Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Route

• 08-02-2018 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

What are the quietest running routes around merrion square. Looking for some where to run at lunch time but where I wont be stopping constantly for traffic.

Merrion square itself is grand but very short loop which can get a very boring and if groups of people walking through the park the paths can be a pain to navigate slowing you down a lot.

Any of the runners who train around merrion square area recommend the best routes that have worked for them please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭cullenswood

You are about a mile from Ringsend park, where there is a decent 1.1km loop, or 2k from Irishtown, where you can run as far out as you want to the lighthouse and back unhindered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Depends how much time you have / how far you want to run, you could run alongside the Dodder, there is a nice path for running from Ringsend past the Aviva towards the RDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Just started in the city myself, and as far as I can see everyone goes to Ringsend/Irishtown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ringsend is good and a short distance for u

Advertisement