Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

anna080 wrote: »
    I’m curious about yere accents! :pac:
    Any fellow boggers among us?

Sadly I'm cursed with a Waterford accent girl.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fairly neutral I’d say? I’d say I’ve a neutral Galway accent but if I’m around my mother long enough I sound pure muck altogether. She’s one of those who throws in the odd bit of Gaeilge mid sentence

So basically no accent ??

F!ck that , I may practice sounding like Hyacinth Bouquet or something now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Fairly neutral I’d say? I’d say I’ve a neutral Galway accent but if I’m around my mother long enough I sound pure muck altogether. She’s one of those who throws in the odd bit of Gaeilge mid sentence

Oh I love people who do this. My friend is originally from Nigeria and she always randonly speaks as gaeilge and people look at her funny, she's a funny lady, proper Dublin accent too.

I have a friend from Galway, love her accent.

Goodnight folks, book and bed time. Mind yourselves.x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I always say I've a neutral accent too. I think I do, and from the area of Meath I'm from a lot of people speak similarly. But I often get told that I've a posh Dublin accent, in fact I'm bullied daily over it (I wonder who by :rolleyes:) and told it's fake and all :o but it's not! (Phonetically - "it's nosh!")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Apparently I sound like Chris o dowd, which is weird as I’m not from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I have a mangled mix of an accent. Grew up in England but lost the English accent over the years. Now people think I’m from Dublin. I blame my OH as he’s from Dublin. I actually couldn’t understand some of what he said when we first met :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

crustybla wrote: »
    I have a friend from Galway, love her accent.

Maybe it’s ME

Although, all my friends live in my phone :/

• Advertisement

Maybe it’s ME

Lol. You don't have friends.

Damn, I just saw your second post after I posted. Now my reply isn't as funny.

Meh...I'm gonna go with it.

In other news, boards wasn't working on my phone so I turned on my work laptop to use it. I stupidly opened my emails cos I'd sent something to my boss at about 4pm that she wanted to send to a client today. I wanted to log off early today because I wanted to enjoy the snow, but I was waiting for her to come back to me with changes. She never did, and then she logged off at 5pm so I did the same. I just decided to re-read the email that I sent her and I realised I never included the attachment. There were two other people copied on the email...internal people thankfully, but they're in other departments and I don't know them. I know it's not a big deal but it's something I want to fix straight away...but I can't send an "oops forgot the attachment" email at nearly midnight on a Friday >.< So it'll be nagging at me all weekend now!!!

Lol. You don't have friends.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

My storage heaters aren't working tonight, no lights coming on on them at the usual time, no response when I turn the dial up, I won't feel the effect until tomorrow, I have portable heaters but I think it may effect the hot water, I think they're both connected... :( Anyone else experience this and have any hacks on how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Wouldn't have a clue. The heating is on too much here, I've downgraded to a strappy top and one pair of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

o/

Although I live in Dublin and my bf's a howiya, I'm from Meath.

Meath, yeah the Dublin 4 annexation of it maybe. Pretentious sounding, wine swilling animal you are. My 6 year old nephew rips the p*ss out of your accent and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

My storage heaters aren't working tonight, no lights coming on on them at the usual time, no response when I turn the dial up, I won't feel the effect until tomorrow, I have portable heaters but I think it may effect the hot water, I think they're both connected... :( Anyone else experience this and have any hacks on how to fix it?

Blown fuse? Have a look at your fuse box, if one of the switches is not in line with the others flick it the same way

Omackeral wrote: »
    Meath, yeah the Dublin 4 annexation of it maybe. Pretentious sounding, wine swilling animal you are. My 6 year old nephew rips the p*ss out of your accent and everything.

Rude.

Awh you two are missing each other <3

It’s gonna be some reunion when Mack gets outta jail.

Awh you two are missing each other <3

It’s gonna be some reunion when Mack gets outta jail.

If she waits for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've watched LA to Vegas and now going watch Airplane 1 and maybe 2

th?id=OIP.jYNIrPfVAEi5ibq3nnDsXgHaEI&pid=15.1&P=0&w=310&h=174

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

deco nate wrote: »
    Blown fuse? Have a look at your fuse box, if one of the switches is not in line with the others flick it the same way

No, Deco, they're all pointing up.

No, Deco, they're all pointing up.

Throw on some heat with the other heater. You can't go tonight without any then wrap up in bed and sort it tomorrow. Temperatures will be rising over the next few days anyway.

Is she waits for me...

Well, I’m not one for starting rumours but apparently she had someone over tonight and they brought wine.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Well, I’m not one for starting rumours but apparently she had someone over tonight and they brought wine.

That's the equivalent of bringing her a bottle of wine, wouldn't read anything into it.

Use tinypic Jeff.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    My dog

Link doesn’t work for me Jeff! Is it really your dog or are you being a pup again? :D

• Advertisement

That's the equivalent of bringing her a bottle of wine, wouldn't read anything into it.

When will they let you out of jail, pass Go and collect 200 pound?

Advertisement