Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s snipmas time, there’s no need to be afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

CHRISTMAS !!

It's only a word like any other , you can either get caught up in it or not , there's no right or wrong way , imo anyway , plus I'm glitched again , so am posting **** to try unglitch it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Happy holidays everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I am absolutely dreading it this year. Nothing bad or sad, I just have my reasons. Roll on the 10th of January for me. Sorry to be Scrooge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

wyrn wrote: »
    I am absolutely dreading it this year. Nothing bad or sad, I just have my reasons. Roll on the 10th of January for me. Sorry to be Scrooge.

Me too. Dont say sorry! I'm a scrooge with you!

My little one is so excited about it and the more she goes on about how excited she is the more i am just dreading it. Cannot wait til January 1st. Will enjoy the time off work once all the festivities are done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Working Christmas night and Stephen's Night myself so really not arsed about it either. This thread can be the support group sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

neonsofa wrote: »
    Me too. Dont say sorry! I'm a scrooge with you!

My little one is so excited about it and the more she goes on about how excited she is the more i am just dreading it. Cannot wait til January 1st. Will enjoy the time off work once all the festivities are done.

Same....not my fave time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If I'm being totally honest , I think Christmas can be a very lonely , sad time . I've four beautiful grandladies now , so on goes the happy face and building the excitement for Santa with them .
    Doesn't mean I don't have quiet moments when I look forward to it being over tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

'Tis the season

yb.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is the only thread I thought it would be safe to come to without the C word... Feck off with yous to the Christmas forum. :mad:

He's right... join us... we'll keep any Christmas loving folk safe and dry on the lifeboat that is the Christmas Forum :D

• Advertisement

IBC, (and anyone else who is a savaholic) Lidl, €6.99
    Tis good

aMOJ8UU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Must check that one out. Though I hope it's not over 12%, I'm just not able to drink.

They do a lovely Pino Grigio Rose too for €5.99. Wouldn’t usually like Rose but this one is fab!

They do a lovely Pino Grigio Rose too for €5.99. Wouldn’t usually like Rose but this one is fab!

I love rose. Can't drink red wine as it gives me migraines. Love white wine.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I love rose. Can't drink red wine as it gives me migraines. Love white wine.

i love all wine, except it doesnt love me.........yet it doesnt stop me!!

I hate cats

I only like the ones that talk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I only like the ones that talk

The cool cats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Rfrip wrote: »
    I hate cats
    ElegantTallBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement

I hate cats

Sis, snap, we're the same person

Omackeral wrote: »

Nope....still hate them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Dogs are more fun and better just in every way

Nope....still hate them!!

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I love cats, and I want to adopt one. I had one years ago when I was living in a house with a garden, but I had to leave it behind when I moved to an apartment, I was so upset.... If anyone has a kitten that I can take in, let me know.... You know what, I cared more about that cat than I did some of my family.

I love cats, and I want to adopt one. I had one years ago when I was living in a house with a garden, but I had to leave it behind when I moved to an apartment, I was so upset.... If anyone has a kitten that I can take in, let me know.... You know what, I cared more about that cat than I did some of my family.

Phibsboro Cat Rescue on Facebook are absolute angels. They do such good work and always have beautiful little babies up for adoption. I'm a patron of theirs and love seeing any of them find loving homes. I called in sick for two days when I got my little guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Colly many people keep house cats that are trained to poo in a tray on the floor.

You can have a cat in apartment if you have that and scratching post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Omackeral wrote: »
    Phibsboro Cat Rescue on Facebook are absolute angels. They do such good work and always have beautiful little babies up for adoption. I'm a patron of theirs and love seeing any of them find loving homes. I called in sick for two days when I got my little guy :)

I had a look at the Phibsboro Cat Rescue, Mac, they all seem to be mature cats, I can't take a mature cat into an apartment that is used to the outdoors... I did get in touch with the Rathfarham cat home, they said they only have kittens at certain times of year.

Advertisement