Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You the real beast from the east, Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Jeff2 wrote: »
    In not looking forward to the snow but have stocked up and just need one more walk (or taxi) to the shops.
    I won't go out at all if it's snow or ice.

But people like me should be ready so bring it on for fun to all that like it. :)

Tis the frost I hate Jeff , treacherous stuff!
    But organised here too except I will have to go out in it , but sure , can always slide my way down to me da's house , Super Gran :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Twisteddoddles nailed it
    DW6stiZWkAEk3g8.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I haven't prepared for anything. I generally favour the 'ah sure it'll be grand approach'. If snowmageddon does come then I can always resort to looting

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm not prepared at all. I live pretty close to the city and within walking distance of shops so I'm just presuming it'll be grand like. I haven't even stocked up on emergency Sauvignon blanc. We were told to bring our laptops home every night just in case (although I didn't bother this evening cos there won't be snow til at least tomorrow evening). But I've got my fingers crossed that the Luas will stop running for at least one day so I can get an aul snow day!

• Advertisement

I haven't prepared for anything. The night before Ophelia I went to the shops and there was nothing left so I left with a bag of haribo and bottle of wine #priorities
    This time I shall try and be more organised.
    The weather forum is crazy. Day after tomorrow type of high net hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

My boiler decided to stop working this evening. The OH's brother is a plumber but is not answering his phone. Bloody typical. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

My birthday is Wednesday, fingers crossed its a snow day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Be grand like. Just in case it’s not though, if anyone is needing one last poke or a reach around or whatevs, just call me, 1-800-put-out-the-bins

Went to put the bin out, it's a bit chilly
    tenor.gif?itemid=4953077

• Advertisement

Be grand like. Just in case it’s not though, if anyone is needing one last poke or a reach around or whatevs, just call me, 1-800-put-out-the-bins

I put out the bins tonight without even being asked. In fact before Mack even got home from work. *proud*

anna080 wrote: »
    I haven't prepared for anything. The night before Ophelia I went to the shops and there was nothing left so I left with a bag of haribo and bottle of wine #priorities

I just feel like I'll be disappointed if I build it up, so I'm keeping my expectations low and acting like nothing is going to happen. So if I do die from starvation or exposure, at least I'll have been pleasantly surprised.

I'm a fan of your priorities btw.

My boiler decided to stop working this evening. The OH's brother is a plumber but is not answering his phone. Bloody typical. :mad:

Oh no :( hope you get it sorted asap. If not I'll share my heated blanket with you. You're small right?

I never answer my phone to family, texting is you're friend

deco nate wrote: »
    I never answer my phone to family, texting is you're friend

Are you one of those people who stares at the phone until it stops ringing and then texts them to say what do you want? My brither!

Are you one of those people who stares at the phone until it stops ringing and then texts them to say what do you want? My brither!

Texts..... Did you just call me?...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I can confirm,yes I can confirm it is not snowing on north Dublin city as I just walked the Dog.

:D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I can confirm,yes I can confirm it is not snowing on north Dublin city as I just walked the Dog.

:D

Who needs Evelyn Cusack when we have you and your doggy bringing the truth!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tis the frost I hate Jeff , treacherous stuff!
    But organised here too except I will have to go out in it , but sure , can always slide my way down to me da's house , Super Gran :D

Those water meter covers freeze first and are to be avioded.:(

Ahh the things one learns in these threads so as to avoid someone interrupting you watching CBB.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm going to take emergency bad weather measures tomorrow - 2 pairs of socks!

Might have to crack out the thermal vests

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Me toes are numb. I need extra socks too.

Me toes are numb. I need extra socks too.

Ok people it's confirmed its a keep socks on for the night.:)

Btw I'v lost the cap for my hot water bottle.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I just saw Shortney in a Little Mix video

As soon as I stepped outside this morning my toes were cold :( should have worn socks between my tights and runners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think I just saw Shortney in a Little Mix video

He was in the “power” video. One of the drag queens with Jade outside the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The heating is fixed thankfully and it didn't cost a fortune. Unfortunately as the boiler is 12 years old he said once things start breaking other things will follow. But I'm warm and cosy for now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The heating is fixed thankfully and it didn't cost a fortune. Unfortunately as the boiler is 12 years old he said once things start breaking other things will follow. But I'm warm and cosy for now. :D

Once it gets you through snowmageddon that's all that counts !!

Ah no , hopefully nothing breaks for a long time again :)

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    My birthday is Wednesday, fingers crossed its a snow day:D

I know it's a day early but just in case snowmageddon means an end to civilisation as we know it I just thought I'd put this here for ya buddy
    tenor.gif?itemid=5887534

Advertisement