Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Devireg 710-2

• 08-02-2018 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As the thread title says, i'm looking to replace a faulty devireg 710-2 controller for a storage heating system. I'm having trouble finding a like for like replacement. Does anyone on here know of a supplier, or better yet, a nice alternative to it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nicper

Hi.I`m in the same situation as you- no heating ! Did you have any luck finding a supplier or suitable replacement?? Cheers, Nic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There are a load of them here, and the one with a sensor might do the job. https://www.eibmarkt.com/cgi-bin/eibmarkt.storefront/5a97c501002f90c0274c4debae38068a/Ext/Custom/Search?productsPerPage=8&page=2&sortVerkaufspreis=asc&filterCatalogs=EC000411&xml=true&query=*

In the house where I was involved with this, the electrician decided to just bypass the controller completely. The signal from the meter controls the relay to apply power to charge the units.

All of these devices do seem basic enough. They are all based on the idea that the next evening's temperature is reflective of the overnight temperature. This is not necessarily true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi, hope it's ok to dig up this thread.

I'm interested to know what you folxs got? I have the 710

I'm looking for something or an upgrade.

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'd probably just control the charge time with a wifi timer or shelly or similar

Timer just needs the correct functionality. The old system was a basic master stat that did something similar

Dunno if there's any replacement for the 710 that works a thermistor ,could be

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Don't some of the Shelley's or similar have GPS and weather built in

They have dawn to dusk for example and negates the need for a photocell

• Advertisement
Advertisement