Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

skipper_G wrote: »
    I'm watching a controversial documentary.....

'Making a murderer'

james-franco-wink.gif
    Totally serious though, I got really upset when Brendan Dassey just wanted to watch Wrestlemania and didn't realise how his life was going to drastically change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wyrn wrote: »
    I'm watching season 2 (just released) of Secret City. It's a bit like an Australian version of House of Cards. There's a nosy journalist and shady politicians - it's very clever without being pretentious. I'm really liking it. I did start laughing though and think of this thread - there's a guy in S2 from Glitch (again another Australian show where the dead have come back to life) and I instantly thought of Mam (for the Glitch part, not the reanimated corpses bit).

Loving Season 11 of Drag Race!

Oh I really liked glitch! Il give secret city a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh I really liked glitch! Il give secret city a go!
    I loved the Irish fella in it. He had a great arc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wyrn wrote: »
    I loved the Irish fella in it. He had a great arc

A great what!??!!?

oh arc...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Omackeral wrote: »
    A great what!??!!?

oh arc...

I thought it was arse at first glance :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Walking into this thread like...

Now we can play the forbidden music.

jka8h1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was asked to post this...
    <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just deleted a load of posts either discussing sitebanned users or quoting them. No more of that sort of stuff

Thanks

Back OT, has anyone seen this Michael Jackson documentary? It’s harrowing. Awful how it was all allowed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Back OT, has anyone seen this Michael Jackson documentary? It’s harrowing. Awful how it was all allowed happen.

Yep the parents shouldn't have put their kids in that position, regardless of any allegations being made. The fact that a mother allowed her child to be in a bedroom with a man for hours on end, listening at the door as if she had no right to know what was going on.... **** that. My blood was boiling at how the parents pimped out their children. Big grins in all the photos, delighted to be with a celebrity, couldn't give a **** about protecting their child though.

• Advertisement

neonsofa wrote: »
    Yep the parents shouldn't have put their kids in that position, regardless of any allegations being made. The fact that a mother allowed her child to be in a bedroom with a man for hours on end, listening at the door as if she had no right to know what was going on.... **** that. My blood was boiling at how the parents pimped out their children. Big grins in all the photos, delighted to be with a celebrity, couldn't give a **** about protecting their child though.

Did you watch Abducted at Plain Sight? It reminded me so much of that. The parents were so in the wrong, it made my blood boil. However there’s no excusing MJ. Regardless of his childhood or his upbringing he was still an adult who completely manipulated and brainwashed these vulnerable children :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

neonsofa wrote: »

Did you watch Abducted at Plain Sight? It reminded me so much of that. The parents were so in the wrong, it made my blood boil. However there’s no excusing MJ. Regardless of his childhood or his upbringing he was still an adult who completely manipulated and brainwashed these vulnerable children :mad:

That documentary made me furious. Especially the way the mother grinned lovingly when discussing the guy.

Nobody knows what happened re the allegations but one thing is for sure, if the parents hadn't pimped out their kids to a celebrity they barely knew, allowing unlimited unsupervised access, he wouldn't have had any opportunity to do what is being alleged. It's disappointing. We can't watch kids 24/7 and unfortunately horrific things happen no matter how diligent parents are but the parents in that MJ doc were on another level.

It is Baltic out there , car frozen over .
    That's my exciting Diary Room news for the evening , riveting stuff ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It is Baltic out there , car frozen over .
    That's my exciting Diary Room news for the evening , riveting stuff ..

This grand here, about 2°. :)

At least there was no snow.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    This grand here, about 2°. :)

At least there was no snow.

We had sneachta on and off today but it didn't stick , thankfully !

I'v been learning Irish on Duolingo app and two weeks got better that I did in school many many years ago.

Maybe some could pick a language to learn in their spare time and post progress rather than kicking off.

Irish has got so modern since my day learning it.

BTW I checked and Spanish seems the easiest to learn.

BTW I checked and Spanish seems the easiest to learn.

I can't keep up with most of the English words , let alone a foreign language Jeff :o

Fair dues to you for learning Irish again !

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rfrip wrote: »
    So in other news, I’m watching the new Ricky Gervais series on Netflix, after life.

It’s both heartbreaking and hilarious...I’m exhausted

I have tears from crying and laughing from Afterlife

Next up Derry Girls and White Gold

I'v been learning Irish on Duolingo app and two weeks got better that I did in school many many years ago.

Maybe some could pick a language to learn in their spare time and post progress rather than kicking off.

Irish has got so modern since my day learning it.

Is homosexuality new to irish?? :confused: :pac:

Duolingo is good for learning basics. Before holidays in Majorca a few years ago Mack spent a few months learning Spanish through the app and when we were there he had decent basic conversational skills and used the language as often as possible, and the locals loved it. After that he did proper Spanish lessons and we went on a couple more holidays to Spanish-speaking places and he always got such a grateful reception from people in restaurants, shops, etc, that he was making the effort. I was able to learn a few things too, mainly how to order a glass of wine :pac:

I tried irish through Duolingo but got a bit bored. I went to an irish primary school and used to be fluent but it’s worn off over the years. The app is good for vocabulary but not for grammar/sentence structure. We’re going to Portugal in a few weeks so wanted to learn a bit before we went but didn’t keep it up, oops. Must try again before we go cos I hate going to a country and not having even a few phrases.

• Advertisement

Is homosexuality new to irish?? :confused: :pac:

When I was learning in school years ago I'd have got a beaten by the nun if I asked the translation for that.

Relatively seeking its probably why I never learned.

Kolido , reading the threads on the latest game , and all I can say is thank lordie I couldn't play , I'd actually cry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kolido , reading the threads on the latest game , and all I can say is thank lordie I couldn't play , I'd actually cry :D

What you left me there alone to the wolves :eek: :(:p I think I could be real lynched

Always get your bit ediquite (no idea if spelt right) right.

While here it's a euphemism for sex nights others think not. :D

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/who-are-devoy-family-at-centre-of-feuding-in-dublin-s-ballymun-1.3190013?mode=amp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What you left me there alone to the wolves :eek: :(:p I think I could be real lynched

Lol sorry Liz , have fun !
    It's very confusing to read .

It's oh so quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

It's oh so quiet...

Bin night!

Kolido wrote: »
    Bin night!

Dammit , forgot it was Tuesday again .

Wouldn't you think they'd change the days , just to spice it up a bit :D

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Bin night!

Sure look at what bottler out in ballymun got up over bins.:)

Out with his gun the other day again.

I was witching prime time on RTE and the guy presenter outside was doing a pelvic motion while interviewing 3 people.
    Funny as.
    Looked like cam crew tried to tell hem to stop and he's going "shrug shoulders".

It's about 25 minutes in if you watch it on RTE 1 +1

Advertisement