toooo much) and at the same time, doing their best to help me and keep their job by not saying too many bad things about eir! ha.

I feel for their dilemma. None of this is their fault, and there is some SEEEERIOUS fault to be dealt with!

Management is responsible for coordinating this stuff, getting QUALIFIED IT system suppliers to design systems for the needs of eir.  I hope they didn't just go with the lowest bid or someone's brother-in-law's firm... Surely the supplier has some contractual obligation to provide a system that is fit for purpose and consequences for the failures.

This is an outrageous debacle, and they reeeally need to get serious solving it. Too many complaints of similar nature.  And you'd wonder how many others there are who are not posting comments on Boards.ie.

So... a bit of sympathy for Thomas, Tracey and the other FIFTEEN different reps I've had to interact with so far since 14 December in my convoluted tangle, and for the ones everyone else is having to interact with .... so long as we can both maintain polite interaction.

Fingers crossed for us all!

Ban

Hi _Postal_,

I've experienced similar interactions/failures, etc over the last 2 months, and I'm going to defend (most of) the eir reps. I see 2 problems from my vantage point:
    1. New accounting (i.e. keeping up with customers, billing, etc etc) system that has some serious glitches, in particular, the inability to communicate between the OLD system and the NEW system, and apparently between aspects within the new system!

2. A load of new young employees on the phones (and elsewhere) who have been insufficiently trained and who are no more able to bridge the software problems, apparently, than the CREATORS of the system (so far).

The combination of these 2 huge factors has resulted in massive breakdowns in communication, incorrect billing, emails, etc unsuited to the conditions. This appears to cause small problems to snowball into debacles.

The problems we are experiencing are, IMHO, outrageous, and our frustration and anger are clearly understandable and justified.  Eir management are handling all this very poorly, again, IMHO.  I think the supervisors are fending off front line employees' requests for help, as the supervisors are stuck in the same loop (crazy software, and need to appear to be "handling" things).

UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

Signed,
    Management

I have to say, with only a couple of exceptions (and only 1 who really couldn't handle it and hung up), every rep I've dealt with so far has been very patient, equally frustrated (without letting on toooo much) and at the same time, doing their best to help me and keep their job by not saying too many bad things about eir! ha.

I feel for their dilemma. None of this is their fault, and there is some SEEEERIOUS fault to be dealt with!

Management is responsible for coordinating this stuff, getting QUALIFIED IT system suppliers to design systems for the needs of eir.  I hope they didn't just go with the lowest bid or someone's brother-in-law's firm... Surely the supplier has some contractual obligation to provide a system that is fit for purpose and consequences for the failures.

This is an outrageous debacle, and they reeeally need to get serious solving it. Too many complaints of similar nature.  And you'd wonder how many others there are who are not posting comments on Boards.ie.

So... a bit of sympathy for Thomas, Tracey and the other FIFTEEN different reps I've had to interact with so far since 14 December in my convoluted tangle, and for the ones everyone else is having to interact with .... so long as we can both maintain polite interaction.

Ban

Yes it is likely a brother-in-law's system. Yes they likely did not want the cost of a good business analyst to ensure the system was fit for purpose. Yes they probably "saved money" by not bothering to acceptance test the system. All this says is that incompetence is systemic in their organisation.

Sadly though, for as long as the only contact that a customer can make is with one of these representatives. Yes they will get the brunt of my outrage.

Long ago at the start of my own career I similarly had a technical support position. Within IT.

Never did I leave people on hold until they give up.

Never did I transfer a customer to a department that would be of no use to their issue.

Never did I hang up on anyone that was not swearing.

Kids don't work. Adults work. These adults have a job and they are not being in any way useful unless you define their job as "keep customers away from useful information".

• Advertisement

Hi _Postal_,

UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

Signed,
    Management

Ban

Yes it is likely a brother-in-law's system. Yes they likely did not want the cost of a good business analyst to ensure the system was fit for purpose. Yes they probably "saved money" by not bothering to acceptance test the system. All this says is that incompetence is systemic in their organisation.

Sadly though, for as long as the only contact that a customer can make is with one of these representatives. Yes they will get the brunt of my outrage.

Long ago at the start of my own career I similarly had a technical support position. Within IT.

Never did I transfer a customer to a department that would be of no use to their issue.

Kids don't work. Adults work. These adults have a job and they are not being in any way useful unless you define their job as "keep customers away from useful information".
    I have offered to assist you and as I've previously stated without the account details, I cannot speculate what issues are.

Thanks 

Thomas

Still being given the run around.

On Thursday last (8th Feb) I was advised that my order would be cancelled within 48hrs. This is to allow a new order for FTTH.

120hrs later, I am being told that the order is still no cancelled and no one can commit to when it will be cancelled.

What the hell have you guys got against your potential customers?!?!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I can't understand why you're still trying to give eir your business. If this is how they've treated you when you're trying to give them money and let them lock you into a contract then what do you think will happen when a problem with their pathetic service arises in future?

Sadly there is no option duento eir having a monopoly. Corrupt governments breed ****ty services and no options.....

Eir rep PMd:

My account number is <redacted>.

Please don't even respond if it will be "your order is in the cancellation queue, we have to idea how long it will take to cancel since it is already 60± hours over our sla... Just wait more"

As expected:

"As previously advised by our support agents over the phone, the order is in the process of being cancelled. I do not deal with cancellations directly through here, unfortunately. I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 for any further updates.

I hope this clears things up for you"

No new information at all but apparently this should clear something up for me.....

This forum is a farce. The purpose is to try remove angry customers from other more visible public media.

I will just continue to rail against eir on Fb, twitter etc. At least more people will see it.

• Advertisement

As expected:

"As previously advised by our support agents over the phone, the order is in the process of being cancelled. I do not deal with cancellations directly through here, unfortunately. I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 for any further updates.

I hope this clears things up for you"

No new information at all but apparently this should clear something up for me.....

This forum is a farce. The purpose is to try remove angry customers from other more visible public media.

I will just continue to rail against eir on Fb, twitter etc. At least more people will see it.
    unfortunately, There is no more I can do to speed this process up.

I completely understand your frustration and can assure you that I have done all I possibly can to assist you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I admire your good standards and your work ethic. I also hope the place you were working didn't have the apparent imploding of systems as we are witnessing in eir.  With the latest development in my debacle, I am more understanding of your views!

The latest.... For historical continuity...

The installation was cancelled without informing me on the 30th of Jan.

On the 7th of Feb, The agrees installation date, I rang to find out where the engineer was. This is where, after many calls stating just wait a while, I eventually found someone that said that the installation was cancelled.

The 8th of Feb 10-15 phone calls, webchat, Fb chat, creating this boards thread, twitter chat etc... I was told that the installation was cancelled because there is FTTH available to me. I was advised to cancel the order and start again aiming for FTTH.

Still on the 8th, I asked for the current order to be cancelled. I was told 48hrs foe the cancellation to go through.

12th, 13th and 14th I rang to confirm cancelled account.

14th Feb afternoon, I get a twitter message stating that the old order is cancelled and I can now put in an order for FTTH.

I ring. The old account is not just cancelled, it is completely missing to such an extent that care representative number 30odd... Tells me that I must be lieing that it ever existed.

I attempt to put in a new order for FTTH.

Sales rep "FTTH is not available in your area". "FTTC is not available in your area". "We can offer you 8mb broadband".

There is a fiber enabled cabinet attached to the other side of my garden wall according to the open eir roll-out map.

These guys are not just incompetent. They are lieing, useless, sub-human pieces of effluent.

The latest.... For historical continuity...

The installation was cancelled without informing me on the 30th of Jan.

On the 7th of Feb, The agrees installation date, I rang to find out where the engineer was. This is where, after many calls stating just wait a while, I eventually found someone that said that the installation was cancelled.

The 8th of Feb 10-15 phone calls, webchat, Fb chat, creating this boards thread, twitter chat etc... I was told that the installation was cancelled because there is FTTH available to me. I was advised to cancel the order and start again aiming for FTTH.

Still on the 8th, I asked for the current order to be cancelled. I was told 48hrs foe the cancellation to go through.

12th, 13th and 14th I rang to confirm cancelled account.

14th Feb afternoon, I get a twitter message stating that the old order is cancelled and I can now put in an order for FTTH.

I ring. The old account is not just cancelled, it is completely missing to such an extent that care representative number 30odd... Tells me that I must be lieing that it ever existed.

I attempt to put in a new order for FTTH.

Sales rep "FTTH is not available in your area". "FTTC is not available in your area". "We can offer you 8mb broadband".

There is a fiber enabled cabinet attached to the other side of my garden wall according to the open eir roll-out map.

These guys are not just incompetent. They are lieing, useless, sub-human pieces of effluent.
    Hi _Postal_,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can see that there is most definitely a conflict of information on this. [/font]Usually[font=Verdana, sans-serif], when the [/font]system[font=Verdana, sans-serif] allows the [/font]sale[font=Verdana, sans-serif] of any product this would mean that product is available to that address[/font].

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is now under investigation with our product and support team and we will be back to you as soon as possible. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our apologies that you have received conflicting information and we will have this cleared up soon. [/font]

Thanks

Thomas

Hi _Postal_,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can see that there is most definitely a conflict of information on this. [/font]Usually[font=Verdana, sans-serif], when the [/font]system[font=Verdana, sans-serif] allows the [/font]sale[font=Verdana, sans-serif] of any product this would mean that product is available to that address[/font].

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is now under investigation with our product and support team and we will be back to you as soon as possible. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our apologies that you have received conflicting information and we will have this cleared up soon. [/font]

Thanks

Thomas

I wouldn't hold my breath but I would appreciate any information on how this has all happened.

Hi _Postal_,

Thanks

Thomas

I wouldn't hold my breath but I would appreciate any information on how this has all happened.
    Hi [font=Verdana, sans-serif]_Postal_[/font],

I just received an update.

As it stands there is no FTTC available at your address. Unfortunately, you are outside of the standard roll-out plan or the rural 300K. I have been advised that you will have availability for FTTH in the upcoming months but we do not have a definite date on this.

I would suggest to put through an NGB order and see what the technicians say after this.

Thanks

Thomas

As it stands there is no FTTC available at your address. Unfortunately, you are outside of the standard roll-out plan or the rural 300K. I have been advised that you will have availability for FTTH in the upcoming months but we do not have a definite date on this.

I would suggest to put through an NGB order and see what the technicians say after this.

Thanks

Thomas

What is a NGB? Any links t order page?

Oh. You mean snail pace broadband. "up to" 24mb.... 2005 style.

Thanks

Thomas

You can find all information in regards to NGB on the link below

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/

Thanks

Thomas

Update:
    The engineer was out today to install adsl. Since that is all eir say is available.

While here he tested the line and stated that efibre is available in the Curragh Exchange and more specifically Cabinet 005.

He suggested cancelling the adsl order because the entire area has several efibre exchanges and our specific cabinet definitely has efiber.

He tested the internal line and the cabinet in front of me.

Rang eir and their system is still saying adsl only.

Their system is wrong.

How the hell do I get efiber when it is available but the staff don't know how to suit the order????

• Advertisement

Update:
    The engineer was out today to install adsl. Since that is all eir say is available.

While here he tested the line and stated that efibre is available in the Curragh Exchange and more specifically Cabinet 005.

He suggested cancelling the adsl order because the entire area has several efibre exchanges and our specific cabinet definitely has efiber.

He tested the internal line and the cabinet in front of me.

Rang eir and their system is still saying adsl only.

Their system is wrong.

Thanks

Thomas

How the hell do I get efiber when it is available but the staff don't know how to suit the order????

Hi _Postal_,

Apologies for all the confusion here, I understand this is frustrating.

I’m afraid we can only advise on the information we have been given and it has been confirmed by our support and operations team that the service is not available at your address as of yet. The service is subject to availability and each house is individual for the service so not all customers can avail of it.

Unfortunately, there is no more I can do in relation to this.

Apologies again for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi _Postal_,

I’m afraid we can only advise on the information we have been given and it has been confirmed by our support and operations team that the service is not available at your address as of yet. The service is subject to availability and each house is individual for the service so not all customers can avail of it.

Thanks

Thomas

And the engineer your company sent to my address tested the house and the cabinet and laughted at the incompetence of the groups you mentioned. He tested that not only is efibre 100% available at my address and the cabinet, but it would be impossible to find a location for a mile around me that does not have access to efibre as all exchanges in the area have efibre.

To put this in a way you might understand, you are tell g me that the ground that I currently stand on does not exist.

The engineer with the appropriate equipment tested the only things that dictate whether efibre is physically available or not and concluded "EFIBRE IS AVAILABLE AT THIS WALL SOCKET IN YOUR HOME CURRENTLY ACCORDING TO MY TESTING EQUIPMENT!"

So stop lieing to me.

You literally do not have more valid information then a physical test done at my address and the exchange cabinet that I am proved to be attached to.

Stop calling me a liar. Accept that your system in the office is wrong. Fix the system issue in your office and get me efibre.

Hi _Postal_,

Thanks

Thomas

And the engineer your company sent to my address tested the house and the cabinet and laughted at the incompetence of the groups you mentioned. He tested that not only is efibre 100% available at my address and the cabinet, but it would be impossible to find a location for a mile around me that does not have access to efibre as all exchanges in the area have efibre.

To put this in a way you might understand, you are tell g me that the ground that I currently stand on does not exist.

The engineer with the appropriate equipment tested the only things that dictate whether efibre is physically available or not and concluded "EFIBRE IS AVAILABLE AT THIS WALL SOCKET IN YOUR HOME CURRENTLY ACCORDING TO MY TESTING EQUIPMENT!"

So stop lieing to me.

You literally do not have more valid information then a physical test done at my address and the exchange cabinet that I am proved to be attached to.

Stop calling me a liar. Accept that your system in the office is wrong. Fix the system issue in your office and get me efibre.
    [font=Tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch again.[/font]

As previously advised, we can only relay back the information that is given to us. Would you by any chance have the name of this engineer? If you do, please send this to me and I’ll see if I can get this escalated and get some clarification regarding this.

Thanks

Thomas

As previously advised, we can only relay back the information that is given to us. Would you by any chance have the name of this engineer? If you do, please send this to me and I’ll see if I can get this escalated and get some clarification regarding this.

Thanks

Thomas

The engineers name was "Eamon".

From the KN group, The group you outsource installations to.

The Exchange is "Curragh exchange".

Exchange short code is "CUR".

The specific cabinet is "005".

You have my address from pm. (or ask and I will resend)

Thanks

Thomas

The engineers name was "Eamon".

From the KN group, The group you outsource installations to.

The Exchange is "Curragh exchange".

Exchange short code is "CUR".

The specific cabinet is "005".

You have my address from pm. (or ask and I will resend)
    Thank you for the details.

I have forwarded all the relevant details.

As soon as have an update for you I will let you know.

Thanks

Thomas

Final entry:

Gave up entirely with this shower of incompetent idiots.

Vodafone had full 100mb broadband installed at my house in under 2 weeks from ordering from them.

Eir still think my line does not have fibre.

IDIOTS. Do not go near EIR. They are utterly useless.

Advertisement