Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I should have looted more snacks and beer. Also working from home sucks the almightiest of balls, can't have a snow day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Boards blocking my from posting this evening.

Yea it worked.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Morning all, hope you all survived storm Emma/beast from the east. We've got a good accumulation of snow here and it's quite windy. I can't open my back door so I'm going to to get dressed and bring the dog for a walk or I'll have this looking at me all day.

tenor.gif?itemid=5439366

I dug out the back door this morning, just a couple of feet of snow. The front is crazy, the car has turned into a double decker with the top half made of snow :eek: Oh and there's also a two foot high snow drift at the front door. We need a thaw soon or the end is nigh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whats the story back home, seems the country has come to a standstill with a couple cms of snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Went outside to measure, over a foot of snow. Could barely get the door open because the snow drifted right up to it. Got a few cool snaps and now to stay indoors for the rest of the day.

Kolido wrote: »
    Whats the story back home, seems the country has come to a standstill with a couple cms of snow?
    Couple? I've had over 30cm of snow. Not sure how much because I didn't have a big enough ruler. I'd say it was nearly 40cm in some parts of my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

i-will-not-be-coming-to-work-today-funny-snow-pictures.jpg

My phone is dead.....

eOnm6rk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Kolido wrote: »

Definitely more then a couple of cms where I am in Dublin. It's snowing again and the wind his fairly sting out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Went out to get coal , the snow nearly eating me alive , up to my knees in a drift in the yard ..

Internet gone , currently watching a robin eating her porridge oats on the window sill :)

Stay safe all.

I dug the car out of the 4 foot snow drift and went for a quick spin at lunch time, it's not that bad outside

GiantInsidiousBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

It's mental alright. The dog disappeared under the snow and dug a tunnel. Very funny, he loves it. I'm raging though because I couldn't go out in it today, fighting a losing battle with a demon of a sinus infection, haven't had a drink in daaayyyyyssssss. Hubby and kids are having a ball. There's no let up today at all.
    Glad you're all ok anyway. Hope those of you with no leccy get it back soon. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There's one thing I really need to know..

Jeff , did you or did you not walk the dog last night.....:D

crustybla wrote: »
    It's mental alright. The dog disappeared under the snow and dug a tunnel. Very funny, he loves it. I'm raging though because I couldn't go out in it today, fighting a losing battle with a demon of a sinus infection, haven't had a drink in daaayyyyyssssss. Hubby and kids are having a ball. There's no let up today at all.
    Glad you're all ok anyway. Hope those of you with no leccy get it back soon. Nightmare.

Spare a thought for any people with a white dog :pac:

I had a sinus infection last year, it was surprisingly painful, felt like my head was going to explode. So I really hope you get well soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've ran out of bread and Tayto cheese and onion, help me

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

skipper_G wrote: »
    Spare a thought for any people with a white dog :pac:

I had a sinus infection last year, it was surprisingly painful, felt like my head was going to explode. So I really hope you get well soon :)

Thanks Skip, that's exactly it. It's unbelievable.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Thanks Skip, that's exactly it. It's unbelievable.:(

Think the change in air pressure flares them up too. Been having a lot of sinus trouble here too. You poor thing. Try steaming.

neonsofa wrote: »
    Think the change in air pressure flares them up too. Been having a lot of sinus trouble here too. You poor thing. Try steaming.

Note: not the Cleveland variety

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

skipper_G wrote: »
    Note: not the Cleveland variety

Well I thought that would take her mind off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mack Dogg is stuck in freaking jail for the second night in a row and I didn’t even kill anyone. That’s bad enough but then there’s the possibility of IBC alone with loads of wine, she can’t be trusted the lushbag

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    There's one thing I really need to know..

Jeff , did you or did you not walk the dog last night.....:D

Haven't walked her in days and she gets hyper if not walked.:)

I had to clear snow from the back yard because it was higher than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ah you poor thing :( Hope you feel better before the snow is gone so you can get to have fun with the kids!
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Mack Dogg is stuck in freaking jail for the second night in a row and I didn’t even kill anyone. That’s bad enough but then there’s the possibility of IBC alone with loads of wine, she can’t be trusted the lushbag

There's not much I can do on a night like tonight...more's the pity :rolleyes::p

We should all go round to IBC and have an epic party with Melted Wellies and Fat Frogs. It'll be like that film, 200 Cigarettes (such a brilliant underrated film) and Mack can be Martha Plimpton
    who wakes up to find she's missed the party :D

wyrn wrote: »
    We should all go round to IBC and have an epic party with Melted Wellies and Fat Frogs. It'll be like that film, 200 Cigarettes (such a brilliant underrated film) and Mack can be Martha Plimpton
    who wakes up to find she's missed the party :D

The Ruddmeister rocking the sh1t of those sideburns

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's so weird in the big house right now, I feel like a cbb contestant. All the prisoners are suffering from cabin fever too. We couldn't even let them out of their cells today because there's literally three dozen staff and they'd have us outnumbered massively. When I said it was my second night in a row, I meant that I haven't left! Some staff have been here since tuesday night. #Pray4TheScrews

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My local Spar was open so I managed to get some wine \o/
    Not my fav though. How and ever, the pest from the West is happy.

I'v not been out since midday Tuesday and decided to risk the walk to the shops.
    Bordering idiots were closed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

anna080 wrote: »
    My local Spar was open so I managed to get some wine \o/
    Not my fav though. How and ever, the pest from the West is happy.

My friend walked to my house and brought me wine <3

And chocolate and crisps <3

I cooked her dinner to say thanks.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's so weird in the big house right now, I feel like a cbb contestant. All the prisoners are suffering from cabin fever too. We couldn't even let them out of their cells today because there's literally three dozen staff and they'd have us outnumbered massively. When I said it was my second night in a row, I meant that I haven't left! Some staff have been here since tuesday night. #Pray4TheScrews
    A family member is stuck working in a prison this weekend too. Are we related :D

Advertisement