Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I'm heading to Netflix soon where I'll browse for 2 hours without actually watching anything. I've ep 6 of cbb watched. It's weird because they've been in the house two weeks apparently so each episode covers a couple days. Edited to death. Very scripted in the diary room but I'm still loving the game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Children Who Kill , on tv3 .

Tonights viewing .
    Oh I couldn't watch that. It sounds so harrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

crustybla wrote: »
    I'm heading to Netflix soon where I'll browse for 2 hours without actually watching anything. I've ep 6 of cbb watched. It's weird because they've been in the house two weeks apparently so each episode covers a couple days. Edited to death. Very scripted in the diary room but I'm still loving the game play.

It is so edited is right . I watch it when I go to bed , their droning on helps me to doze off for a an hour or two :D

Wyrn , yes it is harrowing at times .
    Makes you wonder why they thought it was ok to kill someone , or was it really an accident as some of them claim .
    Remorse or taking responsibility for their actions can be sadly lacking in a lot of these programmes . Haven't seen this one before though . Sad :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

crustybla wrote: »

I could only find up to episode 4 so gave up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I'm watching breaking bad

Edit: none of my links are copying. I might have a brain tumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It is so edited is right . I watch it when I go to bed , their droning on helps me to doze off for a an hour or two :D

Wyrn , yes it is harrowing at times .
    Makes you wonder why they thought it was ok to kill someone , or was it really an accident as some of them claim .
    Remorse or taking responsibility for their actions can be sadly lacking in a lot of these programmes . Haven't seen this one before though . Sad :( .

What did you think Mam? I really thought the young lad was going to be let out. I found myself kind of feeling sorry for him, bizarrely. The young girl though I wouldn't trust her at all. She didn't give two shltes.

anna080 wrote: »
    What did you think Mam? I really thought the young lad was going to be let out. I found myself kind of feeling sorry for him, bizarrely. The young girl though I wouldn't trust her at all. She didn't give two shltes.

It was a very odd one with him I thought tbh . Why couldn't answer Suzannah when she asked him Why he had killed her ? He was still hiding something I thought ?
    And the judge who had to decide whether or not to uphold the life sentence , I felt sorry for him , he was obviously distressed about the whole thing . I don't think we heard half the details tbh .

The girl , nope , nothing from her except pity for herself . What they did to the man they murdered was cold and heartless .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Horrified to see a new show on TLC called "Dr Pimple Popper" :eek:
    Think I'll be giving that one a miss

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So I see Google has removed the "view original image" tab from its Google image search.
    Tryna punish me for over using gifs.

So I see Google has removed the "view original image" tab from its Google image search.

Thank god I don't have a brain tumour. But the absolute ****ers I can't make gifs work now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seriously, how the fuck are Fin12, Deco and Mam gonna cope? It took us about 7 weeks to teach them how to gif properly and now this sis!?

skipper_G wrote: »
    But the absolute ****ers I can't make gifs work now

Right click on image. Copy image location. Paste. As you were, Skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Clear history /cookies /data....

Or just burn the device you use to post on this thread.:)

Omackeral wrote: »
    Right click on image. Copy image location. Paste. As you were, Skip.

Yeah but on the phone, do I just use my right hand ?

skipper_G wrote: »
    Yeah but on the phone, do I just use my right hand ?

I dunno but how proud are you of Jeff...
    Jeff2 wrote: »

Jeff2 wrote: »

If Google hadn't ****** me in the arse with the changes and I could get the fire gif on mobile I would. Nice work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

1200px-False_Coin_Problem.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So the old pros can't gif now?

200w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I was without internet access for a full 24 hours and I just about survived with my sanity intact :D

I put on survival of the fittest but gave up after ten minutes and read instead. Much more enjoyable.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Ninjini wrote: »
    I was without internet access for a full 24 hours and I just about survived with my sanity intact :D

I put on survival of the fittest but gave up after ten minutes and read instead. Much more enjoyable.

It's brutal isn't it ?

Can't beat a good book though !
    My bed companion every night :D

deco nate wrote: »
    So the old pros can't gif now?

200w.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4485241

It's brutal isn't it ?

Can't beat a good book though !
    My bed companion every night :D

Ah I’d read the back of the cornflakes box if I was stuck for a book :o
    Best present I ever received was a kindle.
    Any recommendations for something new to read Mam?

Survival of the fittest is just so boring. I’m surprised I made it to ten minutes tbh :D
    One of the girls had a fab pair of tear away/ popper trousers on that I want. That’s the best compliment I can muster for the show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I just finished The Stand by Stephen King for the second time. I feel so empty now that it's finished cos it's such a long book and I get so engrossed in the characters :o

I think I'll start Harry Potter again for the 8th or so time.

I <3 my kindle. Signed up for Kindle unlimited for £7.99 a month. I reckon it'll be well worth it.

I just finished The Stand by Stephen King for the second time. I feel so empty now that it's finished cos it's such a long book and I get so engrossed in the characters :o

I think I'll start Harry Potter again for the 8th or so time.

I <3 my kindle. Signed up for Kindle unlimited for £7.99 a month. I reckon it'll be well worth it.

I have an annual read through of Harry Potter, The Lord Of The Rings and Game Of Thrones. My OH is always mystified as to why I would want to keep reading the same material over and over.
    There was a recommended book on my kindle and I downloaded the sample chapter, it’s included free with kindle unlimited so I might try it for a month just to finish that book :o

I’ve only read two Stephen king books, the most recent was under the dome. I found the ending quite underwhelming :(

I have an annual read through of Harry Potter, The Lord Of The Rings and Game Of Thrones. My OH is always mystified as to why I would want to keep reading the same material over and over.
    There was a recommended book on my kindle and I downloaded the sample chapter, it’s included free with kindle unlimited so I might try it for a month just to finish that book :o

I do love LOTR but I couldn't read it every year, I'd prefer something a bit more sophisticated. I might break out my copy of the secret diaries of Adrian Mole aged 13 3/4
    KRhNTuo.gif

I’ve only read two Stephen king books, the most recent was under the dome. I found the ending quite underwhelming :(

Lol have done the same with HP and LOTR . I will read anything , apart from Mills and Boons aargh!!
    And I usually buy my books in the Charity shops , three for a euro , can't go wrong !!

Glad you can gif again skip :D

Although not quite as high brow, I did enjoy the world according to Norm series and diary of a wimpy kid that I borrowed from my son :o

I’ve read the LOTR every year since I was 18, it’s tradition :D

I will read nearly anything, I am partial to cheesy detective stories, especially if they are racing against time to stop a serial killer :D

Only thing I haven’t managed to finish was the girl with the dragon tattoo. I know loads of people have it on their must read lists, I just couldn’t get into it :o and I’m one of the few who managed to read all three fifty shades books :eek: :p

Glad you can gif again skip :D

Although not quite as high brow, I did enjoy the world according to Norm series and diary of a wimpy kid that I borrowed from my son :o

I’ve read the LOTR every year since I was 18, it’s tradition :D

I will read nearly anything, I am partial to cheesy detective stories, especially if they are racing against time to stop a serial killer :D

Only thing I haven’t managed to finish was the girl with the dragon tattoo. I know loads of people have it on their must read lists, I just couldn’t get into it :o and I’m one of the few who managed to read all three fifty shades books :eek: :p

Ooh , can't beat a good thriller !
    Jo Nesbro , Minette Walter, quite good reads :)

Fifty Shades Of !!!! , geez I thought they were so badly written lol , exciting my a** :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m reading Eleanor ophilant is completely fine at the moment

It’s a little depressing tbh.

Advertisement