Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin HR record Irregular

Options
  • 07-02-2018 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey folks, just a quick query from those wiser. I done a run with a Garmin Vivoactive 3 today, 1st run. The heart rate data is extremely peculiar. A big dip after 3 or 4k. Is this the device learning or is there another explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Looks to me like the watch didn't get a proper reading of the HR for the first 25 minutes.

What range of HR do you usually get when you're running at the same effort as today?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

Looks to me like the watch didn't get a proper reading of the HR for the first 25 minutes.

What range of HR do you usually get when you're running at the same effort as today?

I was running a new pace, trying to keep the heart rate in Zone 2, I usually go all out and are up at 80% MHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I was running a new pace, trying to keep the heart rate in Zone 2, I usually go all out and are up at 80% MHR.

It certainly looks like the device didn't read the HR properly. The HR is too high for Z2 in the first half and it's too jumpy in the second half to be accurate, and the big dip in the second half is not an actual reading - you would have clearly noticed it if your actual HR had dropped by that much.

It's certainly annoying when you're trying to keep to a HR zone and the HRM misfires like that. It happens. With practise you will learn what Z2 feels like without having to rely on the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

@Michael Angelo. I wast thinking of getting one of these but one review said one of its downfalls is that it isn't a great sleep tracker, which is the only thing holding me back from getting it. How do you find it?

Advertisement