Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

C@t wrote: »
    The reply I got from them (and what the other supplier told me) was that the ALM would work with the Mini, not the Mini Pro. They have another product called a Basic, which isn’t as small as the Mini series
    Currently on the phone with electric Ireland, so he confirmed that their unit works with the ALM unit...:confused:... gonna take a chance, not badly stuck for home charging thankfully, I'll post up as I go forward and let you know how I get on..
    OK, booked in for this day 2 weeks, apparently for an EO mini Pro with ALM unit install, I suppose we'll find out then!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭C@t

bootser wrote: »
    Currently on the phone with electric Ireland, so he confirmed that their unit works with the ALM unit...:confused:... gonna take a chance, not badly stuck for home charging thankfully, I'll post up as I go forward and let you know how I get on..
    OK, booked in for this day 2 weeks, apparently for an EO mini Pro with ALM unit install, I suppose we'll find out then!

Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Good luck!

It sounds like the ALM is an add on, you can buy from their website. In our case we don't need one but did you charge you for the ALM add on (to the mini pro).

Good luck!

It sounds like the ALM is an add on, you can buy from their website. In our case we don't need one but did you charge you for the ALM add on (to the mini pro).
    No extra charge, but I did specify that I would need load balancing and he specifically told me that there would be an ALM unit fitted on the install. I had to pay today(€1099) but he said if I wasnt happy on the day I could send the tech away and get a refund. Interesting to see how this works out:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Good luck!

It sounds like the ALM is an add on, you can buy from their website.

The ALM is a separate device you connect via a cable. you can see it and the manual here https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/eo-ev-chargers/eoalm-active-load-management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Im collecting a leaf next weekend. I sent off for letter of approval for the grant. Should I contact electric Ireland now about installing the charger or wait until I have the car? Can someone confirm the eo mini pro charger has load balancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

goob20s wrote: »
    Im collecting a leaf next weekend. I sent off for letter of approval for the grant. Should I contact electric Ireland now about installing the charger or wait until I have the car? Can someone confirm

You need the grant offer before doing any work on installing the charger.

But you could probably call EI and book the installation as there’s a good chance you’ll have the offer letter before they are able to fit you in for an install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

If youre leasing a car can you avail of the grant?

No extra charge, but I did specify that I would need load balancing and he specifically told me that there would be an ALM unit fitted on the install. I had to pay today(€1099) but he said if I wasnt happy on the day I could send the tech away and get a refund. Interesting to see how this works out:rolleyes:

That's a bonus to get the add on without the additional cost. We don't specfically need balancing but wondering if we should get it anyway.

Got our offer letter in the post within a couple of days of applying online so going to call ESB today to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭zg3409

TheW1zard wrote: »

Ring SEAI. I think the registered owner needs to apply. I know businesses who buy EVs cannot get the home charger grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If by lease you mean hire purchase then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

MJohnston wrote: »
    If by lease you mean hire purchase then yes.

If my company leases an electric car can i get a grant for a chargepoint at home?

If my company leases an electric car can i get a grant for a chargepoint at home?

Looking at the offer letter now the t&c's say the vehicle has to be privately owned. In saying that it says you only have to provide the registration cert if the car is second hand or imported.

Would they link your application the main SEAI grant (for the €5k) ie: you can't have one without the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Looking at the offer letter now the t&c's say the vehicle has to be privately owned. In saying that it says you only have to provide the registration cert if the car is second hand or imported.

Would they link your application the main SEAI grant (for the €5k) ie: you can't have one without the other?

It couldn't be linked to the SEAI vehicle grant, because anyone buying the car second hand wouldn't have access to that.

However, when you try to fill in the Home Charger grant application form, there's a question "Are you named on the Vehicle Registration Cert?" and if you answer no it says: "Only the person named on the Vehicle Registration Certificate is eligible to apply for an EV Home Charger grant"

I would imagine if it's a leased company car, your name won't be on the VRC?

That's a bonus to get the add on without the additional cost. We don't specfically need balancing but wondering if we should get it anyway.

Got our offer letter in the post within a couple of days of applying online so going to call ESB today to book.
    does the offer letter say you can install as soon as you want?

goob20s wrote: »
    does the offer letter say you can install as soon as you want?

Yep - offer letter is valid for 6 months from date of issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Is €900 a good price for supply, fitting and certification of an EO Mini?
    My house is precabled from the consumer unit to an outdoor junction box with 32A cable, so installer just has to put fuse at consumer unit, install isolation switch outside and actually connect the charger. I've a BMW530e with the app so I dont need smart charger. No power shower. We do have solar PV but it's only a 1kWh system with no battery and the car is mostly gone during the day time so dont see a point in doing anything with solar PV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is €900 a good price for supply, fitting and certification of an EO Mini?
    My house is precabled from the consumer unit to an outdoor junction box with 32A cable, so installer just has to put fuse at consumer unit, install isolation switch outside and actually connect the charger. I've a BMW530e with the app so I dont need smart charger. No power shower. We do have solar PV but it's only a 1kWh system with no battery and the car is mostly gone during the day time so dont see a point in doing anything with solar PV.

My mate got quoted €949 for full fitting for the EO.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Gumbo wrote: »
    My mate got quoted €949 for full fitting for the EO.

Are these prices before or after the grant please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

xboxdad wrote: »
    Are these prices before or after the grant please?

Before the grant. Net cost €350.
    He brought in a 2019 530e MSport+ too.

• Advertisement

Booked an Electric Ireland install of the mini pro untethered today (€1099 before the grant).

First available slot is 14/7, asked to be put on a cancellation list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Booked an Electric Ireland install of the mini pro untethered today (€1099 before the grant).

First available slot is 14/7, asked to be put on a cancellation list too.

Do you have to be an Electric Ireland customer to avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

chewed wrote: »
    Do you have to be an Electric Ireland customer to avail of this offer?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Anyone using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus? Someone recommended this to me. I don't see any interface on it. So I assume it's all set up and monitored via an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got the night meter installed about an hour ago, he was gone within about 15 mins.

Power went off when he was working but apparently other houses went out as well. We were in the middle of an electrical storm.:)

Just went out to have a look in box. Noticed we have a "Harvi" unit also, presume this was installed in conjunction with the Zappi which was fitted a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

chewed wrote: »
    Anyone using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus? Someone recommended this to me. I don't see any interface on it. So I assume it's all set up and monitored via an app?

Yeah everything is controlled through the app. It's a good unit. Very reliable and nice neet design

If I buy the charger online (Andersen, UK) what documentation do I need to request / keep so that SEAI will accept it as cost?

With electric Ireland's charger are the tethered and non tethered the same price? Was charged 1099 euro for tethered, thought it would be 100 more for some reason.

goob20s wrote:
    With electric Ireland's charger are the tethered and non tethered the same price? Was charged 1099 euro for tethered, thought it would be 100 more for some reason.

When I enquired I was told it was 1199 for the tethered, so I'd say well done!

• Advertisement

When I enquired I was told it was 1199 for the tethered, so I'd say well done!

Is this also before grant?

Advertisement