Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭fits

xebec wrote: »
    But if a random question, is the SEAI grant approval sent via email or post? Reason for asking is that I have received what appears to be a valid email confirming grant eligibility but the PDF link they sent shows as a .exe file on my iPad instead of .pdf…. Looking more closely is appears to have an extra extension by mistake but I’m wary, it has filename.pdf.exe

I couldn’t open it on my iPhone only on pc. I can’t see extension. It’s click to download.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Do you need an electric ireland account to get their offer

No, not at all.

Completely independent of their supply business.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

But if a random question, is the SEAI grant approval sent via email or post? Reason for asking is that I have received what appears to be a valid email confirming grant eligibility but the PDF link they sent shows as a .exe file on my iPad instead of .pdf…. Looking more closely is appears to have an extra extension by mistake but I’m wary, it has filename.pdf.exe

Can't speak to the filename , but I got my confirmation via email with a PDF attachment..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

fits wrote: »
    I couldn’t open it on my iPhone only on pc. I can’t see extension. It’s click to download.

Ah ok, sorted now opening on PC. Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Both.

• Advertisement

Where did you all get your zappis? I phoned my energi last week and they want to direct me to a wholesaler.

I just wanted to know if we need to purchase a hub. Charger will be installed about five metres max from fuse box and router. Meter is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Where did you all get your zappis? I phoned my energi last week and they want to direct me to a wholesaler.

I just wanted to know if we need to purchase a hub. Charger will be installed about five metres max from fuse box and router. Meter is there too.

The hub is just to give your Zappi an internet connection. Allows remote monitoring and control and you can also update firmware

It's not essential for the charger to work

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Can anyone recommend an adaptor to connect a Type 2 tethered Zappi to a Type 1 Nissan Leaf?

I was thinking of getting this one but I'm not sure if it'll work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T23X7X7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MP522EA47VBFCNZPVGZV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Long story short, the missus pulled our EO Mini off the wall this morning. It still functions, but there's a nice crack in the back where the mounting screws pulled out

I've got a spare Zappi which was to replace the EO Mini when I sold the Leaf, but it's type 2 tethered so will only work with the Leaf via an adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Can anyone recommend an adaptor to connect a Type 2 tethered Zappi to a Type 1 Nissan Leaf?

I was thinking of getting this one but I'm not sure if it'll work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T23X7X7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MP522EA47VBFCNZPVGZV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Long story short, the missus pulled our EO Mini off the wall this morning. It still functions, but there's a nice crack in the back where the mounting screws pulled out

I've got a spare Zappi which was to replace the EO Mini when I sold the Leaf, but it's type 2 tethered so will only work with the Leaf via an adaptor

what did she do, drive off when plugged in?

Cyrus wrote: »

Close, drove the Leaf off while the ID.4 was plugged in, caught the cable under the front bumper and pulled the charger off the wall :mad:

Thankfully the ID.4 is fine, otherwise I'd be properly annoyed

• Advertisement

Close, drove the Leaf off while the ID.4 was plugged in, caught the cable under the front bumper and pulled the charger off the wall :mad:

Thankfully the ID.4 is fine, otherwise I'd be properly annoyed

:(

The hub is just to give your Zappi an internet connection. Allows remote monitoring and control and you can also update firmware

It's not essential for the charger to work

Do I need the hub to schedule charging?

Is that actually possible?

Would the car allow you to start the engine and move off while connected to a charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do I need the hub to schedule charging?

No, can be done via the Zappi screen.
    Just alot more convenient to do via the myEnergi app and you need the hub for the app to work.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Would the car allow you to start the engine and move off while connected to a charger?

i would hope not thats why i asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

What would be a good price for fitting an EO MINI non tethered?

Quin_Dub wrote: »

i would hope not thats why i asked.

Not possible. You cant put an EV in drive if its plugged in.

Electric ireland do it for 1099 so less than that would be good i guess.

Just got mine supplied and fitted by Electric Ireland for €1099 , with €600 to come back from the SEAI grant , so €499 net.

I'll give you one for €100, it got removed from the wall very recently :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'll give you one for €100, it got removed from the wall very recently
    🀣

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'll give you one for €100, it got removed from the wall very recently :D:rolleyes:

the EO mini, uses a off the shelf enclosure, Shouldnt be too hard to fix.

you could prob stick it in a generic plastic enclosure, if you didnt care about looks.

graememk wrote: »
    the EO mini, uses a off the shelf enclosure, Shouldnt be too hard to fix.

I'd say you'd be lucky if all thats damaged is the plastic enclosure.

It would take a fair strain to pull it off the wall and the cable and charge port took all that strain.

I know you said its still working but the cable has to be strained after that.

KCross wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be lucky if all thats damaged is the plastic enclosure.

It would take a fair strain to pull it off the wall and the cable and charge port took all that strain.

I know you said its still working but the cable has to be strained after that.

It was pulled sideways, so I'd say the port on the charger would have taken the brunt of the force. I'd say it was the leverage of the plug sticking out the front that gave it enough force to pull the charger off the wall

There's 4 screws that held it on the wall, 2 ripped out of the enclosure cracking the casing and 2 are still there

Luckily with the EO the electronics attach to the front of the charger, so they're out of harm's way

However I'd be concerned about water getting into the crack on the back of it over time

To be clear, I won't be selling it after replacing it, I couldn't take money for damaged goods in good conscience

However I may give it away for free if anyone wants to have a go at repairing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

However I may give it away for free if anyone wants to have a go at repairing it

Hi, I'd be interested in it, sounds like it would be salvageable.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Buffman wrote: »
    Hi, I'd be interested in it, sounds like it would be salvageable.

I'll keep you posted, I need to find a suitable adaptor for the Leaf to connect to a Type 2 Zappi

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It was pulled sideways, so I'd say the port on the charger would have taken the brunt of the force. I'd say it was the leverage of the plug sticking out the front that gave it enough force to pull the charger off the wall

There's 4 screws that held it on the wall, 2 ripped out of the enclosure cracking the casing and 2 are still there

Luckily with the EO the electronics attach to the front of the charger, so they're out of harm's way

However I'd be concerned about water getting into the crack on the back of it over time

To be clear, I won't be selling it after replacing it, I couldn't take money for damaged goods in good conscience

Could you get some epoxy and seal up the cracks?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Could you get some epoxy and seal up the cracks?

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted it

Alternatively it could probably be used in a garage without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted it

Alternatively it could probably be used in a garage without any issues

If you contact eo direct and explain they might send you out the casing.

• Advertisement

Which is a better charger.
    Eo mini or the Eo mini pro 2 ?

Advertisement