Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit thread

Options
  • 08-02-2018 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I sincerely doubt it's worth me doing so,but I would draw issue with the moderation of ancapailldorcha. I am being routinely banned for very little. I recently received a two week ban for posting something along the lines of "Another Tory brainwave" .
    I appreciate that mods have a difficult job, I'd not do it as I don't really like telling people what to do or to say, but when a mod is handing out lengthy bans based entirely upon their own perception of the merits of post content, it is in effect stifling free speech. Judgement of quality is entirely subjective. It surely is against the ethos of any democratic forum.
    I may on occasion get frustrated ,but I am less insulated than most, being a partner in a significant business in England on a local level,and a fairly major employer, who's future is at stake as I try to decide what to do.
    I'm sure you can pick holes in anything, but I'm generally reasoned and reasonable.
    It seems that plenty of one line so called "pithy" or "uninformative" posts pass without remark.
    It stems, I'm sure, from a lighthearted remark i made about boards mods jumping to conclusion s. I meant no offence.
    Anyhow, I'm currently unbanned, but don't feel this moderation is fair.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There is a process for appealing cards or bans. Have you spoken directly to the mod about your concerns? If you cannot resolve it directly with the mod you can challenge a card or ban in the Dispute Resolution Forum, where a Category Moderator will deal with your appeal

You refer to "stifling free speech". Please note this is a private website, and there is no "right" to free speech here

Advertisement