Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Jeff your dog is adorable <3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sitting here tryna guess what Mam’s real name is. I’m going with Tila Tequila.

neonsofa wrote: »
    Jeff your dog is adorable <3

So well walked looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Waher , buhher ...

Always wondered why I couldn't pronounce my own name properly , now I know :D

I hate pronouncing my name mam cause if I pronounce it correctly I sound very posh but if I don't I'm pronouncing it wrong! And I have to introduce myself in work like 20 times a day :( I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

anna080 wrote: »
    Sitting here tryna guess what Mam’s real name is. I’m going with Tila Tequila.

It's Lahesha .....not .

Still not it , even with a T !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm gonna go with Henrietta (Henrieha in that accent).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It's probably something exotic like Margariha :D

Ye have me in knots here !!

Mariehha biccies anyone ??

And no , it's not that eider
    (deliberate mispelling to keep win with the theme btw):D

neonsofa wrote: »
    I hate pronouncing my name mam cause if I pronounce it correctly I sound very posh but if I don't I'm pronouncing it wrong! And I have to introduce myself in work like 20 times a day :( I feel your pain!

Ha it's brutal isn't it ?

We both definitely must sound like Mrs Bouquet on the phone...:)

Ye have me in knots here !!

Mariehha biccies anyone ??

And no , it's not that eider
    (deliberate mispelling to keep win with the theme btw):D

8vpeyWA3OWOhG.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I know Mam’s real name *feels so smug*

I’ve been out shovelling snow for 2 hours and barely made an impact. I’m in bits. I don’t know which is more broken - my back or my spirit

wyrn wrote: »
    I’ve been out shovelling snow for 2 hours and barely made an impact. I’m in bits. I don’t know which is more broken - my back or my spirit

I feel your pain. Been watching my neighbours do the same for ages and they look wrecked and deflated. I am staying in hibernation mode

Well, I already know Mam’s real name so jokes on all youse.
    She’s Twink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

All the lovely snow is melting away :( I tried to get the kids to make a snowman the other day but the little feckers said it was too cold to stay out. They threw a few snowballs then went back inside. I don’t know what I did to fail this badly as a parent?

Jeff your dog is a little dote.

Well, I already know Mam’s real name so jokes on all youse.
    She’s Twink

Shouldn't that have been.......;);)

skipper_G wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Been watching my neighbours do the same for ages and they look wrecked and deflated. I am staying in hibernation mode
    Just in from round 2. I don't think I'll ever be warm again. I've had a couple of tractors do drivebys. One was gritting, another ploughing, another was rescuing the neighbours and one was just out to show off they had mobility. I actually had to use the shovel to scoop off all the snow on the cars because it was too compacted for the brush. Now I've just been informed the water is going off at 5 so I can't take a shower to warm up :mad:

Just in from round 2. I don't think I'll ever be warm again. I've had a couple of tractors do drivebys. One was gritting, another ploughing, another was rescuing the neighbours and one was just out to show off they had mobility. I actually had to use the shovel to scoop off all the snow on the cars because it was too compacted for the brush. Now I've just been informed the water is going off at 5 so I can't take a shower to warm up :mad:

Geez Wyrn , ye got hit really bad , didn't ye :(

Sometimes we get caught up in our own little bubbles that we forget others got affected a hundred times worse . hope you can warm up soon one way or another x.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The amount of snow, it took me ages to get it off the car. I thought I snapped the wipers then in the middle of it. I ended up soaked through.
    Went out then with the rubbish and all the heaped up snow fell on my feet and the cold! I suppose it will be gone in a few days but I've never experienced anything like this in my lifetime anyway.

Geez Wyrn , ye got hit really bad , didn't ye :(

Sometimes we get caught up in our own little bubbles that we forget others got affected a hundred times worse . hope you can warm up soon one way or another x.
    Aye, very bad around here. My grandmother was trapped in her house but luckily the neighbours have been calling in to make sure she's ok and to bring in fuel. My mother had to walk a couple of miles to go into work and then walk home again. She was off but she works in the hospital and they were desperate for staff. That said though, all my neighbours were out shovelling, so it was a great community spirit helping each other out and rolling our eyes at the people who tried to drive up the hill near us (and fail).

• Advertisement

Aye, very bad around here. My grandmother was trapped in her house but luckily the neighbours have been calling in to make sure she's ok and to bring in fuel. My mother had to walk a couple of miles to go into work and then walk home again. She was off but she works in the hospital and they were desperate for staff. That said though, all my neighbours were out shovelling, so it was a great community spirit helping each other out and rolling our eyes at the people who tried to drive up the hill near us (and fail).

Fair fecks and thanks to your Mam , and everyone else in the emergency services for battling their way to work this week .
    Community spirit and great neighbours are a blessing , sounds like where I lived years ago , rural enough area .

I went out here today to try clear some of the road and pathways , one other neighbour out doing the same . Another one stood on her doorstep watching us , said it was too slippy to go out....wtf !!

Estate is lethal at the minute , and she'll be the first one to complain if one of her kids fall.

TLDR :

Mudder of 4 was ranting :D

What part of the country are you in wryn?

Loads of people were out earlier clearing their cars and driveways. We borrowed a shovel off next door to do ours (didn't do a great job though :o) Mack only got home from work at 8am and had to abandon his car on the road cos couldn't get it into the driveway or even onto the path. A tow truck was doing the rounds earlier and helped him move but he had to park on the next road. Probably a good thing though cos we were able to go out just now to get Eddie Rockets and a few bits of groceries, and he parked it around the corner this time. Our road seems to have the deepest snow of most around our area, and a lot of the other small roads have been cleared. Once we were out on the main roads though we were grand.

I was so happy to get out of the house. He just wanted takeaway but I neeeeeded to be out for a while! Has lifted my mood so much, even though it was only for about 90 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's like being told 'you can't go out', the first thing you want to do is just get out in it! Thought I'd crack up yesterday.

Well after all my laughing at everyone falling, I slipped and fell getting out of the car. Pretty sure my arse is broke. There’ll be a go fund me page later. Send wine

Well after all my laughing at everyone falling, I slipped and fell getting out of the car. Pretty sure my arse is broke. There’ll be a go fund me page later. Send wine

Any CCTV around?

Any CCTV around?

Word on the street is it’s making its way to RTE HQ righ naaaa.

Seriously though. Ouch.

And I know what you’re all thinking.

Yes the wine survived the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

anna080 wrote:
    And I know what you’re all thinking.

anna080 wrote:
    Yes the wine survived the fall.

I saw a girl fall yesterday while holding a bottle of wine, it survived, I was so proud of her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Poor Anna’s arse!! Did anyone witness the fall?!

Almost came a cropper twice yesterday but held it together just about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Fair play to your Mother wyrn.
    Tell her people on the internet say thanks.:)

Advertisement