Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My friend walked to my house and brought me wine <3

And chocolate and crisps <3

I cooked her dinner to say thanks.

Your friend sounds beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I was reading that waiting for the he or him but then read her.:)
    I thought you were taking the piss outa Mach.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That is friendship

tumblr_m0w3wturqz1rn9dhso2_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wyrn wrote: »
    A family member is stuck working in a prison this weekend too. Are we related :D
    Omackeral wrote: »
    We actually hate each other, we're only staying together for the sake of the kids(EOTR and deco nate)

Not unless you're also related to these two jabronis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

On the last bottle of wine so reaching crisis point:eek:
    But seriously,have had a LOT of snow here and am so glad that we didn't lose power. Snowed all day here but hope thats the end of it. looking forward to getting out tomorrow..
    But the wine is still a concern:D

• Advertisement

I don't mean to bored this happy thread but the reason I'm worried about going out in this weather is because a few years ago a Doctor told me that if I slip or fall I would likely fracture my hip.

I'm not trying to start talking about this but the prognosis is not so good when over 50 as I am.
    Stay in then and I can walk my dog next week or risk walking her in this. Only one choice.:)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_fracture

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I don't mean to bored this happy thread but the reason I'm worried about going out in this weather is because a few years ago a Doctor told me that if I slip or fall I would likely fracture my hip.

I'm not trying to start talking about this but the prognosis is not so good when over 50 as I am.
    Stay in then and I can walk my dog next week or risk walking her in this. Only one choice.:)

Ah Jeff , I was only joking when I asked about walking the dog , sorry if you thought I was being serious :(

Your health and safety is the priority , the dog will survive without the walk until the weather clears .

Stay safe , we need you to keep posting funny clips :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

You're dead right to take your safety as a priority. Any of us could slip easily. I nearly damaged my ankle badly yesterday. I was walking and managed to walk off the curb onto the road without realising and went over on my ankle. I was grand but just the wrong angle and it would have definitely snapped.

Also I was reading that the cold is affecting pets paws too. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I didn't think you were a day over 23 Jeff ;)

Seriously though mind yourself! Doggy will be fine, she'll get over not going for a few days :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah Jeff , I was only joking when I asked about walking the dog , sorry if you thought I was being serious :(

Your health and safety is the priority , the dog will survive without the walk until the weather clears .

Stay safe , we need you to keep posting funny clips :p

Yeah I know mam I just wanted to say it so people know the risk.

• Advertisement

The end of the world is here. There’s no audience in the late late! They should have invited us giff gang

• Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's so weird in the big house right now, I feel like a cbb contestant. All the prisoners are suffering from cabin fever too. We couldn't even let them out of their cells today because there's literally three dozen staff and they'd have us outnumbered massively. When I said it was my second night in a row, I meant that I haven't left! Some staff have been here since tuesday night. #Pray4TheScrews

I read that as #Pray4AScrew :o

Sorry if I brought a downer on the thread.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I read that as #Pray4AScrew :o

Pay...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

****ing hell, Lidl getting demolished (literally) by scumbags.. WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jesus and here I was about moaning about snowballs from the green out front hitting the house. Glad they didn't have access to a JCB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

as some one said on another thread, "Lidl Cnuts"!

I hope Lidl Wayne is ok

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Lidl Wayne is ok

He'll be swinging his leg with the now hip around knocking everyone flying.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

:pac:Jeff2 I imagined you to be a fairly hip young fella in your 20's. I'm a bit disappointed.
    You didn't put a downer on the thread, it's the diary room after all, all opinions/rants/slagging welcome. Well most anyway.
    Omack, I've been thinking about you in the prison, being outnumbered by felons. Are they shouting abuse and stuff because they're not let out of their cells? Jeez, not an easy job ye have there. I'm guessing you'd need a thick skin and a sense of humour.:eek:
    It's funny how I imagine you all, y'know like you'd imagine how a dj on the radio looks, and they never look how you imagine they would.
    Apologies, my sinus is obviously affecting my brain.:D

Go on Lidl Waynelfie

th?id=OIP.rp4784j6t288ZF73b40D4AHaGc&pid=15.1&P=0&w=197&h=173

I’m curious about yere accents! :pac:
    Any fellow boggers among us?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

anna080 wrote: »

o/

Although I live in Dublin and my bf's a howiya, I'm from Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Call me hunzo

****ing hell, Lidl getting demolished (literally) by scumbags.. WTF!

I posted here this evening about the shops being closed here and I think the shops were on to it.

So they go bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What do you call a midlands accent ? :confused::P

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Lads lads a couple of jokes I robbed from the LLS thread. Ahem, here goes.

What do you call a snowman with a sixpack?

An abdominal snowman.

My fave this one...

How do you find Will Smith in the snow?

You look for Fresh Prints. Geddit??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Jeff I always imagined you as in your early 20s- you're obviously young at heart! Look after yourself!
    Anna sorry to disappoint but it's an ugly flat Dublin accent I have, although most Dubliners say I sound English.
    Love the Lidl Wayne elf pics!

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What do you call a midlands accent ? :confused::P

Fairly neutral I’d say? I’d say I’ve a neutral Galway accent but if I’m around my mother long enough I sound pure muck altogether. She’s one of those who throws in the odd bit of Gaeilge mid sentence

Advertisement