Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ooh , can't beat a good thriller !
    Jo Nesbro , Minette Walter, quite good reads :)

Fifty Shades Of !!!! , geez I thought they were so badly written lol , exciting my a** :D

Fifty shades was awful, I still persevered as I hate not finishing a book once I’ve started :o
    The snowman is on my list, I just haven’t gotten to it yet :D

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’m reading Eleanor ophilant is completely fine at the moment

It’s a little depressing tbh.

I shall look out for this, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ninjini wrote: »
    Fifty shades was awful, I still persevered as I hate not finishing a book once I’ve started :o

Same here with reading a bad book , you hope it eventually will get better though :)

Sebastian Faulks , Birdsong , love that book .
    Not a thriller , set in the war , but a brilliant read tbh .

Anyhow , what's for watching at 9pm ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I shall look out for this, thanks :)

My New Years resolution was to watch less tv and read more
    So I started January by watching 7 seasons of the walking dead and celeb big brother.....

I’m starting over in February!!

My New Years resolution was to watch less tv and read more
    So I started January by watching 7 seasons of the walking dead and celeb big brother.....

I’m starting over in February!!

January doesn’t count :D
    I stopped watching the walking dead after four episodes last season, I miss Daryl :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

January doesn’t count :D
    I stopped watching the walking dead after four episodes last season, I miss Daryl :(

It's back in a couple of weeks. I'm going to wait until all the episodes air and watch them in one go. It's last chance saloon for me, if it's good I will watch the next season if not I'm done.

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's back in a couple of weeks. I'm going to wait until all the episodes air and watch them in one go. It's last chance saloon for me, if it's good I will watch the next season if not I'm done.

I’m feel the same, I reckon I’ll end up watching anyway after investing in it for so long, but Christ it was hard to make myself watch the last few series’.

I’m feel the same, I reckon I’ll end up watching anyway after investing in it for so long, but Christ it was hard to make myself watch the last few series’.

Yeah it was great to binge watch ( and Christ did I binge watch it) I’m not sure if I could keep watching week after week waiting for an episode...in other news I’m half way through dynasty on Netflix... it’s so bad but its great!!!

Yeah it was great to binge watch ( and Christ did I binge watch it) I’m not sure if I could keep watching week after week waiting for an episode...in other news I’m half way through dynasty on Netflix... it’s so bad but its great!!!

I’ve heard this season has been much better but I don’t hold out much hope :(

I saw dynasty pop up on Netflix, is it a reboot of the old show?

I’ve heard this season has been much better but I don’t hold out much hope :(

I saw dynasty pop up on Netflix, is it a reboot of the old show?

Ya it is! It’s very like revenge.... it’s shockingly bad but I’m not afraid to admit here among my fellow brithers that I love it :)

• Advertisement

Ya it is! It’s very like revenge.... it’s shockingly bad but I’m not afraid to admit here among my fellow brithers that I love it :)

I shall add it to my list. I love a bit of cheesy ott drama :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ooh , can't beat a good thriller !
    Jo Nesbro , Minette Walter, quite good reads :)

Fifty Shades Of !!!! , geez I thought they were so badly written lol , exciting my a** :D
    Have you read any of Patrica Gibney's books? She's a newish author from Mullingar but her books have been doing really well https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/100-000-sales-in-a-month-for-debut-irish-author-1.3079857

She took up writing after her husband died very young. The books are pretty good but they are quite dark and sad. The first book is called The Missing Ones. Plus the first book on Kindle is only 99p - bargain!

I shall add it to my list. I love a bit of cheesy ott drama :D
    Here's a nostaglic flashback of that infamous Dynasty scene (I feel old) with Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara from RuPaul's Drag Race. The song is quite catchy.

wyrn wrote: »
    Here's a nostaglic flashback of that infamous Dynasty scene (I feel old) with Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara from RuPaul's Drag Race. The song is quite catchy.

:D that was amazing. She really looked like the actress from dynasty when she wore the pink dress.

:D that was amazing. She really looked like the actress from dynasty when she wore the pink dress.
    Here's the original. Skip to 1:20

wyrn wrote: »
    Have you read any of Patrica Gibney's books? She's a newish author from Mullingar but her books have been doing really well https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/100-000-sales-in-a-month-for-debut-irish-author-1.3079857

She took up writing after her husband died very young. The books are pretty good but they are quite dark and sad. The first book is called The Missing Ones. Plus the first book on Kindle is only 99p - bargain!

Ah , thanks for that Wyrn , may look into caving and getting a kindle .
    Am very reluctant as I love everything about a physical book , turning the pages , then passing it on to someone else for them to enjoy :)
    Plus you can make things from books too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm reading Pirate Women. Can't make head nor tail of it though. It's all over the shop with cliches and tangents.
    Gobbledygook.

Am very reluctant as I love everything about a physical book , turning the pages , then passing it on to someone else for them to enjoy :)
    I was the same until I got one for Christmas a few years back and now I'm on my 3rd. I love it. Bring it everywhere with me. Last year I read over 200 books, so I'm definitely getting my moneys worth. I'm quite shy in real life, so it's great if I have to go somewhere to have my Kindle so I can look busy. I got the Kindle Fire so I can watch Netflix in bed. This is how exciting my life is at the moment.

You can buy the physical book in Easons but it's about 9 quid.

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm reading Pirate Women. Can't make head nor tail of it though. It's all over the shop with cliches and tangents.
    Gobbledygook.
    I haven't read that. I've just finished the Clovenhoof series. It's gas. Satan fails his performance review so he's forced to retire from hell and ends up living in a flat in the suburbs outside of Birmingham. He becomes friends with his neighbour who owns the 2nd hand book shop who makes battle figures and the Welsh man eater neighbour from upstairs. They get into lots of scrapes and the devil learns that his favourite food is crispy pancakes!

St Micheal pops in from time to time but is super sanctimonious for an angel. There's also a fair few committee meetings between Heaven and Hell which include St Peter, Archangel Gabriel, Joan or Arc, Mother Teresa who is taking notes. It's a fun book to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

jluv wrote: »
    I could only find up to episode 4 so gave up:(
    Found more episodes so back in!!
    I only got set up on Netflix at Christmas so I'm years behind on everyone:P On season 2 of Orange is the New Black..liking it..
    Love a good read too though..

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Gobbledygook.

:D:D

Must be something like the cooking programme , Pioneer Woman , who shows you how to feed people when they're starving hungry . From working on the homesteads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Mam, you don't have to buy a Kindle, if you have an android phone you can download the Kindle App from the Play Store.... Lots of free books on there to. :)

Mam, you don't have to buy a Kindle, if you have an android phone you can download the Kindle App from the Play Store.... Lots of free books on there to. :)

Never thought if that , am embarrassed now..

Thank you :)

Never thought if that , am embarrassed now..

Thank you :)

Don't be embarrassed, I, meself thought you had to buy a Kindle to read the books..... I was like you, wanting to read a real book.... I used to use the library but I'm a slow reader and would panic if I didn't have the book back to the library on time.. :)

Don't be embarrassed, I, meself thought you had to buy a Kindle to read the books..... I was like you, wanting to read a real book.... I used to use the library but I'm a slow reader and would panic if I didn't have the book back to the library on time.. :)

I carry a book with me everywhere , always one in the car , usually sit reading when son's at his appointments , escapism :)

Glad you don't feel under pressure now to have the books back on time Colly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I've a Kobo, similar to a kindle. I'd be lost without it. Reading Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) Horns at the mo. It's a handy read, easy going. Oh I love The Stand, one of my all time faves. Always good to go back to.
    That Dynasty clip was class Wyrn. Those were the days!:D

I carry a book with me everywhere , always one in the car , usually sit reading when son's at his appointments , escapism :)

Glad you don't feel under pressure now to have the books back on time Colly :)

I don't drive but if I'm chauffeured anywhere I just cruise the Net, I could never read a book while waiting for someone, I have to be at home alone and have no distractions or impurtetunts.......

By the way, I just read True Crime... Have a heap of them on me kindle I've still get around to reading.

I don't drive but if I'm chauffeured anywhere I just cruise the Net, I could never read a book while waiting for someone, I have to be at home alone and have no distractions or impurtetunts.......

By the way, I just read True Crime... Have a heap of them on me kindle I've still get around to reading.

I've a heap of True Crime magazines here if anyone wants them ?!
    Loads of time to read quietly with no distraction waiting on him tbh , tis grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Oh god, dont bother with The Snowman, it was rubbish. :mad:
    I just read Alias Grace and it was a great read, great pacing and very visual (like a lot of Margaret Atwoods books).

Anyone else like "Botched"?
    Im not super fond of Nassiff (didnt care too much for him in RHOBH) but the stories are fascinating

• Advertisement

crustybla wrote: »
    I've a Kobo, similar to a kindle. I'd be lost without it. Reading Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) Horns at the mo. It's a handy read, easy going. Oh I love The Stand, one of my all time faves. Always good to go back to.
    That Dynasty clip was class Wyrn. Those were the days!:D

Didn't read that one , must look it up .

Is it bad that I remember watching the original Dynasty ?!
    And Falcon Crest , Knots Landing , time to shut up now.....:D

Advertisement