Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

It says in the link - Compatible with Pulsar Plus, Commander 2, Copper SB. Most probably it will be ok, but perhaps just double check with the seller that its compatible with Max also.

May be you don't need to lower the amps at night if hob/shower isn't in use but better be safe than sorry.

There was an update available for the charger and the app was returning an error in sending the file. I didn't know but the charger can be linked with your wifi which means its connected all the time and it can be accessed remotely unlike the bluetooth. Once connected thru the wifi, update was completed in seconds. I am new to all this but happy to assist if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

Hey folks,

I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus and in the process if getting PV panels up atm. However in the wallbox app, I have all the upgraded greyed out?

Basically following the guide here seems impossible:

Anyone with wallbox encounter this issue and know how to get past it? Charger & App is using latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Apologies. I was splicing names between the Ohme Pro and the Zappi.

So is the Zappi pretty much the best you can get at the minute?

• Advertisement

it really depends on your propose set up.

If you plan on installing other MyEnergi products, then its the best to remain in the eco system and use their app to control charging and eddi hot water diversion etc

Also they have new Libbi product out now, which is battery so better integration. I have GivEnergy battery and invertor and it works well enough with the MyEnergi app but im not the one to dive deep into the settings. I let the system do its thing!

Zappi is €799 supplied and fitted after Grant with EasyGo.

Wallbox is just as good but no integration with the PV app. It works with PV excess with the CT clamp and its €550 supplied and fitted after Grant from Ecoplex.

At the end of the day they are glorified external sockets so i wouldn't get too hung up. Its hard to say there's a "best" one. The "best" charger is one that's working and plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

is Power Meter installed as that is required for all the these features to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Is the Libbi battery storage very overpriced for what it is ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Absolutely!

The Renewables forum also has long MyEnergi discussions, as Gumbo says it's great if you want to use PV and Water Diverter and elect to use a separate AC battery inverter as all well controlled under a very good App and no need for deep intervention

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

That is what was missing, thanks! Didn't know had to ask for this when they were installing the charger (assumed it was standard)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Red Albey

🚗 Seeking Advice: Best Home Charging Models for Tesla Model Y (No Solar at Home) 🏠

Hello fellow Tesla enthusiasts!

I hope you're all enjoying the incredible driving experience of your Tesla Model Y as much as I am. 😄 I'm reaching out to this awesome community today to seek your valuable insights on home charging solutions.

As I currently don't have solar panels installed at home, I'm on the lookout for the most efficient and reliable home charging models that would work seamlessly with my Model Y. I want to make sure I can charge my car conveniently and ensure it's always ready for my daily adventures.

If you have any recommendations or experiences with specific charging models that you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to comment below.

Also, it would be great to know if any of these charging models offer smart features or compatibility with mobile apps for scheduling and monitoring charging sessions.

Your expertise and feedback are highly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your assistance.

#TeslaModelY #HomeCharging #NoSolar #ElectricVehicle #EVLife

A plug.

It’s as simple as that. Plug it in and forget about it.

A €300 QUBEV charger does exactly the same as a €2000 Anderson charger.

Do you have a budget?

Are you going for grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Had Tony in eCar-Infra install a Hypervolt tethered charger this week. Very helpful and work was done really neatly. Highly recommended. Now just need my Model 3 to arrive so I can test. Thanks people in thread for recommending Tony!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Great choice. Its a solid piece of equipment. I don't bother with any settings after initial setup. Charge timer in M3 is used.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 22,391 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

has anyone used something like this to cover ev charging cables that have to cross a path?

My house doesn't have designated parking and would need to get a charger installed on the house wall and run a cable to the car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

That very one is too thin for EV charging cable, they state it in description. It would, however, be OK for granny charger cable.

For thick cables they recommend this:

Much dearer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Sorry for the silly question, currently in a rental between selling and buying a place.

I have a quote for getting a charger but since I’m only here for a few more months I’m reconsidering installing it.

My commute is only 5 miles a day so I could granny charge it every night or use the 50kw charger at the local supermarket.

What would you do? I would never get the money back on the charger and I wouldn’t be able to take it with me.

what’s the best way to do a temporary box with a plug out by the drive? I notice the slow chargers have a big box after the plugs, is that waterproof?

I was thinking of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-IP54-Weatherproof-Electric-Box-Grey/dp/B00B0X8CYC/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=outdoor+socket+box+waterproof&qid=1691004991&sr=8-6

or should I just install the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'd granny charge.

Definitely granny charge, but don't use extension leads. If necessary, get an outdoor socket installed. Cheaply done....especially if DIY

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If going for a dedicated socket for a granny charger, get a decent quality brand fitted like MK. Cheap sockets are prone to melting with granny chargers.

Would the property owner be willing to cover part of the cost of fitting a proper 7kW charger if you claimed the grant etc. ? It would be an addition to the property on the basis that you leave it behind when you move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm sure they'd be more agreeable to that than having an outdoor socket on the front of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

car arrived this morning and well the ID3 doesn’t even come with a granny charger now so might as well get an EV charger.

I can also go onto a ev tariff saving 22p a kW so man maths is making it work out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm not sure I could do without a granny charger. We've had the car a few months and there've been a few times where the granny charger has made a trip much easier. Yes, we could have detoured to a public charger instead but at a time/logistics cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What tariff is being pushed onto you? Sounds like one of those EV smart meter plans, be very careful as the day and peak rates are absolutely horrible, standing charge can be high too. Remember, if you change to a smart plan that's it you're stuck on smart plans forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Old thread but maybe i'll get a response.

Filling out the SEAI form and at this point you need to know the manufacturer and model of Charger?

I didnt think i had to decide that at this poing. So i'm better off getting the quotes first, deciding, then applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Can you select "Other" for manufacturer and model of charger? That's what I did at the beginning of the year, before I went for quotes.

I'm pretty sure they don't care. I filled on Ohme when I applied for the grant and fitted a Zappi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Have you priced up an EV charger install? Have you got the landlords permission to do a major electrical install on the house?

Personally, not in a million years would I pay all of the cost of an installation in a rental house, especially if you're only there for the short term. You've a tiny commute, one public charge a week would more than cover you.

Type 2 granny chargers are going for about €100 on Adverts, you'd possibly get one even cheaper as you're UK. Always handy to have one even if only for irregular use.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

Right I'm looking for a home charger and I'm based in Cork, has anyone got any recommendations?

From my own research looking at reviews:

Ecoplex - May be the cheapest right now but recent google reviews are poor. 600e after grant (not confirmed yet)

Smartzone - Seems like Smartzone Autel charger is 700e after grant, shocking google reviews.

ePower - waiting on quote - great reviews

Energywise - waiting on quote - good reviews

Feedback welcome or am I over thinking it? House is new build, no Solar PV

Advertisement