Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is no one talking to me? Are you all at a meetup?.. Hum, I don't care I can talk to meself, as I do in real life.

Join the club , I talk to myself all the time :o

Didn't see it Colly , was babysitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Is no one talking to me? Are you all at a meetup?.. Hum, I don't care I can talk to meself, as I do in real life.

I was watching love island. Even though I swore to myself i was done with it

I’m weak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I didn’t see it either, I was busy in the box of shame that goes by the name love island.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Join the club , I talk to myself all the time :o

Didn't see it Colly , was babysitting.

Mam, have you not given a phone /tablet to your charge?

Mam, have you not given a phone /tablet to your charge?

Ah she's not even two yet Colly . She was happy enough playing with the doll , over tired but went asleep about ten minutes before they picked her up :)

• Advertisement

Ah she's not even two yet Colly . She was happy enough playing with the doll , over tired but went asleep about ten minutes before they picked her up :)

It won't be long before she grows out of the Dolly stage... :eek:

It won't be long before she grows out of the Dolly stage... :eek:

Too true !!
    Sure look at mine , off having their own babies now :eek: :D

You know what I hate, I hate...... I hate when I go into work Monday and people ask me "how was your weekend, do anything exciting? " I never have anything to tell them, I just say, 'Grand /OK'.... I'm not going to say I spend my weekend on boards.ie with my virtual friends.... What do you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

You know what I hate, I hate...... I hate when I go into work Monday and people ask me "how was your weekend, do anything exciting? " I never have anything to tell them, I just say, 'Grand /OK'.... I'm not going to say I spend my weekend on boards.ie with my virtual friends.... What do you say?

I feel your pain.

My answer “ ah, it was quiet, you know yourself “

In reality, I watched trashy tv when the kids went to bed or very rarely, played cards against humanity with my OH.

Everyone knows I’m boring af :D
    All small talk is bullsh1t.

I feel your pain.

My answer “ ah, it was quiet, you know yourself “

In reality, I watched trashy tv when the kids went to bed or very rarely, played cards against humanity with my OH.

Everyone knows I’m boring af :D
    All small talk is bullsh1t.

I'm trying to come up with different answers.. 'It was quite' / grand.... I don't want to bull****..... I just wish people would stop asking me 'how was your weekend', what did you do'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'm trying to come up with different answers.. 'It was quite' / grand.... I don't want to bull****..... I just wish people would stop asking me 'how was your weekend', what did you do'?

Just say twas grand.
    But baby sitting all weekend takes its toll. :D

Flies, has anyone had a flies coming into their home?.... I had and Googled for a solution.. There's many solutions out here but I found that putting a glass/jug of water with sugar it in kept them away. I only had brown sugar. Seems to have worked.

Flies, has anyone had a flies coming into their home?.... I had and Googled for a solution.. There's many solutions out here but I found that putting a glass/jug of water with sugar it in kept them away. I only had brown sugar. Seems to have worked.

Where did you put it Colly ?
    Must try that !

And don't mind what anyone asks , sure they're probably saying they done this that and the other when in reality they were probably at home too .

I'v checked this out as my dog will likely knock the TV over or end up in the fish tank.
    I'll get the link.

Where did you put it Colly ?
    Must try that !

And don't mind what anyone asks , sure they're probably saying they done this that and the other when in reality they were probably at home too .

I put it on the mantelpiece, it said to put a funnel in the jar to attract the fles and they'll go into the jar and can't get out, there is no flies in the trap...

455718.jpg

I don't know why the picture won't show.

Mam strikes again and stops my post showing. :)

I put it on the mantelpiece, it said to put a funnel in the jar to attract the fles and they'll go into the jar and can't get out, there is no flies in the trap...

I don't know why the picture won't show.

Did you boil the sugar first like in my link.?

The Glitch is getting the better of me, I thanked both yours and Collys posts and it wouldn't work :(

Colly , you love your plants , nice one :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Did you boil the sugar first like in my link.?

I boiled the kettle then added it to the sugar.... I still have the balcony door open and all the windows open but I've had no flies since I put this remedy out.

• Advertisement

God damn genius you are Mam.

If last post is not showing then just thank loads on the pages before to move it on.
    :D

Works.

God damn genius you are Mam.

If last post is not showing then just thank loads on the pages before to move it on.

Works.

Lol so I make the pages glitch , then unglitch :o

Lol so I make the pages glitch , then unglitch :o

It's the only conclusion I can come to. :)

It's the only conclusion I can come to. :)

It's like , ok I broke it so then I fixed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I boiled the kettle then added it to the sugar.... I still have the balcony door open and all the windows open but I've had no flies since I put this remedy out.

Probably ashamed to come in as you spend your weekend on Boards chatting to you virtual friends :D

Anyone here going to the Electric Picnic?

Was nearly writing EP but thought it might be misconstrued....

Anyone here going to the Electric Picnic?

Was nearly writing EP but thought it might be misconstrued....

Me!!! I’ve been every year for the last 12years!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Me!!! I’ve been every year for the last 12years!

I've never been to it , but I love the buzz here in town , watching everyone getting off the train , waiting for the buses to bring them out , happy people !!

I've never been to it , but I love the buzz here in town , watching everyone getting off the train , waiting for the buses to bring them out , happy people !!

Aw do you live up there? Its my fave wkend in the year... playground for adults!

• Advertisement

It sounds great , I always read the EP thread here too , the excitement on it is brilliant once it gets near :)

Advertisement