Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband Naas

Options
  • 07-02-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Anybody have sky broadband in Naas? If so, how good/fast is it really? Currently with Virgin, but just have broadband, no tv. They are quite good and fast, but expensive so thinking of switching to the latest deal from sky...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Sky is eircom broadband with a different name on it! Well worth getting to benefit from the TV discounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

edson wrote: »
    Anybody have sky broadband in Naas? If so, how good/fast is it really? Currently with Virgin, but just have broadband, no tv. They are quite good and fast, but expensive so thinking of switching to the latest deal from sky...

was VM for a year, contract end and price up, moved to Sky BB, the speed is no where near VM( dose make senses as VM is fiber)

cancel with in 14days cooling period, with VM happy after ever :D

worth to have a look the boards deal with VM - got 50euro one for all card and half price for 6 months ect

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

With sky about 6 months now and will be going back to VM when my contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

MotorMike wrote: »
    With sky about 6 months now and will be going back to VM when my contract is up

here you go, OP

are you the same can not get any singal in a f*** 3 beds sem - D with Sky? :eek::eek:

Skye is unreal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If you are in Naas, you should look at SIRO

https://siro.ie/towns/naas/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

you2008 wrote: »
    here you go, OP

are you the same can not get any singal in a f*** 3 beds sem - D with Sky? :eek::eek:

Drops out in different rooms around the house.

Getting half the speeds I was with VM

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

MotorMike wrote: »
    you2008 wrote: »
    here you go, OP

Drops out in different rooms around the house.

Getting half the speeds I was with VM

Hmmmm, interesting....
    I really only want basic channels with good internet. Am also looking into an indoor aerial for the smart tv we have, haven't been able to set it up yet.

https://siro.ie/towns/naas/

Looked that up, not available at our address even though the site says it's rolled out to Naas!

Do you know anything more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Fibre Optic Cable straight to your house on the ESB line. The benefit being that the likes of Eir/Sky are fibre to the cabinet and then copper to your house which is where you lose speed.

GavMan wrote: »
    Fibre Optic Cable straight to your house on the ESB line. The benefit being that the likes of Eir/Sky are fibre to the cabinet and then copper to your house which is where you lose speed.

It all sounds good in theory, though the Vodafone site does not have Naas listed. Check Digiweb too, and it says it's available in Naas, though I need to confirm with my address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Has anyone any experience of SIRO? Or anyone have Vodafone TV?... Vodafone are currently in my area offering this and Vodafone TV.... €25 for six months then €70/€80 depending on plan...... Tempted, but would love to hear people's real experience of both SIRO and Vodafone TV. Thanks.

Advertisement