Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tis a scary place at times over there , it should have a Health Warning stickied at the top of the page ...

You mean with a link to log you out.:D

I won't do that again.
    But the Mods should.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I think I’ve watched too much drag race. I was sending my OH a message and my response to him was “check your shade hunty”.
    I swiftly deleted it as I doubt very much he would have been amused :D

Are there women drag queens.?
    Yes a stupid question but .........?

It's people dressing up as someone they are not so I don't see why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Are there women drag queens.?
    Yes a stupid question but .........?

It's people dressing up as someone they are not so I don't see why not.

They're called Drag Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

giphy.gif

Jeffs dog ...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Anyone recommend a decent smart phone that I don't need to remortgage the house to afford? Needs to be one I can plug my existing sim into though

skipper_G wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent smart phone that I don't need to remortgage the house to afford? Needs to be one I can plug my existing sim into though

I'm not any help at all Skipper , not into phones at all sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

3cebd2905936d5581ba4b2e8364db8c1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Anyone recommend a decent smart phone that I don't need to remortgage the house to afford? Needs to be one I can plug my existing sim into though[/QUOTE

Don't know how low you are looking to go Skip but Xmas before last I wanted to get a phone for my son( mid 20;s would use a lot but was always losing/breaking them) so didn't want to throw a lot of money at it. Was recommended the Alcatel POP 4 Plus at about 100 euro. He loves it and has no issues with it. He would use it a lot for music emails social media..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can't you put your sim into any phone :confused: .... I'd recommend a Tesco phone they usually have good offers, you can use their sim and keep your number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

How much have you got to spend, what do you want/need in the phone. What sim card do you have, micro... Nano?

Can't you put your sim into any phone :confused: .... I'd recommend a Tesco phone they usually have good offers, you can use their sim and keep your number.

I guess so :o I blame the withdrawal. I will have a look at the offers they have.
    deco nate wrote: »
    How much have you got to spend, what do you want/need in the phone. What sim card do you have, micro... Nano?

I am a stingy git so prefer not to waste all my communion money. I have a number like 200 in my head. Sim is a micro, basic enough requirements browsing, gifs, mail etc. Camera I couldn't care about

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I guess so :o I blame the withdrawal. I will have a look at the offers they have.

I am a stingy git so prefer not to waste all my communion money. I have a number like 200 in my head. Sim is a micro, basic enough requirements browsing, gifs, mail etc. Camera I couldn't care about

A gif is not a basic requirement, skip. It’s a ultra high net requirement and I think you need to have a little more respect!

Huawei P8 Lite 2017, I think it's 120 from Vodafone if you port your number over(just get a sim from tesco and port over) not sure if its unlocked, costs like a fiver to onlock online , or cut the bs and buy it from Carphone Warehouse for 160.great phone for the price. Also I think its a nano, micro cards have a cut in them. Just push the plastic off.

Edit:have a look at some reviews

anna080 wrote: »
    A gif is not a basic requirement, skip. It’s a ultra high net requirement and I think you need to have a little more respect!

Soz it's the withdrawals

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

OMG 200, that's an outrageous amount of money to spend on a 'cheap' phone... The phone I'm using now was just under 200, it's a Lenovo 6 and a half inch, I haven't needed to use me computer /laptop since I got this phone.

Huawei P8 Lite 2017, I think it's 120 from Vodafone if you port your number over(just get a sim from tesco and port over) not sure if its unlocked, costs like a fiver to onlock online , or cut the bs and buy it from Carphone Warehouse for 160.great phone for the price. Also I think its a nano, micro cards have a cut in them. Just push the plastic off.

Edit:have a look at some reviews

I was looking at this thread earlier.
    You get a jersey you can flog with it and its duel sim.

Not sure what the screen size is.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057849044/1/#post106370076

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/huawei-p8-lite-2017-pay-as-you-go

giphy.gif

Jeffs dog ...:D

That was her after a week of cabin fever yesterday.
    She took so long to walk because she had to smell every where.:)

I was looking at this thread earlier.
    You get a jersey you can flog with it and its duel sim.

Not sure what the screen size is.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057849044/1/#post106370076

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/huawei-p8-lite-2017-pay-as-you-go
    They are not dual sim here in Ireland, you have to buy online if you need that unfortunately Jeff. I bought my sister one for Christmas, she loves it.

That was her after a week of cabin fever yesterday.
    She took so long to walk because she had to smell every where.:)

Ah bet you both were delighted to be back out and about Jeff :)

• Advertisement

They are not dual sim here in Ireland, you have to buy online if you need that unfortunately Jeff. I bought my sister one for Christmas, she loves it.

Thanks for that as I'm looking for a new phone too.
    I'v two phones and was thinking of porting one number and still having my other sim in there.
    Still good all the same for the price.

Thanks for that as I'm looking for a new phone too.
    I'v two phones and was thinking of porting one number and still having my other sim in there.
    Still good all the same for the price.
    Plus a free Ireland top if bought from Vodafone :D

Plus a free Ireland top if bought from Vodafone :D

Flog that on adverts and quids in.:D

Ah bet you both were delighted to be back out and about Jeff :)

Yeah she was going on like there better not be new dogs on my patch.:)
    But great to get back to normal and non hyper dog.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,372 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If I murdered someone today would I get away with it cos i’is a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Try that and then let me know. I've a list of people I wouldn't mind murdering. Spend the rest of the day on a rampage like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You're thinking of the purge. Not a bad idea tbf.

neonsofa wrote: »
    Try that and then let me know. I've a list of people I wouldn't mind murdering. Spend the rest of the day on a rampage like.

Let me know if ye want to borrow my flamethrower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Let me know if ye want to borrow my flamethrower

Yes, do it in style like. Make onlookers reconsider their own behaviour too. You have the right idea.

Advertisement